Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Going For It....

Going For It....

Old Sep 1st 2006, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

tony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud oftony4563 has much to be proud of
Default Going For It....

Well, me, my wife and son of 14 just got back after 2 weeks in Brisbane staying with close friends and a week in Perth seeing my brother and his family. It was a holiday/ reccie to get a taste of Australia. From the start, I was like a big excited kid on the plane following the flightpath on the monitor in front of my seat. We landed in the dark in Sydney and had a connecting flight to Brisbane as dawn broke. I was in awe as I followed the beautiful coastline all the way from above. The wonderful blues, greens and turquoise colours of the sea blending with the white sand remain etched in my mind forever. I fell in love from the start. We loved Brisbane. It had a great feel good factor to it. We felt we could really settle there and be happy. The Aussie people we met were genuinely very nice and welcoming. The weather was great too for winter. Beautiful blue skies and warm sunshine. Perth was very nice too. Theres LOADS of places to visit. You can shop till you drop and the variety of quality restaurants and places to eat is amazing. It's great. The only dampner, I thought, was the mentality of some of the brits living there. Big 4x4's with the big Union Jack on the number plate with MAN UTD on it (look at me, I'm British...yawn yawn) No offence to anyone intended, just my own personal opinion. Anyway, back home now with fond memories of our visit. We've decided to apply and got an agent to start the ball rolling for us. I know it costs but we just want it hassle free as possible. It looks like Brisbane edged it for us. Perth is a great city but we just had more contacts regarding work in Brissie.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going For It....

Glad you like Brissy, we aim to please