Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Zoning - Queensland

Zoning - Queensland

Old Aug 29th 2006, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold
Default Zoning - Queensland

Can anyone tell me the actual meaning when it sais residential 1, 2, or 3 when refering to a house or building plot? presumably it refers to things you are/aren't allowed to do on/with your property but does anybody know what sort of things it covers?
Old Aug 29th 2006, 8:34 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Zoning - Queensland

Originally Posted by windog
Can anyone tell me the actual meaning when it sais residential 1, 2, or 3 when refering to a house or building plot? presumably it refers to things you are/aren't allowed to do on/with your property but does anybody know what sort of things it covers?
Which city/town are you moving to? Try emailing the relevant council authority as different councils have different zoning regs?
Old Aug 30th 2006, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

It's usually got to do with housing density. Rough guide Res 1 is detached housing, Res 2 is townhouses, Res 3 flats, etc

WW
Old Aug 31st 2006, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
It's usually got to do with housing density. Rough guide Res 1 is detached housing, Res 2 is townhouses, Res 3 flats, etc

WW
Hello

I would go with the other poster and e-mail your local council.

Rules can vary wildly, even in adjacent councils. I know where we are zone 1 is residential, 2 is mixed zoning and 3 is industrial only, so it totally depends on your council - obviously totally different from the above zoning.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Thanks all I will have to e-mail Cairns council & see what they say
Old Sep 1st 2006, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Thanks all I will have to e-mail Cairns council & see what they say
Cairns plan definitions can be found here http://www.cairns.qld.gov.au/files/c...area_codes.pdf (1.3 mb file)

Res 1 (detached houses) is on page 117

Res 2 (innovative housing - cluster or shared allotments) is on page 119

Res 3 (medium density) is on page 122

WW