Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

God !! Life can be difficult some times

Wikiposts

God !! Life can be difficult some times

Old Sep 2nd 2003, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes i have to agree, today i am feeling pretty shit but usually nothing gets me down. Quite frankly i am ony human.

footie chick xx
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

The Simpsons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by footie chick
Yes i have to agree, today i am feeling pretty shit but usually nothing gets me down. Quite frankly i am ony human.

footie chick xx
Tomorrow's another day (and hopefully better!) and before you know it, you'll be on to the next phase. I;'ve been thru some s**t lately, but you do get thru it. And the crappy stuff WILL eventually be in the past!

Hang in there Footie!
xxxxx
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

footie chick xx

Hi Tracie
Chin up girl!!!

The UNI thing- their loss, but relax abit more while you are still in the UK, change this into a positive, new life, new start, once your application gets to nearing the final stages your feet won't touch the ground, your be too busy to concerntrate. There are so many courses advertised here.

Sorry to hear about Nige's dad, very hard time, as you know we lost Dave's mum while going through the process, if anything it made us stronger and more determined to do it,

Your 13 year old is a difficult situation, what about coming for a holiday, you can always stay with us! might change his mind. I thought we would have abit of a problem with our 2 teenagers, but they prefer school here, have made lots of friends etc.

He could always contact my 2, if there is anything he wants to ask!

We have been here 3 months, good days bad days for me anyway, more to do with health issues and not having mum here,
Dave has fitted right in, he always did glide along!!!

take care BE POSITIVE
love Yve xx
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Perhaps these things do happen for a reason. What did you want to do at Uni? Perhaps courses here might be more suited to life here if you know what I mean! Enjoy what's left of your time in the UK and begin making enquiries here so that you've got everything ready and can apply or get any extra qualifications/documentation etc you might need. Maybe Uni in the UK turned you down if they knew about Oz knowing you wouldn't complete the course?

One of my best mates left school with only a couple of CSE's to her name, since then she's had a tough time bringing up a handicapped child on her lonesome. This year she finished at Uni & got a 2:1. I'm so proud of her.

Sorry to hear about your partner's dad.

Good luck with your 13 year old. Try not to stress about it as it's often a different story once you're here and you wonder why you worried. My 8 year old was so adamant he didn't want to come, now he's adamant he never wants to go back. Kids!!!

Loopy
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Prestons is an unknown quantity at this point

Chin up Tracie

You've been a Spurs fan all these years so you're used to a hard time (yes I was there saturday and wished I had saved my 50 quid and gone down the pub instead - bloody Fulham!).

Sorry to hear all your rotten news - I had crappy exam results too but am going to look into the possibility of uni in Oz. My bosses daughter works for the university of Queensland so I can let you know a bit if you like - just send me a pm.

Best wishes
Dawn
Old Sep 3rd 2003, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

footie chick xx
Yes you are only human and a very nice human as most who have met you must think!!Be positive if you can your luck will change.Us Gary Mabbit fans need to stick together.Beleive me this process gets us all down at some point.Our lowpoint was our 22nd month of waiting! all the best jockney
Old Sep 5th 2003, 1:47 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracie
Been off line for a couple of days and only just saw this. So sorry to hear about the latest blow (uni) Sometimes it seems asthough someone outhere is trying to get you doesn't it? The only thing i can say is that its nothing personal and you will get through it hun. (hope you havn't drunk my visa celebration wine, its gonna be needed real soon
Old Sep 5th 2003, 1:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Chin up Tracie; keep taking the wine, it'll help you keep smiling.
Remember its the tough times that make us appreciate the good ones, and we're all here to support you through it.

Pollyana
xx
Old Sep 5th 2003, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear about your bad news. Things will improve for you soon. Try to look on the positives, Uni in Aus is bound to be more fun than it is over here!

I am sure you must be feeling a bit better after reading all of these great posts of support.

Ignore your son, 13 year olds are definitely moody and your description of him sounds just like my son! He will never want to come back when he gets out there. Just give him a firm kick up the a**e when you get on the plane and it will all be sorted!
Old Sep 5th 2003, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Heather

Thanks hun. Don`t worry that special bottle of white is still chilling and i will be waiting until i hear from you !!

It had just been a bad day the other day. It is difficult when i family member dies. I realise i still have to go through it so i will grin and bear it.

Yes i must have definately upset someone.

footie chick
Old Sep 5th 2003, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Pollyana

Thanks for your kind words. And yes the wine helps. Hope you are having a great time with your Fiance.

footie chick
Old Sep 5th 2003, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Tina

Life goes on !!

Teenage Kevin has thankfully chilled a bit .

footie chick
Old Sep 5th 2003, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

To you all

A huge thanks for all your words of support. You`ll be pleased to know i have bounced back with a vengance. Whatever has happened in the past is a sign. So onwards and upwards i await to see what life throws me next. Hopefully a visa to OZ is on the list.

All smiles from now on

Tracie xx
Old Sep 5th 2003, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Tracie, what were you hoping to do at uni?

Whisky
Old Sep 5th 2003, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

English Literature but hey there is more to life and i can still enjoy all the reading without the studying.

footie chick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.