Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Global Warming - Bring it on!

Global Warming - Bring it on!

Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of
Default Re: Global Warming - Bring it on!

Worzel

Dont mean to be rude but how much does one of theses beasts cost
as when on our reccie in Jan they all semmed verfy pricey but maybe I was
looking at the most expensive ones in Hillarys

Mick
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:29 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Worzel

Dont mean to be rude but how much does one of theses beasts cost
as when on our reccie in Jan they all semmed verfy pricey but maybe I was
looking at the most expensive ones in Hillarys

Mick
We picked ours up for $25K but it would probably have been closer to $40K new by the time you include all the goodies that came with it. That is about as much as upgrading the 4x4 to a new model would have cost and that was the choice the missus had. A dealer wouldn't sell anything much cheaper / older but you can pick up something older / smaller in the Quokka for a private sale. Being the end of summer and with the Recreational Skippers Ticket starting to be phased in it is a good time to buy at the moment as people are looking to sell.

Try browsing a few websites:
http://www.allboatbusiness.com.au/used.htm
http://www.boatshack.com.au/ (needs refreshing)
http://www.boatsonline.com.au/default.asp
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:46 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
We picked ours up for $25K but it would probably have been closer to $40K new by the time you include all the goodies that came with it. That is about as much as upgrading the 4x4 to a new model would have cost and that was the choice the missus had. A dealer wouldn't sell anything much cheaper / older but you can pick up something older / smaller in the Quokka for a private sale. Being the end of summer and with the Recreational Skippers Ticket starting to be phased in it is a good time to buy at the moment as people are looking to sell.

Try browsing a few websites:
http://www.allboatbusiness.com.au/used.htm
http://www.boatshack.com.au/ (needs refreshing)
http://www.boatsonline.com.au/default.asp
Totally recommend All Boat Business so far they have been great

Picture of Big Red back from sea trail (ignore fat chick - I look better when hair done and make up on - honest! )
Attached Thumbnails Global Warming - Bring it on!-big-red-sea-trail.jpg  
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:50 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat

Picture of Big Red back from sea trail (ignore fat chick - I look better when hair done and make up on - honest! )
You got it wet!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:54 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

You got it wet!
No just scraped back hair could be bothered to wash it Think I better go and wash hair now

Sam
Old Apr 20th 2007, 7:57 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

Hello Ian me old mate - it's been a while!

Congrats on the new acquisition - it looks great. I'm still looking to get waterbound, but with five kids it's more likely to be a kayak.

On a different subject, Paul (gajjitt) and I both have our 2 year anniversaries on 28th April - we'll have to get a celebration sussed out.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:01 am
A former regular of BE

No just scraped back hair could be bothered to wash it Think I better go and wash hair now

Sam
Not your hair, the boat you muppet
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:07 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by bal56
Hello Ian me old mate - it's been a while!

Congrats on the new acquisition - it looks great. I'm still looking to get waterbound, but with five kids it's more likely to be a kayak.

On a different subject, Paul (gajjitt) and I both have our 2 year anniversaries on 28th April - we'll have to get a celebration sussed out.
Sounds like a plan! Will try to spend more than 3 minutes together next time. (I was off sick for 3 days with the flu after that night). We have had a busy spell recently as my boss is leaving and having 2 leaving do's a week for the last month but there is only a week to go. It is (was) looking pretty quiet from the 28th as it happens. Trouble is you guys don't arrive until about 9pm and that's getting near my bedtime. I much prefer to go out straight from work for a few hours - much more choice / better bars in the city too. Is that any good for you?

Once we have got familiar with the boat we will start giving joyrides.

Have you got a citizenship interview / ceremony lined up yet?
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:19 am
Alive and boinging!

bal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to allbal56 is a name known to all

No, no ceremony lined up as yet. Paul's investigated more (I see him most mornings when walking the dogs), and reckons it's not worth applying until your 2 years is up. I'll have a word with him when I next see him about drinkies - I can always get the train and bus to work and head back via the city.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you broke a bottle of bubbly over it before you got it wet?!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 8:37 am
I'm watching YOU...

Originally Posted by bridie
I hope you broke a bottle of bubbly over it before you got it wet?!
What and waste all that wine!!
Will fill the onboard esky with ice and plenty of beer for our first trip out and toast to the good life

Sam
Old Apr 20th 2007, 12:32 pm
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by bal56
No, no ceremony lined up as yet. Paul's investigated more (I see him most mornings when walking the dogs), and reckons it's not worth applying until your 2 years is up. I'll have a word with him when I next see him about drinkies - I can always get the train and bus to work and head back via the city.
We know people that booked the interview before the 2 years to be at the two year mark. You still have to wait for the ceremony though. But if you are not worried about leaving I guess there is no rush.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:54 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Once we have got familiar with the boat we will start giving joyrides.
Iain,

I'll hold you to that !

Gina

P.S. Moggie says "thanks" for the address. She is now keeping her paws crossed waiting for her import permit to arrive.