Reload this Page >

Glen Waverley q's

Glen Waverley q's

Old Jan 12th 2005, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

getoutofhere is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Glen Waverley q's

Hi!

I have heard Glen Waverley described as "a wind pocket". Anyone know Glen Waverley and know what that means in that location? Presumably windy. But windy all the time, by day, all seasons of the year? At times when it's not elsewhere?

Next Q. Anyone know about Glandal Primary School, or Glen Waverley Secondary School or Highvale Secondary School? Thanks.

Thanks! This is a very active and useful forum.
Old Jan 12th 2005, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Glen Waverley q's

Originally Posted by getoutofhere
Hi!

I have heard Glen Waverley described as "a wind pocket". Anyone know Glen Waverley and know what that means in that location? Presumably windy. But windy all the time, by day, all seasons of the year? At times when it's not elsewhere?

Next Q. Anyone know about Glandal Primary School, or Glen Waverley Secondary School or Highvale Secondary School? Thanks.

Now I might be wrong and this doesn't actually answer your question, but isn't the fantastic series Kath & Kim set in Glen Waverley?

Sandy
Old Jan 12th 2005, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

getoutofhere is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sandy.l
Now I might be wrong and this doesn't actually answer your question, but isn't the fantastic series Kath & Kim set in Glen Waverley?

Sandy
I don't know - but does it appear on UK television - terrestrial or sky? I've been told to look out for it. Anyone got a channel/day/time?
Old Jan 12th 2005, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

I don't know - but does it appear on UK television - terrestrial or sky? I've been told to look out for it. Anyone got a channel/day/time?
I don't think it's showing at the moment but you can get familiar with the series by linking here:

http://www.abc.net.au/kathandkim/

Great fun!

Sandy

ps: hope you get your weather question sorted out!
Old Jan 12th 2005, 11:15 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

It was on Sky regularly before I left the UK last year. I daresay it would still be on there. Unfortunately tho, I cant remember which channel, sorry.

Hels
Old Jan 12th 2005, 11:17 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Hi!

Hi
I sometimes work in Glen Waverley and its not windy, its fairly high up to where i am living but i wouldnt call it a wind pocket at all...
Sorry i cannot give you any info on the schools but have a check on the vic website for schools, good luck
Johanne.
Old Jan 13th 2005, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Re: Kath & Kim

Kath's house is actually in Patterson Lakes... The sitcom is filmed in various locations, the mall is Westfield Southland (Cheltenham) about 40mins from Patterson Lakes and the beach is Black Rocks. Kath & kim is scheduled to be shown on BBC2 in autumn 2005 I think. It was showing on Ftn and LivingTv on Sky. I'm a bit of a saddo fan!!!
Old Jan 13th 2005, 7:00 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pako
Re: Kath & Kim

the mall is Westfield Southland (Cheltenham) about 40mins from Patterson Lakes

I thought someone said it was the Fountain Gate shopping centre???
Old Jan 13th 2005, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

melbournebound is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,
To clarify a point a) it is filmed at both westfield shopping centres fountaingate and southland - a lot is filmed at fountaingate they film all the shots in two days at the shopping centre.

Fountaingate shopping centre is used a lot for tv and film work the 2003/04 film bad eggs uses the shopping centre for the opening two minutes of the film if you watch it closely you will see a radio dj in the centre played by the guy that plays brett in kath and kim
Melbourne bound
Originally Posted by Hels
I thought someone said it was the Fountain Gate shopping centre???
Old Jan 13th 2005, 8:28 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

My cousins Hubby is a tiler for a lot of building companies. He told us heaps of "new builds" to avoid. The proposed one off the monash near (I think its called "The glen") Glen Waverly was one of them because of excessive wind and rain in that area. Thats why the footie grandstand is being knocked down apparently, too boggy to play footie on, perfect for a lovely new housing estate though :scared: (they'll probably fill the wettest bits with water and call it something lakes though!! )
Old Jan 13th 2005, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
My cousins Hubby is a tiler for a lot of building companies. He told us heaps of "new builds" to avoid. The proposed one off the monash near (I think its called "The glen") Glen Waverly was one of them because of excessive wind and rain in that area. Thats why the footie grandstand is being knocked down apparently, too boggy to play footie on, perfect for a lovely new housing estate though :scared: (they'll probably fill the wettest bits with water and call it something lakes though!! )
There's Glen Waverley (end of the railway line) and Mount Waverley, nearer the CBD with Syndal in between. 30 or 40 years ago the VFL (now AFL) decided to build a new stadium called Waverley Park in that area. The ground was not popular because of transport problems and often it was windy and wet. The decision was made in the late 90's to dismantle part of the ground and build a lot of houses there. Mirvac (who also did Beacon Cove and some of Docklands and Southbank) are the builders there:

http://www.mirvac.com.au/forsale/VIC/waverley_park/

So yeah, the area generally has a reputation as being wetter and windier.

OzTennis