Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

To Give Or Not To Give? (my Notice)

To Give Or Not To Give? (my Notice)

Old May 6th 2007, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

JIMJAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To Give Or Not To Give? (my Notice)

Have a little dilemma and would appreciate any advice from those in the know! I received an e-mail the other day requesting the money for our capital investment bond, so it seems our application is well on the way.

Does it mean we are guaranteed to get the visa now that they've asked for money - in which case I can give my notice at work (the headteacher needs to know by the end of May) - or should I wait until the visa is in my passport before giving my notice (which would mean returning to school after the summer holidays and working up to the end of October)?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Old May 6th 2007, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Here comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really niceHere comes the sun is just really nice
Default Re: To Give Or Not To Give? (my Notice)

Not too sure! but if your working its extra money unless you dont need it, i personally would wait until i had the visa in my hand or letter stating as much!
Old May 6th 2007, 3:09 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I'd hand in my notice. If your meds are processed, PCC's are there and the last bit is the investment you should get it.

I'd obviously wait until 31st May to actually give it to the HT, by now another 3 weeks wouldn't help them much (I'm a teacher too).

Good luck! x
Old May 6th 2007, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ws99
Personally I'd hand in my notice. If your meds are processed, PCC's are there and the last bit is the investment you should get it.

I'd obviously wait until 31st May to actually give it to the HT, by now another 3 weeks wouldn't help them much (I'm a teacher too).

Good luck! x
I agree, I would hand in my notice too at the end of May as ws99 has said. Your as good as there mate.

Good Luck.
Old May 6th 2007, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

dade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nicedade is just really nice

We got the decision about 2 weeks after lodging our capital bond so not long to go for you.

Technically you don't have the visa till they write to you saying so. My advice is wait until you have it, not long to go.

Sani
Old May 6th 2007, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

I would agree wait another couple of weeks.
Definitely try and wait until you have the visa and hopefully it will be by the
31st May.

We are in similar position (awaiting final bit of temp visa), but not putting any notice in until the visa is completely finalized. Dont want to be jobless if something unexpected crops up!

Im sure its fine, but I would wait until end of May and confirmation of visa.

GEMS
Old May 6th 2007, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gems
I would agree wait another couple of weeks.
Definitely try and wait until you have the visa and hopefully it will be by the
31st May.

We are in similar position (awaiting final bit of temp visa), but not putting any notice in until the visa is completely finalized. Dont want to be jobless if something unexpected crops up!

Im sure its fine, but I would wait until end of May and confirmation of visa.

GEMS
surely you can withdraw notice after its in??? that way nothing to lose.
Old May 6th 2007, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

We are not in the UK, and so different rules apply.

In the past others have said they may leave and their job was advertised the same day! So they had to go whether they got a new job or not!

Its not a UK state school, but private International.

GEMS
Old May 6th 2007, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gems
We are not in the UK, and so different rules apply.

In the past others have said they may leave and their job was advertised the same day! So they had to go whether they got a new job or not!

Its not a UK state school, but private International.

GEMS
Oh I see - thats not good having job advertised the same day.