Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A Girly Girl on Oz

A Girly Girl on Oz

Old Nov 4th 2004, 8:52 pm
Boop Boop De Doop

Betty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud of
Default A Girly Girl on Oz

We are planning to move out to Oz next year I am a very girly-girl (a bit of an Essex bird) and my sister-in-law keeps telling me i won't fit in because of this. She said I will have to completely change my image.
I am hoping that this is a complete misconception on her behalf.

Please tell me she's wrong!!!

Lisa
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:45 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Girly Girl on Oz

She is wrong.

I'm a bit "off-beat" when it comes to style but I am most definately a girly-girl.

If I can pull off 1950's June Cleaver dresses with a cardigan (and I'm not ostricized or shunned ) you'll be fine.

I say march to your own drummer... sharing is a drag and UNoriginal. Be yourself and you'll be right!

Siren
Old Nov 4th 2004, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of
Smile Re: A Girly Girl on Oz

Nothing wrong with (essex people ) I trained at a hospital there and they were very good to the hospitals at Xmas times donating lots of stuff for the patients so dont worry you will be OK love ireland
Old Nov 4th 2004, 11:22 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Betty Boop
We are planning to move out to Oz next year I am a very girly-girl (a bit of an Essex bird) and my sister-in-law keeps telling me i won't fit in because of this. She said I will have to completely change my image.

Lisa

I think the thing here, well in Brisbane/QLD anyway, is its so hot for 90% of the year, it can be a bit of a drag being 'girlie' sometimes. The humidity makes your hair frizz, your make-up run and you can see sweat marks on tight clothes!! (nice hey ) So there is a 'girlie' image here, but its just slightly different from the UK version. You wont have to completely change your image, perhaps just modify it to fit in with the climate
Old Nov 5th 2004, 11:52 am
Boop Boop De Doop

Betty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud ofBetty Boop has much to be proud of

Thank you all so much for that - one less thing to worry about. I can do modified but not a total change

Glad you got a good impression of Essex, Ireland - it is a nice place, with nice people - despite what the media portrays .I am proud to be an Essex Girl

Lisaxx
Old Nov 5th 2004, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Hiya Yes I will certainly always defend the people of East London/Essex especially all those around Oldchurch Hospital and Romford they are good folk like I said they are very good to the hospitals there.love ireland the Aussies will love you, you will be ok down under
Old Nov 5th 2004, 1:12 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Lisa
Do you get girly girls in Essex? I thought they were all called Sharon and Tracey? Do you get a kebab in Oz? Maybe this is a better question.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 1:14 pm
Boop Boop De Doop

Ireland
Thanks for that - you are an angel
I work at Basildon Hospital but have had some contact with Oldchurch - a nice working environment

Will send you some Karma for being so nice

Lisa

Last edited by Betty Boop; Nov 5th 2004 at 1:16 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 1:18 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Ireland
Thanks for that - you are an angel
I work at Basildon Hospital but have had some contact with Oldchurch - a nice working environment

Will send you some Karma for being so nice

Lisa
Guess you are new to forums. It was a joke. No offence intended. Is your name Sharon or Tracey?
Old Nov 5th 2004, 1:18 pm
Boop Boop De Doop

I think Essex girls were the original girly girls. No Sharon and Tracy's I'm afraid not in my area anyway

Lisa
Old Nov 5th 2004, 1:21 pm
Boop Boop De Doop

Jockstar no offence taken. Previouis message meant for Ireland - I wasn't being sarcastic

Lisa
Old Nov 5th 2004, 1:25 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar no offence taken. Previouis message meant for Ireland - I wasn't being sarcastic

Lisa
No worries. Dont worry about Oz. You'll be alright. and trust me i know there is many girly girls in Oz.. Also many too many people who love themselves too much.
Old Nov 5th 2004, 1:32 pm
Boop Boop De Doop

Thumbs up Re: A Girly Girl on Oz

Originally Posted by Jockstar
No worries. Dont worry about Oz. You'll be alright. and trust me i know there is many girly girls in Oz.. Also many too many people who love themselves too much.

Thanks. I'm sure I'll be fine.

Lisa
Old Nov 5th 2004, 5:16 pm
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Lisa
Hi, Lisa, I am also an Essex bird originally from East London now in Hornchurch, me and my family visited Brisbane Oz in June/July this year and
I have to say that beforehand I had the impression that they were a good
bit behind us in fashions etc, but I thought that the stuff in the shops was
the same ass the stuff back home. If you want to be more casual you can
be but you can dress exactly how you like just, like here. I for one am not
planning on dressing all frumpy if and when we get there !!!

Bye for now,

Tracey (maybe the name won`t be so common out there !)
Old Nov 5th 2004, 8:11 pm
Boop Boop De Doop

Smile Re: A Girly Girl on Oz

Originally Posted by Hilton`s
Hi, Lisa, I am also an Essex bird originally from East London now in Hornchurch, me and my family visited Brisbane Oz in June/July this year and
I have to say that beforehand I had the impression that they were a good
bit behind us in fashions etc, but I thought that the stuff in the shops was
the same ass the stuff back home. If you want to be more casual you can
be but you can dress exactly how you like just, like here. I for one am not
planning on dressing all frumpy if and when we get there !!!

Bye for now,

Tracey (maybe the name won`t be so common out there !)

Thanks Tracey - really good news
We are also planning to go to Brisbane so perhaps we could start an Essex trend!

Lisax