Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Rochedale school in Brisbane

Rochedale school in Brisbane

Old Nov 5th 2004, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future
Default Rochedale school in Brisbane

heading to Brisbane Jan 2005 and have had some info on schools sent to me, one that looks good is Rochedale state school in Rochedale Brisbane , was wondering if anybodys kids go there from expats or know of its reputation. any info on this school much appreciated..

Hazel
Old Nov 5th 2004, 8:20 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rochedale school in Brisbane

Hazel, I had a friend whos kids used to go to *one* of the state primary schools in Rochedale a couple of years ago (there are 2, so I will have to check which one it was, I think Rochedale South? ) & her daughter used to come home with headlice every week!! . Now, I know that headlice are a common part of school life & there are no "dirty" connotations from having them, but every week? :scared: She used to have to treat her hair with shampoos & washes & use a nit comb on her constantly. She never got notified from the school that there was a problem.

Before anyone jumps on me - no offense to anyone whos kids have had headlice & no offense to anyone whos kids may go to those schools, its just my experience (or my friends actually) .

Other than that, I really cant help you Hazel, sorry!
Old Nov 5th 2004, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rochedale school in Brisbane

I also have a friend that uses a state primary school in Rochdale, she thought it was a great school but I do remember her having a big problem with head lice, I will email and ask which one. But hey head lice in schools are not what you should pick as school for as Mrs D said.
We had our son in a v good private school and he had head lice all the time.
If you are looking at Private in that area, try John Paul college, lovely school.
KAZ