British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Girlie Coffee Club Lakeside Joondalup (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/girlie-coffee-club-lakeside-joondalup-588825/)

yanchep Feb 2nd 2009 11:22 pm

Girlie Coffee Club Lakeside Joondalup

Hi guys,

We are all meeting up again at the Coffee Club, Lakeside, just by the entrance of the cinema on Weds at 12pm, hope to see you all there and if any newbies are reading this, please come along we are always glad to meet new people. We havent been meeting very long so we are still introducing ourselves to each other and living over here, you are more than welcome. :thumbsup:

DEEDEE01 Feb 3rd 2009 11:20 pm

Re: Girlie Coffee Club Lakeside Joondalup

Originally Posted by yanchep (Post 7241451)
Hi guys,

We are all meeting up again at the Coffee Club, Lakeside, just by the entrance of the cinema on Weds at 12pm, hope to see you all there and if any newbies are reading this, please come along we are always glad to meet new people. We havent been meeting very long so we are still introducing ourselves to each other and living over here, you are more than welcome. :thumbsup:

Hi,

Would love to meet up for chats but we don't arrive till NEXT Wednesday, bummer !

Donna.
x

yanchep Feb 3rd 2009 11:24 pm

Thats ok Donna, as they say here 'no dramas', lol, :rofl:

We meet every Wednesday at the Coffee Club at 12 so you can always come along another weds and meet up, will be nice to meet ya.:thumbup:

DEEDEE01 Feb 3rd 2009 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by yanchep (Post 7245643)
Thats ok Donna, as they say here 'no dramas', lol, :rofl:

We meet every Wednesday at the Coffee Club at 12 so you can always come along another weds and meet up, will be nice to meet ya.:thumbup:

Hi Yanchep,

Thanks, will be in touch when we arrive and have sorted the mountains of things out, would love to meet up for a coffee !! :thumbsup:

D.

yanchep Feb 3rd 2009 11:48 pm

Ok. Good Luck with that, we didnt find it too much hassle sorting everything out this end actually. Pm me if you need any help when you get over here, Ive only been here 5 months myself but if I can help I will.

Whereabouts you gunna be staying, have you got rental sorted. Its exciting stuff, I know at the moment it will be stressful for you and a bit worrying about what your letting yourself infor, but believe me once all thats sorted you will know you have done the right thing.

carolinemaria Feb 4th 2009 12:10 am

Hiya Lo, good idea to give us a new title hun. Sorry can't make it, have got to run around sorting a police check and WWC forms as a matter of urgency and maybe a quick trip to the chocolate factory if things get stressful :rofl:

Will see you next week, have fun.

Cheers Caroline x

DEEDEE01 Feb 4th 2009 10:42 am

Originally Posted by yanchep (Post 7245706)
Ok. Good Luck with that, we didnt find it too much hassle sorting everything out this end actually. Pm me if you need any help when you get over here, Ive only been here 5 months myself but if I can help I will.

Whereabouts you gunna be staying, have you got rental sorted. Its exciting stuff, I know at the moment it will be stressful for you and a bit worrying about what your letting yourself infor, but believe me once all thats sorted you will know you have done the right thing.

Thanks hun.

I will drop you a line when I arrive and we can go from there, if I have any queries, I'll just buzz you :thumbsup:

Thanks again.

Donna.

kdiggers Feb 5th 2009 12:51 am

Originally Posted by yanchep (Post 7241451)
Hi guys,

Hi Lo,

I might come along to your coffee meet ups, is it alright to bring littl'uns along though ! !
Hope your well and enjoying life here in Oz xx

Keely.x

irishfamily Feb 5th 2009 4:34 am

Omg Has everyone left r wee coffee meet up ? onl a few turned up yesterday aww come on people get ur asses into gear lmao:rofl::rofl::rofl:

yanchep Feb 5th 2009 5:35 am

Hey Keely,

I remember you, we were texting each other on the forum before we came over, :eek: how the devil are you :thumbup:

Of course you can bring the little one or uns, (how many have you got and what ages). We are meeting again next weds, so you are more than welcome to come along, would be great to put a face to who I was typing to all that time.

Lo. x

JAMMIE DODGER Feb 5th 2009 6:16 am

can i send wifey? :p;)

yanchep Feb 5th 2009 9:41 am

No send her out to do a job like all proper wifeys should be!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

Dorothy Feb 5th 2009 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by yanchep (Post 7251303)
No send her out to do a job like all proper wifeys should be!!!!! :rofl::rofl:

Just saw this. I may join you next week since I'm off work now for a while.

irishfamily Feb 6th 2009 2:34 am

Hey dorothy it would be nice to put a face to the name lol.:)

yanchep Feb 6th 2009 10:32 am

Hi Dorothy,

It would be great to meet you again, maybe this time I will get to talk to you, didnt get to in Kings Park,

Hope you do make it. :thumbup:

irishfamily Feb 6th 2009 10:33 am

Yanchep u still chewing that wasp lmao.Those pics u sent me in that E-mail were amazing

yanchep Feb 6th 2009 10:54 am

Amazing wernt they. No I aint chewing that wasp :rofl: I just look like that naturally !! lol,

I got some more Chanel 5 perfume today, and hubby said to me 'you smell nice, you smell like a hors handbag :rofl::rofl:,' I aint heard that saying for ages either, me dad used to say that all the time, and I used to say to him 'mmmm and how do you know what a hors handbag smells like' :ohmy::rofl:

sme Feb 8th 2009 5:36 am

Originally Posted by irishfamily (Post 7254956)
Hey dorothy it would be nice to put a face to the name lol.:)

She looks just like her picture ;):rofl:

Hey Dorothy are you no longer at Greylands then? I was up there the other day - was going to call you but, like always, I ran out of time!

Dorothy Feb 8th 2009 5:43 am

Originally Posted by sme (Post 7262173)
She looks just like her picture ;):rofl:

Hey Dorothy are you no longer at Greylands then? I was up there the other day - was going to call you but, like always, I ran out of time!

Hey there!! I finished up on Friday :( I'm really hoping to go back, though. We're organising a little kneecap busting so I can get another contract while the regular secretary is off. JOKING!!!!!

Oh, and I am not a blond, so don't look just like my picture.

irishfamily Feb 8th 2009 5:57 am

Hey dorothy if u need a help in hand with kneecap busting let me know lmao .May as well live up to the northern ireland reputation lmao:rofl::rofl:

sme Feb 8th 2009 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 7262179)
Oh, and I am not a blond, so don't look just like my picture.

Nothing a bottle of bleach can't cure!

aprilr Feb 8th 2009 10:46 am

Hi girls,
Room for two more girls, me and my mate Karen, will come along for coffee and a natter. That's if I am not working!

April x :)

Dorothy Feb 8th 2009 10:59 am

Originally Posted by aprilr (Post 7262652)
Hi girls,
Room for two more girls, me and my mate Karen, will come along for coffee and a natter. That's if I am not working!

April x :)

Can't wait. Let me know if you need a ride. I'm in Clarkson, so will be passing through Kinross on my way.

aprilr Feb 8th 2009 11:53 pm

Dorothy, thanks for the offer of a lift, but we both drive, see you on Wednesday.

yanchep Feb 9th 2009 12:44 am

Hi April and Karen,

Yep plenty of room at the coffee club for anyone that wants to just pop in for a chat, will look forward to meeting you :)

Dorothy you are such a kind person, I look through many threads here and there and you are always there to offer your advice and lifts so people can make the meets :thumbup:

Dorothy Feb 11th 2009 5:45 am

Just wanted to say thanks for organising coffee today. It was great to meet some new people. Looking forward to next week's girlie day out.

irishfamily Feb 11th 2009 5:51 am

Hello dorothy its that person tat can`t help being irish lmao.Are`nt u coming to the outing in paddy malones on wednesday nught ?:)

yanchep Feb 11th 2009 11:39 am

Wow that was a fantastic meet today :thumbsup: great company, and finally got to talk to Dorothy!!! even though it was in IGA! Looking forward to next weds meet at the coffee shop and the evening :blink: there may be trouble ahead :lol:

irishfamily Feb 11th 2009 12:10 pm

And what trouble might that be ? Are we meeting earlier or same time

yanchep Feb 11th 2009 12:48 pm

I reckon we should start meeting at 11am :thumbsup: cos by the time we have all got our selves sorted, moved tables,:ohmy: moved chairs, :ohmy: moved umberellas, :huh: ordered cheesecake, :p ordered iced tea, :)introduced ourselves - it is then time to go :eek: What does everyone else reckon :confused:

Dorothy Feb 11th 2009 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by yanchep (Post 7274555)
I reckon we should start meeting at 11am :thumbsup: cos by the time we have all got our selves sorted, moved tables,:ohmy: moved chairs, :ohmy: moved umberellas, :huh: ordered cheesecake, :p ordered iced tea, :)introduced ourselves - it is then time to go :eek: What does everyone else reckon :confused:

11 is good for me. It's probably easier to get enough tables at that time, too.

BRIGHTONS Feb 11th 2009 9:37 pm

oh i hope your all still meeting when i arrive, sometime later this year i hope?? we plan on settling around the joondalup area. sounds like you have a nice group going on. hope there will be room for another one xx:thumbsup:

yanchep Feb 11th 2009 11:29 pm

Yep theres always room for another one :thumbsup: When are you arriving, have yu got rental sorted, how exciting for you guys. Hopefully we will keep this group going cos there are some great girls that go, mind you there is a pub being built opposite where we meet, so we might have to shifty over to that place in the winter :p:p:rofl::rofl:

Yep Dorothy I declare we will be meeting now at 11 at the coffee club, people can then pop in as and when from 11 to 2.x

yanchep Feb 11th 2009 11:36 pm

Hi girls,

Just to let the people that couldnt make the coffee club this week that not only are we meeting again next weds at the coffee club cafe at 11am but that a group of us are going out that evening as well into Joondalup. :thumbsup:

The plan so far is to go for something to eat at Kulture about 6pm, then have a couple of drinks in the Tavern pub, the Old Bailey and then onto Paddy Malones where there is going to be Irish Music.:eek:

Everybody is welcome and can join us at anytime during the evening, some are meeting for the meal and some are joining us later in the evening, I reckon its going to be a great midweek chill out night.:p

If anyone wants my number just pm me.

irishfamily Feb 12th 2009 1:07 am

Can i go lmao
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dorothy Feb 12th 2009 5:08 am

Originally Posted by irishfamily (Post 7276791)
Can i go lmao
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

No. No Irish allowed.

aprilr Feb 12th 2009 8:43 am

Hi girl's was lovely to meet you all, 11 am is a better time for me has I have to be at work for 2 next week, then 2.30 after that, we will have to move our chairs about so we can chat to difference people each week, how does that sound? listen to me I ve only been twice and I am rearranging everyone, not sure if I can meet at the night would love to, but hopefully hubby will start a new job then (fingers crossed) but it will be nights, so cant get a sitter, has I do like a little drinky and a pint of Guinness. see you all next week.xx :thumbsup:

yanchep Feb 12th 2009 10:41 am

Ha, I agree with Dorothy :p :pbloody foreigners, cant understand what they are saying anyway :rofl::rofl:

Thats ok April you carry on and organise whatever you want my girl just so long as you keep coming :) Shame that you cant come on weds eve though, you got a get a sitter organised cos I got a feeling we might be doing a few wed night things :eek:

BRIGHTONS Feb 12th 2009 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by yanchep (Post 7276602)
Yep theres always room for another one :thumbsup: When are you arriving, have yu got rental sorted, how exciting for you guys. Hopefully we will keep this group going cos there are some great girls that go, mind you there is a pub being built opposite where we meet, so we might have to shifty over to that place in the winter :p:p:rofl::rofl:

Yep Dorothy I declare we will be meeting now at 11 at the coffee club, people can then pop in as and when from 11 to 2.x

no plans as yet, waiting for co, then will start to sort things so a little while longer. i do worry about leaving friends behind so ways of making new ones play heavily on my mind. i will watch this thread from now till i arrive though as seems a great way to meet people.

yanchep Feb 12th 2009 1:25 pm

Dont worry about making new friends, cos there are plenty of meets around.

We meet on a wed, Joondalup but theres also;
Mindarie meet on a Thurs (I think thats the right day)
Hillarys meet on a Tue (or I could have the mindarie and hillary days mixed up):confused:
There is Kings Park meets
There is Neil Hawkins meets

There are always plenty of meets available to make new friends and find out things. You can always post that you are new to the area and does anyone fancy a meet up (thats how I started the coffee club meet), lots of people are in the same boat as you when they first come over and would love to meet someone for a coffee and chat, so dont go worrying over that :thumbsup:

Hope all goes well for you.

Lo. x