British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Girlie Coffee Club Lakeside Joondalup (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/girlie-coffee-club-lakeside-joondalup-588825/)

Dorothy Feb 16th 2009 11:04 pm

Re: Girlie Coffee Club Lakeside Joondalup

Just wanted to remind everyone we're meeting at 11 onwards tomorrow. Same place - Coffee Club at Lakeside Joondalup, just outside the cinema entrance.

Don't be shy...Everyone is welcome and we love newcomers.

yanchep Feb 16th 2009 11:59 pm

Hi Dorothy,

You coming weds night for the meal and the drinks :thumbsup: or just the drinks even ;) I have to book it sometime today so need numbers of everyone that is coming. If anyone else is reading this could you let me know if you want to come to the meal so I know numbers to book.

See you all weds, be it day or night or both :eek:

Lo. x

Dorothy Feb 17th 2009 12:16 am

Originally Posted by yanchep (Post 7291959)
Hi Dorothy,

You coming weds night for the meal and the drinks :thumbsup: or just the drinks even ;) I have to book it sometime today so need numbers of everyone that is coming. If anyone else is reading this could you let me know if you want to come to the meal so I know numbers to book.

See you all weds, be it day or night or both :eek:

Lo. x

We have a 'thing' on Wednesday from 6:30-7:30 in Butler. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it this week for drinks. Kind of think I've penciled us in to meet up with another couple who are building in the next street after the neighbourhood meeting. I will be there for coffee/lunch tomorrow, though.

yanchep Feb 17th 2009 12:35 am

Ok great, see you at coffee club. Have a great day.:thumbsup:

indalo Feb 22nd 2009 11:29 pm

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask whether you were all meeting again this wed at 11, and is it ok if I join you???? (I've not been to any of these meets before so please be gentle! :o :o)

Louise :)

Dorothy Feb 23rd 2009 12:33 am

Originally Posted by indalo (Post 7311770)
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask whether you were all meeting again this wed at 11, and is it ok if I join you???? (I've not been to any of these meets before so please be gentle! :o :o)

Yup. We'll be there at 11. Newcomers always welcome.

irishfamily Feb 23rd 2009 3:28 am

indalo we r always gentle but don`t sit beside dorothy is u have a strong accent lmao lmao:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dorothy Feb 23rd 2009 3:30 am

Originally Posted by irishfamily (Post 7312255)
indalo we r always gentle but don`t sit beside dorothy is u have a strong accent lmao lmao:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now that's not nice. I love your accent. That is when I can understand what the bloody hell you're talking about.

irishfamily Feb 23rd 2009 3:33 am

now u have to study the phrases i gave u .Then there will be no stopping us stay with me and people will be asking u what ur saying and r u from belfast lmao:rofl:

Sharie Feb 23rd 2009 9:53 pm

Hi there,
Is there room for one more tomorrow at the Coffee Club meet ?
Cheers S x

Dorothy Feb 23rd 2009 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Sharie (Post 7315597)
Hi there,
Is there room for one more tomorrow at the Coffee Club meet ?
Cheers S x

Absolutely! See you there.

margy Feb 24th 2009 6:27 am

I'm going to give myself a kick up the backside and try and get there instead of moping around feeling sorry for myself.

Where is the nearest parking? Is the cafe actually called the Coffee Club?

Thanks, hope to see you there.

M

Dorothy Feb 24th 2009 7:12 am

Originally Posted by margy (Post 7316807)
I'm going to give myself a kick up the backside and try and get there instead of moping around feeling sorry for myself.

Where is the nearest parking? Is the cafe actually called the Coffee Club?

Thanks, hope to see you there.

M

I found that parking in the new parking garage and walking through the mall is the easiest. It's actually outside by the cinemas and is called the Coffee Club. It's right next to a little pizza place. Look for the food court and the City Beach shop and go out the door beside City Beach. You'll see the coffee shop on your left. We usually sit outside.

carolinemaria Feb 24th 2009 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by indalo (Post 7311770)
Hi everyone,

Hi Louise, get yourself down there. It's a fab meet and everyones friendly. Look forward to seeing you.

Caroline x

margy Feb 26th 2009 6:31 am

Hi,

just wanted to say it was nice to meet everyone yesterday. I'm sure knowing me I won't remember any names but I'll recognise faces (must be my age).

Hope to see you there again next week, providing I haven't been offered a fantastic job that is!

Thanks again.

M

Jambo90210 Mar 3rd 2009 6:07 am

The Wife works on Wed & Thurs, and see Both Hillary's and Joondalup meet up's are on either Wed or Thurs...

Are there any other meetings up here not on a Wed or Thurs??

Thanks

Jamie

yanchep Mar 3rd 2009 6:25 am

Yep there is a girlie meet at the coffee shop in Mindarie, great bunch of girls there to. They also meet at 12. The girls from there though are mainly from the forum Poms in Perth, but some are from British Expats, Give it a go :thumbsup:

yanchep Mar 3rd 2009 6:28 am

Sorry girls just to let you know I wont be able to make it again tomorrow
:( (Weds) as Im going to Cottesloe Beach with my daughter who leaves early on Thurs morning, :( so spending last few days and every minute I can with her.

Have a great day though and a nice cuppa for me ;) and maybe some of that lush cake they do there to. ;)

Lo. x

Dorothy Mar 3rd 2009 6:42 am

Originally Posted by Jambo90210 (Post 7339898)
The Wife works on Wed & Thurs, and see Both Hillary's and Joondalup meet up's are on either Wed or Thurs...

Are there any other meetings up here not on a Wed or Thurs??

Thanks

Jamie

I've been to The Boat twice on a Tuesday in the past couple of weeks and not seen any of the ladies there. I'm not working at present, so happy to meet up for a coffee with your wife if she wants to send me a quick note. Once you have posted a few more times you will be able to use the private message system and she can drop me a line.

irishfamily Mar 3rd 2009 9:37 am

Hey everyone i won`t be at the coffee club tomorrow either sorry .But see ua ll next week :)

yanchep Mar 3rd 2009 11:47 am

They dont meet at the Boat Pub they meet at the coffee shop next door to it. But saying that, I have just been to the Boat Pub tonight and noticed that the coffee shop next door has closed down and is being taken over by another Italian coffee shop, if you do a post on Poms in Perth Im sure one of the girls will let you know when and where they meet now. :thumbsup:

Dorothy Mar 3rd 2009 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by irishfamily (Post 7340379)
Hey everyone i won`t be at the coffee club tomorrow either sorry .But see ua ll next week :)

Now who am I supposed to take the pee out of then?

northernbird Mar 4th 2009 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy (Post 7340889)
Now who am I supposed to take the pee out of then?

Will I do?

yanchep Mar 4th 2009 6:57 am

:rofl::rofl:

irishfamily Mar 5th 2009 2:40 am

Now dorothy thats not nice .Should`nt u be showing example that BE is a nice friendly helpful place that does`nt take the PEE out of people :rofl::rofl::rofl:.Did she take the pee out of u today northernbird lol

Dorothy Mar 5th 2009 4:22 am

Originally Posted by irishfamily (Post 7346660)
Now dorothy thats not nice .Should`nt u be showing example that BE is a nice friendly helpful place that does`nt take the PEE out of people :rofl::rofl::rofl:.Did she take the pee out of u today northernbird lol

No. I was a perfect lady and only made one sheep shagging joke. I was my usual demure self.

irishfamily Mar 5th 2009 4:27 am

who is the:confused: sheep shagger ???

Dorothy Mar 5th 2009 4:31 am

Originally Posted by irishfamily (Post 7346885)
who is the:confused: sheep shagger ???

Margy's next door neighbour.

margy Mar 5th 2009 6:45 am

That's right! Thought he was fattening it up for Christmas but the damn things still here, so maybe he's fattening it up for Easter???

Come to think of it he's is a man without a wife...ahem, but I think his grown up daughter and grandkids live with him.

M

irishfamily Mar 7th 2009 5:10 am

Afew of us r meeting on monday at paddy malones 4 Brunch/lunch does anyone else wanna meet us . let me know.:):):)

Littleuns Mar 7th 2009 10:31 am

Originally Posted by irishfamily (Post 7353424)
Afew of us r meeting on monday at paddy malones 4 Brunch/lunch does anyone else wanna meet us . let me know.:):):)

Yeah I fancy abit of lunch what time? Derry:thumbup:

irishfamily Mar 7th 2009 11:06 am

we r meeting up around 11.30 ill pm u my number .derry

irishfamily Mar 8th 2009 4:34 am

a few people r ill at the moment so won`t be able to make it so we will leave it till next week maybe ??

irishfamily Mar 8th 2009 12:27 pm

There is still a few meeting up tomorrow at paddy malones .And i`ve been talked into going so c use all there 2 morrow

yanchep Mar 8th 2009 12:31 pm

:rofl: And who would that be thats talked you into it then???:p

Yep we are still on for Paddy Malones 11.30 onwards, Ladies who Brunch :p:D

Lo.x

Dorothy Mar 8th 2009 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by yanchep (Post 7356715)
:rofl: And who would that be thats talked you into it then???:p

Yep we are still on for Paddy Malones 11.30 onwards, Ladies who Brunch :p:D

Lo.x

I'll be in Joondalup buying fabric for a quilting class so will pop in.

yanchep Mar 8th 2009 1:02 pm

Great, see ya there then :D

kadleigh Mar 9th 2009 1:03 pm

Hi there my name is kim and my family and i have been here for 4 months now i have a boy aged 14 and a girl 11 my husband and i are starting to forgat why we came here for we really need to meet other familys all we have done since we got here is work and get settled in which we are still doing its starting to get hard for us because we dont get any social time and it would be nice to have some time out tomeet new people plus to talk to others that are maybe in the same boat i notice that you have a get togerther on a wed if you do not mind i would like to come along and meet some of you if this is ok could you send me time and place
hope to hear from you soon and even better to meet you all

thanks kim:):)

Dorothy Mar 9th 2009 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by kadleigh (Post 7359792)
Hi there my name is kim and my family and i have been here for 4 months now i have a boy aged 14 and a girl 11 my husband and i are starting to forgat why we came here for we really need to meet other familys all we have done since we got here is work and get settled in which we are still doing its starting to get hard for us because we dont get any social time and it would be nice to have some time out tomeet new people plus to talk to others that are maybe in the same boat i notice that you have a get togerther on a wed if you do not mind i would like to come along and meet some of you if this is ok could you send me time and place
hope to hear from you soon and even better to meet you all

thanks kim:):)

Hi, Kim. We would love for you to come out on Wednesday. We meet at the Coffee Club at Joondalup shopping centre. It's just outside the doors where City Beach is (at the bottom of the escalators at the food court) near the entrance to the cinema.

You'll recognise us by all the women with the accents. There are 2 of us who will be late this week, probably be there by 12, but others should be there around 11ish.

Looking forward to meeting you.

yanchep Mar 9th 2009 3:10 pm

Enjoyed our brunch today at Paddys with you girls. :D Eventually got to meet ya Night Nurse, hopefully we will meet again.

Will try and get to the Coffee Club meet up on wednesday for another cuppa and gossip :rofl: