Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

This is giong to be a long shot but...

This is giong to be a long shot but...

Old Oct 25th 2005, 4:01 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default This is giong to be a long shot but...

...does anyone here own/use a Brandt Kleenmaid dishwasher?

We have one installed in our new rental that we're moving to tomorrow, but the landlord does not appear to have left an instruction manual at the property and we can't work out how to use it. We haven't asked the agents yet because we only found out we didn't know what to do with it after business hours today.

The exact problem is that we aren't sure where to stick the detergent or whether we can use dishwashing tablets or have to use dishwashing liquid. There is a small, circular recess on the door - presumably for salt - and another reservoir that pulls out located centrally under the upper basket, and this has a bottle symbol on it. What is supposed to go in it is anyone's guess.

If anyone has this make/model, or knows how to use the damned thing, can you tell me please? We'll try the agents in the morning but I'm not sure that's going to be any help. Our landlord is apparently uncontactable at present... Please supply a graphic answer!! Dh and I have very little experience of dishwashers!

Sue
Old Oct 25th 2005, 4:12 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: This is giong to be a long shot but...

http://www.kleenmaid.com.au/contact.asp

http://www.kleenmaid.com.au/faq-body.asp

Check this out and they'll send you a manual.

They're located here....Maroochydore BC Qld

Cheers

Rich
Old Oct 25th 2005, 4:17 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Where's your sense of adventure just get a small bottle of Fairy Liquid, leave the top off and pop it in with the dishes, what's the worst that could happen :scared:

By the way how are the pets doing now? Out of quarantine I assume
Old Oct 25th 2005, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by rossifumi
http://www.kleenmaid.com.au/contact.asp

http://www.kleenmaid.com.au/faq-body.asp

Check this out and they'll send you a manual.

They're located here....Maroochydore BC Qld

Cheers

Rich
Thanks, Rich. Dh googled for the Brandt brand ( ) earlier but didn't get anywhere. I'll check the links now.

Sue
Old Oct 25th 2005, 4:22 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Thanks, Rich. Dh googled for the Brandt brand ( ) earlier but didn't get anywhere. I'll check the links now.

Sue
No probs.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
Where's your sense of adventure
Worn a bit thin of late, Paul - too much time spent stressing over rentals... It's been a long haul one way and another.

just get a small bottle of Fairy Liquid, leave the top off and pop it in with the dishes, what's the worst that could happen
The mind boggles....

By the way how are the pets doing now? Out of quarantine I assume
Yes, the poor buggers came out of quarantine and went straight into another boarding kennel. We fully expected to find a rental without too much hassle but it was a nightmare - when we said the word *pets*, the agents switched off. Still, we're sorted now. We collect them on Saturday!!! Mind - had a scare today. We went to sign our lease and got to the *pets* page only to find they had stipulated that they must be outdoor pets. My heart sank. We pointed out that we'd cleared it with the landlord, and the agent went off to phone him to confirm, but couldn't get through. So he had words with the property manager and came back with a thumbs up. He passed on a message from the property manager - "make sure the dog's in the garden when I come to inspect, and I won't know differently".

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Sue
Old Oct 25th 2005, 4:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Found this - don't know if it's of any use

http://www.cookpower.com/PDF/AX545XDWasher.pdf
Old Oct 25th 2005, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Found this - don't know if it's of any use

http://www.cookpower.com/PDF/AX545XDWasher.pdf
Magic - you're a star, Moneypen!! Many thanks.

Sue
Old Oct 25th 2005, 4:54 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Magic - you're a star, Moneypen!! Many thanks.

Sue
Only spent the time looking because the girls were nagging me to get off the computer because they want to go on MSN. Sod half term My computer, so there