Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting uk TV to work in Aus?

Getting uk TV to work in Aus?

Old Jun 30th 2006, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

jacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud ofjacknscoob has much to be proud of
Default Getting uk TV to work in Aus?

Hi
We have a UK TV. We have tried attaching it to a video, but still not working. Then bought a digi box but picture distorted and delayed.
Any ideas how we can make it work.
Aussie Big Bro is on tonight!!!
Help
The Spinkways x
Old Jun 30th 2006, 8:49 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting uk TV to work in Aus?

Originally Posted by jacknscoob
Hi
We have a UK TV. We have tried attaching it to a video, but still not working. Then bought a digi box but picture distorted and delayed.
Help
The Spinkways x
Is it an aussie video? or a UK Video... itneeds to be an aussie video

what tV is it?

When connecting from Video to TV are you using an 'aerial' cable or ascart or AV cable?
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Guitarfish is a jewel in the roughGuitarfish is a jewel in the roughGuitarfish is a jewel in the roughGuitarfish is a jewel in the rough

Bump. I've just been trying to search for the answer to this myself but you can't search for 'tv' (too short) so wasn't getting far .

We're just trying to decide whether to ship 'the box' or not. As I understand it, analogue TV (like ours) won't work at all, but I was wondering if it could be used with an Aussie set-top box?

Any info appreciated...

Chris
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:42 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guitarfish
Bump. I've just been trying to search for the answer to this myself but you can't search for 'tv' (too short) so wasn't getting far .

We're just trying to decide whether to ship 'the box' or not. As I understand it, analogue TV (like ours) won't work at all, but I was wondering if it could be used with an Aussie set-top box?

Any info appreciated...

Chris
Analogue or Digital makes no difference. Its the sound that is the problem not the picture. Do a search for PAL is that big enough?

An australian VCR or Set Top Box for 50$AU converts the sound instead of the TV having to, then the sound gets pumped to the TV using a Scart Cable or AV cables instead of a phono-aerial socket. And it works.

You may also have options on your tuning menu on your TV mentioning either PAL or the Letters I/B/G, either of these things will allow the TV to work without the settop box or VCR.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

Pheobe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Help
The Spinkways x
Hi there
We have a UK TV too. To get TV to play I connected the aerial to an Australian video player, tuned in the video to the various stations. Then you connect TV to video player and select AV/TV on your tele remote and you should get both picture and sound OK.
Hope this helps.
Old Jun 30th 2006, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

extrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really niceextrameant is just really nice

Hi
Help
The Spinkways x
make sure you are not connecting into the tv via the aerial socket. You need to go in through AV connector (either scart or Phono/rca)