Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting stressed. Nothing is going as planned!

Getting stressed. Nothing is going as planned!

Old Dec 29th 2005, 12:21 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Getting stressed. Nothing is going as planned!

Same old,same old, house isn't selling just like everyone else's.

Now we have heard that both of our dogs have had a positive result back on the Lepto blood test. I have rung Golden Arrow who tell me that this keeps on happening and perhaps they changed the make up of the vaccine quite a while back. All that is great but Australia will not accept the dogs with a positive result. If we have to cancel their flight in 2 weeks time then we will have a 3 month wait before we can get the dogs booked into Perth quarantine station as they are so booked up. We need to validate our visas by the end of April and don't really want to have to fork out on flights out there just to come back again. When we go we want it to be for good.

I am now getting REALLY STRESSED.

Getting the visa was the easy part
Old Dec 29th 2005, 12:22 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting stressed. Nothing is going as planned!

calm doon pal
she'll be right
Old Dec 29th 2005, 12:24 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry

Now we have heard that both of our dogs have had a positive result back on the Lepto blood test. I have rung Golden Arrow who tell me that this keeps on happening and perhaps they changed the make up of the vaccine quite a while back. All that is great but Australia will not accept the dogs with a positive result. If we have to cancel their flight in 2 weeks time then we will have a 3 month wait before we can get the dogs booked into Perth quarantine station as they are so booked up. We need to validate our visas by the end of April and don't really want to have to fork out on flights out there just to come back again. When we go we want it to be for good.

Might be worth having a chat with your Vet with regards to your dogs vaccine status. Got to be worth a try.

Do Australia refuse the dogs entry or is there a chance they could stay in Aussie quarantine?

I suppose as long as you validate in good time, that is something.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Flight prices come down in mid Feb

I've just looked at them as I may have to 'pop over' for a couple of days soon and they are quoting me £900 And that's not even sitting in the posh seats! Only cost us £1000 for 2 tickets when we were over in June.

Oh - and back to topic : Hope you can get it sorted. Have the pet company any info on what other owners have done?
Old Dec 29th 2005, 12:35 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

oh bloody hell mate its just shit isnt it

wish i could say something positive but nothing springs to mind!!

we are bloody skint. we need to sort house out before jed's british gas contract runs our in march. oh fekk.

anyone lend me a fiver ??
Old Dec 29th 2005, 12:39 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

How long ago did your dogs have the Lepto booster ?
Old Dec 29th 2005, 1:02 pm
MOM
Forum Regular

MOM will become famous soon enough

Hang in there!
Have a drink and a long bath...

xs
Old Dec 29th 2005, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by sel
How long ago did your dogs have the Lepto booster ?
18 months ago. We made sure they didn't have it with their other boosters in August. The shippers say that this is happening more and more and have had 4 lots of positive results back in the last 2 days.

They definitely will not accept them in Oz with a positive result. The shippers have been kennelling a dog for over 2 months because it cannot fly with a positive result and the owners were all set to go.

On the plus side, the last of our Christmas visiting relatives has just left I know that might sound a bit mean but ours is not the biggest house in the world and I have been trying to keep it nice - just in case
Old Dec 29th 2005, 2:02 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody nora !!!! 18 months I missed out the Lepto from my mutts boosters back in September and WAS confident that all will be well when his bloods are required ... hopefully all should be ok still by the time our house sells.

Hope it all works out ok for you !!! please let me know the outcome.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 2:19 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't k you as given out too much, just wanted to send a hug x
Old Dec 29th 2005, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Getting stressed. Nothing is going as planned!

hey anne

re lepto tests........

Dogs must be tested for Leptospira canicola by a microscopic agglutination test within 30 days of export.

Dogs that record a negative result (less than 50% agglutination at a serum dilution of 1:100) are eligible for import.

Dogs that record a positive result of not more than 1:400 must be re-tested 14 days or more after the first test. The second test must not show an increase in titre above the first test.

Dogs that record a result of over 1:400 are ineligible for import.

as long as your dogs results were less that 1:400 then they can be retested in 2 weeks and if this test shows the same or a lower level then there should be no problem (barring a slight delay in transport)

if it's over 1:400 then you've got a bit more of a problem.

my dogs were tested yesterday......... fingers crossed
Old Dec 29th 2005, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by YoSemite
hey anne

re lepto tests........

Dogs must be tested for Leptospira canicola by a microscopic agglutination test within 30 days of export.

Dogs that record a negative result (less than 50% agglutination at a serum dilution of 1:100) are eligible for import.

Dogs that record a positive result of not more than 1:400 must be re-tested 14 days or more after the first test. The second test must not show an increase in titre above the first test.

Dogs that record a result of over 1:400 are ineligible for import.

as long as your dogs results were less that 1:400 then they can be retested in 2 weeks and if this test shows the same or a lower level then there should be no problem (barring a slight delay in transport)

if it's over 1:400 then you've got a bit more of a problem.

my dogs were tested yesterday......... fingers crossed
Can you tell me where you got your information from so that I can quote it to the shippers. One of my dogs was a 1 in 400 the other was a 1 in 100. So, if what you are telling me is correct, I could have them tested again and so long as they have not gone any higher then they should be able to travel?
Old Dec 29th 2005, 4:39 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck getting this all sorted , and your right it does feel like the visa was the easy part :scared:
Old Dec 29th 2005, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Good luck getting this all sorted , and your right it does feel like the visa was the easy part :scared:
I think Yosemite could have answered all my dreams Can't wait for tomorrow to get here now so that I can speak to the vet and the dog shipper. Keep fingers crossed.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 8:35 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Yosemite could have answered all my dreams Can't wait for tomorrow to get here now so that I can speak to the vet and the dog shipper. Keep fingers crossed.

i got em crossed mate i got em crossed!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.