Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting new rego while in another state?

Getting new rego while in another state?

Old Aug 20th 2004, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Getting new rego while in another state?

Can someone tell me i have emailed vic roads a few times and i never get a reply, i could phone them and maybe will have to soon if they dont get back to me asap but what i need to know is i purchased a car there in victoria and i am over in perth now traveling and working and will be when my rego is due.

I am wondering does vic roads have rego for say like 6 months as well as 12 months as i am hearing its only 12 months as i will be here less than 6 months i dont want to waste more money than i have to, do i have the choice?

Also can it be done online any help from you people out there would be cool i dont get much time to go online to read up about it so would be greatfull of some answers please
Old Aug 20th 2004, 10:02 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Getting new rego while in another state?

Originally Posted by brian.w
Can someone tell me i have emailed vic roads a few times and i never get a reply, i could phone them and maybe will have to soon if they dont get back to me asap but what i need to know is i purchased a car there in victoria and i am over in perth now traveling and working and will be when my rego is due.

I am wondering does vic roads have rego for say like 6 months as well as 12 months as i am hearing its only 12 months as i will be here less than 6 months i dont want to waste more money than i have to, do i have the choice?

Also can it be done online any help from you people out there would be cool i dont get much time to go online to read up about it so would be greatfull of some answers please
12 months only as per : http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/...+%26+Services]

You can renew by phone or online (but online seems a pain to me, as I am trying to work it out now)
"There is no requirement for the label to be receipted. Where registration is paid by telephone or internet it is advised that you record the receipt number on the label. "

Old Aug 21st 2004, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
12 months only as per : http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/...+%26+Services]

You can renew by phone or online (but online seems a pain to me, as I am trying to work it out now)
"There is no requirement for the label to be receipted. Where registration is paid by telephone or internet it is advised that you record the receipt number on the label. "
what would the cost be for that 12 months cant seem to find it,or does it depend on the type of car you have its a 86 ford laser.
Old Aug 21st 2004, 9:00 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by brian.w
what would the cost be for that 12 months cant seem to find it,or does it depend on the type of car you have its a 86 ford laser.
I just checked the website but the relevant page gets a 404 page error, i've let them know about it, but it seems you may need to phone them to check.

Old Aug 21st 2004, 11:48 am

saraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of lightsaraliz is a glorious beacon of light

Brian, I was told that in WA, at least, if you buy 12 months rego but then scrap your car you can get a refund for any time left on it (you must return the rego sticker to them). Perhaps it's the same in VIC? Otherwise, if you're planning on selling your car, having an extra few months rego on it will help a lot in the sale.