Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting married on the gold coast!!!

Getting married on the gold coast!!!

Old May 10th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light
Default Getting married on the gold coast!!!

Hi everyone! Looks like I might be taking the plunge on the gold coast. Its on a bit of a whim - lets just do it phase at the moment.

Has anyone got married there? I've found a wedding coordinator there and they've mentioned 2 beaches - One is a small sandy inlet located at Coolanagatta which is about forty five minutes drive from Surfers Paradise.
The other is a timber deck which has recently been built for weddings by the council. It is at Main Beach which is about ten minutes from Surfers Paradise.

Does anyone recommend either? Or know anywhere good to stay? My partner and I have a daughter who will be 2, and although we will be looking at doing a lot of the tourist stuff we're also keen to experience as much of the local aussie life as possible during the 18 days. Whether that's just taking our daughter to the beach/park getting train into brissy etc?

Any advice would be great!!!
Thanks everyone - can't believe that I might be doing this Oh and it will probably be on the 5th November, anyone here will be welcome to come!
Old May 10th 2008, 8:43 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting married on the gold coast!!!

Congratulations

Personally, I don't like Main Beach (well not the part I went to) but Coolangatta is very lovely
Old May 10th 2008, 8:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Not seen the deck at Main Beach but I'd go for the Coolie bay. Much nicer beach area and a bit more private than Main. Have a great day, and if you post nearer the time, I'll happily nip down to wish you well.
Old May 10th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the advice

You're all more than welcome - its likely to only be me, andy and tia (our daughter) so the more - the better!

Is bonfire night a recognised event over in oz? if so does anyone know anywhere good to see the fireworks around brisbane/gold coast?

can't wait - nothings been confirmed yet but we're going to tell the family later today, then just got to find the pennys for the airfair!

Oh well, you only get married once (in theory lol), so why not do it where we're hoping to live in a few years!
Old May 10th 2008, 9:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Nope no bonfire night here. One 'event' that the British left behind
Old May 10th 2008, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

doh! nevermind.

Any other events on at that time of year? or any recommendations?