Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting house ready to sell and found....

Getting house ready to sell and found....

Old Apr 11th 2011, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

holly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really nice
Default Getting house ready to sell and found....

Sorry this is not completely Australia related, but we have been having big clear out at home, getting house sorted for putting on the market. In my 2 year old daughters bedroom I have found a fairly large area of wall with crayon all over!!!!

Anyone have any idea how to get crayon off??? Nothing seems to be working, and am thinking that paint prob won't go over it.

Please help!
Old Apr 11th 2011, 4:45 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting house ready to sell and found....

Originally Posted by holly13
Sorry this is not completely Australia related, but we have been having big clear out at home, getting house sorted for putting on the market. In my 2 year old daughters bedroom I have found a fairly large area of wall with crayon all over!!!!

Anyone have any idea how to get crayon off??? Nothing seems to be working, and am thinking that paint prob won't go over it.

Please help!
You could try putting brown paper over it and then ironing the paper? I think it works with wax on clothes.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Andy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to all

Colour the whole wall in crayon.

Sorry, that probably isn't helping but I couldn't resist!

Have a look here: http://tipnut.com/21-crayon-busters-...on-from-walls/
Old Apr 11th 2011, 5:40 pm
Account Closed

jon.n.bec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by holly13

Please help!
Hi Holly

Paint should go over it, when we sold our last house i was touching up the emulsion in the hallway weekly as my little boy was going through a stage of doodling all over it in crayon, give it a try!

Btw are you the same Holly we met a few months ago at the Bonny Prince?, its just that i noticed your in between Nottingham and Derby and wondered if it was you!

Bec x
Old Apr 11th 2011, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

We are in the process of getting out of our rental (sold house last year and flying in a few weeks now!)

In the bedroom of my 3 year old son there is what I would describe as padded wallpaper and in the section behind his bed he has picked large chunks out of it an around 50 places!

The Estate Agents are going to love that one when they do their check! Resigned to the fact we are not going to get all of our bond money back.

As for crayon, well sounds like it might need a paint job.
Old Apr 11th 2011, 8:41 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

This is going to sound really crazy, but try rubbing over the crayon marks with bread - preferably stale bread. I swear it works. It was a tip I was given when my kids were little.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Magic eraser?
Old Apr 12th 2011, 5:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andy_P
Colour the whole wall in crayon.

A mural of Michael Jackson.

Try steaming it to melt the wax, then remove and seal with an undercoat. Try a small section first.

Last edited by Alfresco; Apr 12th 2011 at 5:19 am.
Old Apr 12th 2011, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Steve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to beholdSteve2009 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Steve2009
Magic eraser?
Now that I am on computer...
http://www.mrclean.com/en_US/magic-eraser.do
Old Apr 12th 2011, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

holly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really niceholly13 is just really nice

Great tips guys, thanks! You all know what I'll be doing today!

Hi Bec, yes it is me. Marie is back now, so will have to arrange another meet up to discuss!

Hope you're feeling better x
Old Apr 15th 2011, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

janeer is an unknown quantity at this point

Naughty Lilly!!!
xx
Old Apr 15th 2011, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

middi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nicemiddi is just really nice

If none of the suggestions already offered work, then maybe a putty rubber will. It is something I use to erase oil pastels from artwork. The oil pastel clings to the putty rubber, then you just remove it from the rubber & do the next bit.

Good Luck!