Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Getting Dark Early

Getting Dark Early

Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud ofemmyjc1 has much to be proud of
Default Getting Dark Early

To all the GC and Brisbane peeps

Do you find that in the winter as it gets dark so early you end up going to bed really early? When I was out there last year i was going to bed before 10 and waking up at 6!
Maybe it was because I was just bored at night as my parents didn't have foxtel and the damm adverts on the TV! Once all the house work was down i was ready for bed! In the summer time we tended to sit in the garden of a evening or walk the dogs.
I seem to think that the queensland pace of life starts very early in the morning - prob down to the heat!

Emma xx
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

cra1gm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting Dark Early

exactly what i do bed by ten then up at 6, its a good time to go for a run before work though, nice and peaceful along the river

i was never one for early nights and early mornings in the uk, i honestly cannot stay in bed any later than about 7.30 even on days off, knowing its always such a lovely sunny morning outside it makes me want to get up and enjoy it.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:55 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

We're in NSW and really struggled with this at first. We were going to bed at about 9pm because the place seemed dead - gets dark early and street lights are minimal (well the lights are there but they're as good as flamin matches!!).

We're used to it now though thankfully and it doesnt bother us
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:08 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Here in Adelaide it's dark by about 7 now. I never realised how short the winter days would be here.
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:20 am
The Murphsters

The Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to allThe Murphsters is a name known to all

We discussed this before coming out and saw it as a good opportunity to change our lifestyle habits somewhat. We used to stay up till 11-12 at night and the roll out of bed with just enough time to spare to get to work. We are now going to bed at 10pm and i am usually up at 5.30am. It is amazing how much time you get do get things done in the morning, plus i can go to the gym and lose this beer belly i have (I say i can go to the gym, i have not actually been yet, but i have found out where it is so i can start thinking about going!!:-)

The biggest change for us was making sure we eat early, we used to wait until 8-9pm for dinner, now we are having to eat when we come home from work.