Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: George Best

Originally Posted by walla1
is he dying too?

hopefuly!!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 12:37 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
aye, two days ago
hes good ill gee him that

while you're at it ask Gypsy Rose when you can send karma that's actually loaded
Old Nov 24th 2005, 12:40 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

while you're at it ask Gypsy Rose when you can send karma that's actually loaded
ive had this little problem for ages now mate. i will get round to asking the mods about it soon. then i can get mrs soapy up the duff again
Old Nov 24th 2005, 12:45 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

ive had this little problem for ages now mate. i will get round to asking the mods about it soon. then i can get mrs soapy up the duff again
PMSL!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 12:53 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL!
im off to my kip, fill me in on GB. ill read it in the mornin
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:00 am
Keeping it fairly real

im off to my kip, fill me in on GB. ill read it in the mornin
will do, night mate
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desperate2go
Its a very special illness. The kind that if you left somebody alone on a desert island with it, and returned after 6 months, They would have made a full recovery with no intervention required
Let me guess, you would just force feed those with eating disorders, simple, full recovery?

And what pray tell happens to the person once they return from Crusoe Island to a life with alcohol available (24 hours a day now in the UK), and the stresses and strains of 'normal life'? Oversimplistic solutions seldom work!

OzTennis
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Isn't it sad that all the best talent, be it sport or academia or acting gets ruined by flaws. George Best (alcoholism), Paul Gascoigne (Pratism), Alan Turing (Depression), Sigmund Freud, or River Phoenix or Jim Morrison

Why do all the geniuses have to fck up their lives so badly that their talent gets wasted, and their contribution to the world stuffed?

(the above list was a random one that sprung to mind in 30 seconds)
What screwed up Sigmund Freud?(apart from his mother that is )
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

What screwed up Sigmund Freud?(apart from his mother that is )
Cancer, 1939, England, forced to live there because of anti-semitism, was in Vienna around the end of the 30's.

OzTennis
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Let me guess, you would just force feed those with eating disorders, simple, full recovery?

And what pray tell happens to the person once they return from Crusoe Island to a life with alcohol available (24 hours a day now in the UK), and the stresses and strains of 'normal life'? Oversimplistic solutions seldom work!

OzTennis
I was not trying to be over simplistic. Just stating a fact.
Force feeding someone is an intervention is it not?

I just feel too much emphasis is put on the alcoholism/drug addiction being an ILLNESS. Kind of absolves people from taking some responsibility for their own actions. Ultimately with these 'illnesses', the only cure is to STOP YOURSELF and the buck really does stop there.

I would suggest when they return from their island, they exercise a bit of self control like most have to....maybe it is an illness - called lack of will power and self control.

I am not without my own addictions believe me....but ultimately they are MY problem and I would rather people did not dress it up as an illness. If you have a chronic illness the cure does not normally lie with your self control. That was my point.

And now that smoking is being banned all over the place WHAT ABOUT MY ILLNESS Where the hell will i go to exhibit my symptoms now
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Cancer, 1939, England, forced to live there because of anti-semitism, was in Vienna around the end of the 30's.

OzTennis
When did cancer become a flaw???
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I was not trying to be over simplistic. Just stating a fact.
Force feeding someone is an intervention is it not?

I just feel too much emphasis is put on the alcoholism/drug addiction being an ILLNESS. Kind of absolves people from taking some responsibility for their own actions. Ultimately with these 'illnesses', the only cure is to STOP YOURSELF and the buck really does stop there.

I would suggest when they return from their island, they exercise a bit of self control like most have to....maybe it is an illness - called lack of will power and self control.

I am not without my own addictions believe me....but ultimately they are MY problem and I would rather people did not dress it up as an illness. If you have a chronic illness the cure does not normally lie with your self control. That was my point.

And now that smoking is being banned all over the place WHAT ABOUT MY ILLNESS Where the hell will i go to exhibit my symptoms now
OK, just shows how 2 lines of desert island, instant cure can be misleading. I do think certain addictive behaviours are illnesses though. How does BE's forum member rank?

OzTennis
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When did cancer become a flaw???
Nah, that's what ended him, didn't say it was a flaw; I don't know how he fitted into the Bestie, Gazza etc mould. I'm more mystified by River Phoenix being a genius??

OzTennis
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:38 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Nah, that's what ended him, didn't say it was a flaw; I don't know how he fitted into the Bestie, Gazza etc mould. I'm more mystified by River Phoenix being a genius??

OzTennis

actually it was Kurt Cobain mate
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rooksie
actually it was Kurt Cobain mate
No, a quote from ADL in another post mentioned River Phoenix and Jim Morrison et al. I thought to myself Best was in most people's all time best ever X1, Gazza and the Doors were pretty good, Alan Turing in no small way enables us to do what we are doing now, but River Phoenix!

OzTennis

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.