Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

G'day!settling/settled In Sunshine Coast Area?

G'day!settling/settled In Sunshine Coast Area?

Old Nov 16th 2006, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

CHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud of
Default G'day!settling/settled In Sunshine Coast Area?

HI THERE,

My partner Kerrie and myself, Jamie have just been granted permanent residency visas for Australia and intend, all being well, to migrate to the Sunshine coast area in August 2007 (after my bro's wedding). It is also our intention to go over again for another short holiday during my shut-down week at the end of May 2007, for another "look" to re-fresh our memories, as we think this would be sensible.

We feel it is very important that we now speak/contact as many people as possible who are in the same situation/recently migrated and settled in the Sunshine Coast/Brisbane areas.

Anyway, i'm Jamie, I am 33years old, and we applied on me as I’m a metal machinist/engineer and my partner, Kerrie, who is 28 years old is a qualified hair dresser, but currently working in retail. It only took approx 9months to be granted our independent permanent visa.

We live in Rugby in the West Midlands, about 10miles from Coventry and we would like to settle in the Maroochydore /Mooloolabah/ Caloundra/ Buderim area, but not yet decided!

So if all this sounds relevant, please get in [email protected]

Regards, Jamie & Kerrie
Old Nov 18th 2006, 11:42 am
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of
Default Re: G'day!settling/settled In Sunshine Coast Area?

Originally Posted by JAMIEKERRIE
HI THERE,

My partner Kerrie and myself, Jamie have just been granted permanent residency visas for Australia and intend, all being well, to migrate to the Sunshine coast area in August 2007 (after my bro's wedding). It is also our intention to go over again for another short holiday during my shut-down week at the end of May 2007, for another "look" to re-fresh our memories, as we think this would be sensible.

We feel it is very important that we now speak/contact as many people as possible who are in the same situation/recently migrated and settled in the Sunshine Coast/Brisbane areas.

Anyway, i'm Jamie, I am 33years old, and we applied on me as I’m a metal machinist/engineer and my partner, Kerrie, who is 28 years old is a qualified hair dresser, but currently working in retail. It only took approx 9months to be granted our independent permanent visa.

We live in Rugby in the West Midlands, about 10miles from Coventry and we would like to settle in the Maroochydore /Mooloolabah/ Caloundra/ Buderim area, but not yet decided!

So if all this sounds relevant, please get in [email protected]

Regards, Jamie & Kerrie
hi jamie/kerrie
i'm steve and i live on the gold coast there was a interesting article in the paper here last week sayin that the sunshine coast was the most unaffordable place to live in queensland ,,,,the house prices have really gone up there...... plus i would take a look at the job situation where you want to go as you could find it hard to find a decent job depending what you do
just send me a pm if you want to chat
steve
Old Nov 18th 2006, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

CHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud ofCHELSEAJAMIE has much to be proud of
Default Re: G'day!settling/settled In Sunshine Coast Area?

Originally Posted by Sir Les Patterson
hi jamie/kerrie
i'm steve and i live on the gold coast there was a interesting article in the paper here last week sayin that the sunshine coast was the most unaffordable place to live in queensland ,,,,the house prices have really gone up there...... plus i would take a look at the job situation where you want to go as you could find it hard to find a decent job depending what you do
just send me a pm if you want to chat
steve
Hi Steve, thanks first of all for your message, me & my partner jamie are looking to settle on the sunshine coast in aug 2007. We heard from another couple who live in oz that house prices there are droping, is this not the case then?
I am a hairdresser, but a work in retail finance as it is better money than hairdressing & I enjoy it more.
I would be looking to work in an office, sales or retail & maybe hairdressing.
Is that work hard to come by when we get there? as I have heard that getting a job takes longer that in the uk, the process in oz is much slower is this true?
We visited the gold coast 2 years ago it is a lovely place, how long have have you lived there?

Hope to hear from you again soon
kind regards Kerrie & Jamie.