Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

G'day! Emigrating to Perth help me!

G'day! Emigrating to Perth help me!

Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:55 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G'day! Emigrating to Perth help me!

Hi Carol, I dont have a year before I am coming. We started the visa application back in June 2006 with an agent who promised 6-9 months total time for PR.
This has not been the case and we are missing our family very much and just want to be with them. Royal Perth Hospital state it will take 3-6 months for my visa start to finish so we decided to go via this route as my migration agent said she cant see our visa being granted until the end of 2007 beginning of 2008!!!
My husband can maybe get employer to sponsor him for PR or he can apply for PR himself or I can surely once we get there?
The sponsorship is a minimum 1 year to 4 years. After 6 months they state they can get me PR.
I am not sure what to do as everyone is telling me different things. With a bit of luck we wont need to use the medical insurance even though we will ahve to have it.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 12:02 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachie241
Hi Carol, I dont have a year before I am coming. We started the visa application back in June 2006 with an agent who promised 6-9 months total time for PR.
This has not been the case and we are missing our family very much and just want to be with them. Royal Perth Hospital state it will take 3-6 months for my visa start to finish so we decided to go via this route as my migration agent said she cant see our visa being granted until the end of 2007 beginning of 2008!!!
My husband can maybe get employer to sponsor him for PR or he can apply for PR himself or I can surely once we get there?
The sponsorship is a minimum 1 year to 4 years. After 6 months they state they can get me PR.
I am not sure what to do as everyone is telling me different things. With a bit of luck we wont need to use the medical insurance even though we will ahve to have it.
If you have a 136 application in the system then a 457 is a way of expediting your arrival in Perth. Come on the 457 and just keep with the 136. You can do your medicals here, the only downside is that you will have to leave the country for the 136 to be granted. A cheapie holiday in Bali will do the trick.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 12:02 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

According to my mother in law royal perth hospital is 45 minutes from secret harbour by train? I am not sure how correct this is. We will have to stay with our family initially until we can find somewhere closer. The best thing would probably be to look for a hospital closer to Secret Harbour to sponsor me but I cant find info on the net at all.
I have asked Peel Health Campus and they say they can sponsor me but havent been back in touch. I am used to working in the community as a district nurse. I dont really like ward work per say but have no choice in Oz as there are no community posts. Would be happy in day surgery or medicine.
I am stressed at the moment. We will probably continue on with the Permanent visa we have only got to the skills assessment stage in 9 months though so wont be using our agent from now on will do it ourselves.
Then when the sponsorship comes through can just go and the perm visa should be done a few months after we arrive in oz then at least i have choices.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 12:56 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolwilk34
Hi Jules

Sounds like a long story, ha ha. We are renting across street from new primary. House still not sold in UK (although fingers crossed survey done yesterday).

I've got a 8 1/2 yr old boy and 5 year old girl. Maybe we could meet up for a play?
Absolutely!!

My Mum's over at the minute, so we're busy keeping her occupied, but I'll PM you our details and we'll get together!

Jules x
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

carolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nice

Originally Posted by julesandco
Absolutely!!

My Mum's over at the minute, so we're busy keeping her occupied, but I'll PM you our details and we'll get together!

Jules x
Hi Rachel

If you want to work in the community try this link, think they are based at Peel Health Campus.

http://www.silverchain.org.au/silver...ceprograms.asp

Lots of people warned us about coming on a 457 visa Rachel but, to be honest, they package we were offered was worth the risk. If you already have the PR in the system, then there is probably not a lot of risk.

I will try and find out the HR person for Rockingham General for you but don't start there until 5 Feb. Would you be taking the train to PRI? It is at least a 45 minute drive from Secret Harbour to PRI. Can you get the train? There's a bus which leaves Secret Harbour for the city?

With regard to hrealth insurance, you will be treated in an emergency so no worries there as there is a reciprocal agreement between AU and UK.

Good luck, it will all come good in the end.

Carol