Gday all!!

Old Oct 3rd 2006, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

rubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Gday all!!

Hi there....

I just found this site and thought I'd join in (as opposed to doing the vacuming). I am a Yorkshire pudding who came to Sydney 6 years ago backpacking, and had such a good time I decided to stay put! I am Mum to little Ruby who is 7 months old and am having a ball staying home hanging out with her - and our puppy, Coco.

Looking forward to having a giggle with y'all xxx

Jo
Old Oct 4th 2006, 9:17 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gday all!!

Originally Posted by rubyredlips
Hi there....

I just found this site and thought I'd join in (as opposed to doing the vacuming). I am a Yorkshire pudding who came to Sydney 6 years ago backpacking, and had such a good time I decided to stay put! I am Mum to little Ruby who is 7 months old and am having a ball staying home hanging out with her - and our puppy, Coco.

Jo

Hello

Welcome to BE

Kath
Old Oct 4th 2006, 9:49 am
Cake addicted member

poppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura about

Hi Jo,

Welcome to the site. You will find lots of help, advice and support on here if ever you need it.

I see you are in Manly - us too. We only arrived about 6 months ago and are loving it - great for our little one. Don't know if you are interested but there are a small group of us Northern Beaches mums who meet up on the first Tuesday of each month for a coffee and a gossip. You just missed one yesterday but if you are interested look out for the details about the November meet in a couple of weeks time.

Paula.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

rubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of lightrubyredlips is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Paula, that sounds great!

So what do think of it so far? Had you been over to visit before you took the plunge?
Old Oct 5th 2006, 10:15 am
Cake addicted member

poppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura aboutpoppet has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Paula, that sounds great!

So what do think of it so far? Had you been over to visit before you took the plunge?
We feel so settled already - its like we've been here a lot longer! The only downside for us at the moment is that we are in a rental property and, after owning our house in the UK, we are finding it a bit restrictive in what we can do to make the place home and also the knowing that we have to move again next year.

Manly is a beautiful place - we are fortunate that we are about 10 minutes away from the beach/shops/bars. Close enough to walk in but far enough away to avoid the noise!

We had originally come to visit in 2003 - mainly in Melbourne, not Sydney, as we thought we would have to move there because of sponsorship by my hubby's family. During the visit we spent 3 days in Sydney - actually staying in Manly with an Ozzie lady I'd worked with in the UK who had returned home - and fell in love with the place. Fortunately we didn't have to move to Melbourne and here we are.

So you've been in Sydney for 6 years - you must love it here! Manly is such a lovely place to be a stay at home mum - just wander down to the beach or the park for a few hours each day. It sounds like you are really enjoying being a mum. I also have a little girl but she is nearly 20 months so I have gone back to work part time. She is in a great daycare centre and loves it there so I don't feel too guilty!

Anyway this is turning into a life story so I'd better go and give you a rest!

Px
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Hi there....

Jo

Hello!

I see you are in Manly...so am I!
Old Oct 5th 2006, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Maybe we should change the title of the thread to "Manly only please!"
Old Oct 5th 2006, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

I think you could be right there Hedgehog Girl........ whereabouts in Manly are you?

Paula, out of interest which daycare does your little one go to? I've had Ruby's name down for a couple of months at a few (although I'm not expecting anything until next year).

We too live far away enough to avoid the noise - just up the hill in Fairlight, did you go to the jazz festival? I think we bumped into Marcia Hines.......
Old Oct 6th 2006, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there....

Jo
Hi Jo and welcome,
If its a giggle your after visit the Barbie.
Sam x.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 11:39 am
Cake addicted member

I think you could be right there Hedgehog Girl........ whereabouts in Manly are you?

Paula, out of interest which daycare does your little one go to? I've had Ruby's name down for a couple of months at a few (although I'm not expecting anything until next year).

We too live far away enough to avoid the noise - just up the hill in Fairlight, did you go to the jazz festival? I think we bumped into Marcia Hines.......
Is Marcia Hines that woman on Idol? I should know as I watch it often enough despite all protests from my husband! We didn't see much of the jazz festival unfortunately - seemed good though.

As for daycare I will send you a PM with the details.
Old Oct 6th 2006, 11:47 am
Here at last

Crazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of lightCrazy Diamond is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there....

Jo
Hi and welcome to BE Be prepared it's addictive!
Old Oct 7th 2006, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

god, you probably live right opposite me! I am just in Fairlight as well!
Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:48 am
Cake addicted member

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
god, you probably live right opposite me! I am just in Fairlight as well!
We could all be neighbours and not realise - how weird!!
Old Oct 9th 2006, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

So should I look out for a chick that resembles a hedgehog? Give me a clue to your street name....why dont we start a game to see who can find who's street/house first??

Yes...I have time on my hands!