Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

gas and kitchen appliances

gas and kitchen appliances

Old Dec 12th 2006, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough
Default gas and kitchen appliances

Just a question, we have a double gas oven my wife loves here in the UK, is it possible to bring this with us i.e. what gas is available in Canberra is it the same as what we get now or is it liquid gas? and what about other appliances like the dishwasher, washing machines etc.. would you recommend buying new or bringing our old ones?

Thanks

Robert
Old Dec 12th 2006, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gas and kitchen appliances

Originally Posted by dwaindibley
Just a question, we have a double gas oven my wife loves here in the UK, is it possible to bring this with us i.e. what gas is available in Canberra is it the same as what we get now or is it liquid gas? and what about other appliances like the dishwasher, washing machines etc.. would you recommend buying new or bringing our old ones?

Thanks

Robert
I wanted to bring my lovley double oven (electric though) and hubby said no. Did he live to regret it big time. Couldn't find one I like here, who wants to have the second oven/grill down low by their knees. Took us forever to find one I liked, that was big enough and was of a good quality. Then discovered said oven cost a fortune. Hubby merricly conceded that he should've let me bring my one from the UK and that if we ever move, we will buy a cheapo to put in its' place and move this oven with us!!
Old Dec 13th 2006, 7:43 am
Forum Regular

jannyb has a spectacular aura aboutjannyb has a spectacular aura aboutjannyb has a spectacular aura about

Where did you buy your double oven cos I was looking for one on the net the other day and it appears they are not that popular? They seem to have single ovens here alot where the grill is part of the main oven so you can't grill and bake at the same time...or maybe I've just not learnt how to do it!! Ta.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jannyb
Where did you buy your double oven cos I was looking for one on the net the other day and it appears they are not that popular? They seem to have single ovens here alot where the grill is part of the main oven so you can't grill and bake at the same time...or maybe I've just not learnt how to do it!! Ta.
Got it from Rick Hart. It's a Neff though and not cheap But worth every cent, especially after getting hubby to eat his words
Old Dec 13th 2006, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Lots of Aussie homes are on bottled Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) rather than the plumbed-in natural gas you find in the UK. They burn differently, so your cooker may well have to be adjusted to run here. Before you decide to ship it, check if it is adjustable. Also, if you're speaking to anyone in a shop, they call them stoves rather than cookers.

Good Luck
Old Dec 13th 2006, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

dwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the roughdwaindibley is a jewel in the rough

thanks for that will see if it can be converted to lpg