Gas Barbecues

Old Jul 4th 2006, 3:26 pm
Now a Citizen!

seaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to all
Default Gas Barbecues

Are you able to take gas barbecues over to Australia? I know the gas bottle cannot go but just wondered if they allowed the actual barbecues in. Thanks.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 3:45 pm
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice
Default Re: Gas Barbecues

Originally Posted by seaangel
Are you able to take gas barbecues over to Australia? I know the gas bottle cannot go but just wondered if they allowed the actual barbecues in. Thanks.
We are looking at taking ours out, we have been told by the shipping co that everything must be spotless and must have no traces of grease/fat etc. We are going to throw out the coals and the grills and put new ones in, just to be sure - although after using it at the weekend while slowly burning the food I am thinking whether to ditch the thing. It is only 12 months old although it looks like a 'throw away' compared to the ones you see in Oz!!

cheers
Old Jul 4th 2006, 3:47 pm
bjw
Forum Regular

bjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nice

We have a fantastic weber charcoal BBQ and were also told that we could take it with providing it was clean. we have degreased it and bought new grates. Stripped it all down and washed with Jeyes fluid. Just hope it gets through!

I really hope it gets through OK because we spent a fortune on it!
Bec
Old Jul 4th 2006, 3:51 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, just thought I'd mention, I was in our local garden centre at the weekend and they are selling trigger gun Jeyes Fluid and another Jeyes specially for the BBQ which has a kind of brush attached to the bottle. Approx £3 each.
Old Jul 4th 2006, 3:56 pm
Now a Citizen!

seaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to all

Many thanks for that. Am wanting to buy one to use while the weather is nice!!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 4:13 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all

Hi Seaangel

I recently had a shipping company round to give me a quote for shipping everything, including our BBQ, but they advised against it. He told me that the Aussies think our BBQ's are too small and would probably laugh at it!!! Cheek - I paid £300 for it last year, thought it was a super model! He said it would be better to buy over there rather than go the hassle of cleaning and shipping out.

Ali X
Old Jul 4th 2006, 4:52 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark & Ali
Hi Seaangel

I recently had a shipping company round to give me a quote for shipping everything, including our BBQ, but they advised against it. He told me that the Aussies think our BBQ's are too small and would probably laugh at it!!! Cheek - I paid £300 for it last year, thought it was a super model! He said it would be better to buy over there rather than go the hassle of cleaning and shipping out.

Ali X

Wonder if it was the same agent as he said the same to me yesterday!! He said also that the gas connector isnt the same (well I think that is what he meant!!) he said it needs to be SOOOOOO spotless!! We only bought ours a month ago and did spend a fortune on it but suppose better off selling it and buying a new Oz model when we get there!!
Old Jul 4th 2006, 4:59 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

They don't seem that cheap over there, have a look on some Oz sites and they seem to be about the same price as here. perhaps I was looking on the wrong sites.

Old Jul 4th 2006, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
BTW, just thought I'd mention, I was in our local garden centre at the weekend and they are selling trigger gun Jeyes Fluid and another Jeyes specially for the BBQ which has a kind of brush attached to the bottle. Approx £3 each.
i've seen this advertised, but haven't seen it in the shops so will take a trip to a larger garden centre at the weekend as ours really needs a good clean.

we have a gas BBQ and have decided not to bother taking it with us - it's too much aggro
Old Jul 4th 2006, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Poppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond reputePoppett44 has a reputation beyond repute

We bought a super doopah!! gas BBQ last summer but we're not taking it with us,,,too much hassle to get it properly clean
Old Jul 4th 2006, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toon williams
the gas connector isnt the same (well I think that is what he meant!!) he said it needs to be SOOOOOO spotless!!
we were also told this - another reason not to take BBQ
Old Jul 4th 2006, 6:55 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark & Ali
He told me that the Aussies think our BBQ's are too small and would probably laugh at it!!! Cheek - I paid £300 for it last year, thought it was a super model!
Yes they can look a bit pathetic next to ones that cost several thousand $, but the one we have will do for now.

We cleaned our, it got through quarantine no probs. The connector is different, but all it takes is a trip down to bunnings to get the correct one and fit it. And whilst you are there you can get a cylinder too.