Garage Sales

Old Jun 24th 2007, 1:13 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Garage Sales

Theres also
http://www.freecycle.org.au/]
Old Jun 24th 2007, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by roxy
There is a note at the local shopping centre here in Perth (Carine Glades) that someone is selling everything in their house (Beds, TC, fridge, washing machine etc) for $2500.00

Sounds interesting Roxy...

I'm off for Perth next week and by the time i happen to find a house, this opportunity would have already gone..

Bad luck for me...
Will also check on quokka..
Thanks

Karen
Old Jun 24th 2007, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olauf
Sounds interesting Roxy...

I'm off for Perth next week and by the time i happen to find a house, this opportunity would have already gone..

Bad luck for me...
Will also check on quokka..
Thanks

Karen
If you could have hung on a little we have things to flog!!! Going back end of August. If your interested just let me know
Lynne
Old Jun 24th 2007, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

olauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud ofolauf has much to be proud of

Hi Lynne

Certainly i do have an interest.

I suppoz i also need some time to find a house first. But of course this has to be done as early as possible as otherwiz we will have to stay in a hotel which is not conveneint and also costly.

Why don't you p.m me your tel no and what you are proposing to sell.

Karen.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by olauf
Hi Lynne

Certainly i do have an interest.

I suppoz i also need some time to find a house first. But of course this has to be done as early as possible as otherwiz we will have to stay in a hotel which is not conveneint and also costly.

Why don't you p.m me your tel no and what you are proposing to sell.

Karen.
Have pm'd you Karen
Lynne
Old Jun 24th 2007, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
They have this weird system here where every few months people chuck their unwanted furniture out on the pavement and eventually the council comes round and takes it away. In the meantime the locals wander round the streets picking up the bits of furniture they like, and taking it home to use. The Bloke came home one night with a rusty wobbly table, assuring me that this is normal practice and that people really do furnish their homes this way in preference to buying stuff......
It's a great system. Everyone wins, including the council contractors.

But where do people get this junk from inthe first place? They must be up all night secretly in sheds and garages building this stuff haphazardly. I never see it in their homes.

Or there is a secret fairy.

We still have an outdoor table cadged off someone's driveway. I knocked and asked first.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
.........and believe it or not, you can also pick up some half decent stuff up at the tip!!
Everybody has a quick look around when they go for that old tool or find.
Naturally the tip operators get first sniff.

I got a load of redgum sleepers now burning away inthe stove.
Old Jun 24th 2007, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
It's a great system. Everyone wins, including the council contractors.

But where do people get this junk from inthe first place? They must be up all night secretly in sheds and garages building this stuff haphazardly. I never see it in their homes.

Or there is a secret fairy.

We still have an outdoor table cadged off someone's driveway. I knocked and asked first.
Yes, council cleanups (which is what they're called around here) are fantastic.

We scored a good quality (but old) hi-fi once. Only needed a fuse and it worked perfectly. In the past we also picked up a child's pedal car, various computer components and bits of outdoor furniture. Just use them for as long as you want - then put them out at the next cleanup for someone else to take them home and use

I put out an old bathroom door once. Made of cedar but cut down and shorter than usual. Honest - it was gone before I'd got back inside the house. Someone, cruising the street in a ute, took it immediately. I wish I'd been a fly on the wall when he got it home and realised it was six inches shorter than a standard door.