British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   The Gap. Brisbane - February 10th (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/gap-brisbane-february-10th-418138/)

Pollyana Jan 11th 2007 11:14 am

The Gap. Brisbane - February 10th

The Gap Sports Club, Glenaffric Street. Saturday February 10th.
I've arranged with the lovely people that run the place that we can use it for a North/West Brissie Meet. We can meet there from 1pm onwards, there are lots of places nearby for kids to play - depending on local footie games, verandah where you can drink and smoke at the same time, food will be available. Its right next to the Gap Village shops. Staff are friendly, plenty of free parking.

Some more details for those interested - "Fifteen to twenty minute drive from Brisbane City; fully licensed; poker machines; pool tables; big screen; pub grub and finger food available; bus stop and taxi rank five minutes stagger away; kids allowed until 9pm; natives are friendly."

Who fancies it?:)

Clan Fortune Jan 11th 2007 12:49 pm

Re: The Gap. Brisbane - February 10th

Hi polly,
We will be arriving in Brisbane around the 2nd of feb so would love to come and meet you ( if we can get accomodation sorted by then):eek:

Pollyana Jan 11th 2007 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Clan Fortune (Post 4270651)
Hi polly,
We will be arriving in Brisbane around the 2nd of feb so would love to come and meet you ( if we can get accomodation sorted by then):eek:

That'd be great - its a really quiet spot, lots of parkland and trees around it, yet near enough to the shops if you want to combine the afternoon with getting supplies in! I was there most of today and all the staff seemed really pleased at the thought of being a Brit meeting place!
The cook/chef is a friend of mine, so we will work out a compromise with the food so everyone gets something but she can also have a good day ;)
She did say if anyone has specific requirements for food, pm me, and she will see what she can arrange.

cresta57 Jan 11th 2007 1:23 pm

I'll be heading down to the capital for a wedding that weekend:(

Pollyana Jan 11th 2007 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 4270740)

Booger:rolleyes: Never mind, I think we will be meeting there again. Chef-ess has just spent several months in your neck of the UK, btw. ;)

tiredwithtwins Jan 11th 2007 1:35 pm

lol ... I take it the 'proof' is in the pudding, eh pollyana?:D ;)

She does a mean chilli by all accounts :D

Pollyana Jan 11th 2007 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins (Post 4270782)
lol ... I take it the 'proof' is in the pudding, eh pollyana?:D ;)

She does a mean chilli by all accounts :D

You're "Reading" posts carefully tonight then!!The Proof was in the fish and chips this evening, plus more cheese than I can shake a stick at! Think its a good place for meet-ups too, get yourself over here!!!

annqldau Jan 11th 2007 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 4270740)

Thought you'd already married her in doors???

Will have to check and see if I'm working or not and get back to you about a guest appearance...:D .

billy0911 Jan 12th 2007 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 4270813)
You're "Reading" posts carefully tonight then!!The Proof was in the fish and chips this evening, plus more cheese than I can shake a stick at! Think its a good place for meet-ups too, get yourself over here!!!

Hi
We are in south brisbane "Robertson" but none the less we may as well pop along for a wee shufty lol Me,Wife,Girl(10),and a boy(4)
you make it sound so appealing

Billy & Vicki

soapy© Jan 12th 2007 8:47 am

i dont know paulines shifts, but i might just pop along myself if shes working;)

Pollyana Jan 12th 2007 9:35 am

Originally Posted by soapy (Post 4274163)
i dont know paulines shifts, but i might just pop along myself if shes working;)

We'd love to see you :) In return, we might even make it down to a Pines Meet sometime ;)

themerlin Jan 12th 2007 10:03 am

Sounds good.

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 4270252)
The Gap Sports Club, Glenaffrick Street. Saturday February 10th.
I've arranged with the lovely people that run the place that we can use it for a North/West Brissie Meet. We can meet there from 1pm onwards, there are lots of places nearby for kids to play - depending on local footie games, verandah where you can drink and smoke at the same time, food will be available. Its right next to the Gap Village shops. Staff are friendly, plenty of free parking.

Who fancies it?:) :beer:

Pollyana Jan 12th 2007 10:06 am

Originally Posted by themerlin (Post 4274474)
Sounds good.

Be nice to meet you :)

232Bar Jan 12th 2007 7:37 pm

I may make an appearance if my social secretary allows it :beer:

Pollyana Jan 12th 2007 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by 232Bar (Post 4278033)
I may make an appearance if my social secretary allows it :beer:

Very civilised of you sir ;)