Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Gap. Brisbane - February 10th

The Gap. Brisbane - February 10th

Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Gap. Brisbane - February 10th

The Gap Sports Club, Glenaffric Street. Saturday February 10th.
I've arranged with the lovely people that run the place that we can use it for a North/West Brissie Meet. We can meet there from 1pm onwards, there are lots of places nearby for kids to play - depending on local footie games, verandah where you can drink and smoke at the same time, food will be available. Its right next to the Gap Village shops. Staff are friendly, plenty of free parking.

Some more details for those interested - "Fifteen to twenty minute drive from Brisbane City; fully licensed; poker machines; pool tables; big screen; pub grub and finger food available; bus stop and taxi rank five minutes stagger away; kids allowed until 9pm; natives are friendly."

Who fancies it?

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 17th 2007 at 7:12 am. Reason: beer smilie removed as it doesn't work now
Old Jan 11th 2007, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Clan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeClan Fortune has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Gap. Brisbane - February 10th

Hi polly,
We will be arriving in Brisbane around the 2nd of feb so would love to come and meet you ( if we can get accomodation sorted by then)
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:05 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clan Fortune
Hi polly,
We will be arriving in Brisbane around the 2nd of feb so would love to come and meet you ( if we can get accomodation sorted by then)
That'd be great - its a really quiet spot, lots of parkland and trees around it, yet near enough to the shops if you want to combine the afternoon with getting supplies in! I was there most of today and all the staff seemed really pleased at the thought of being a Brit meeting place!
The cook/chef is a friend of mine, so we will work out a compromise with the food so everyone gets something but she can also have a good day
She did say if anyone has specific requirements for food, pm me, and she will see what she can arrange.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:23 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be heading down to the capital for a wedding that weekend
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:30 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by cresta57
Booger Never mind, I think we will be meeting there again. Chef-ess has just spent several months in your neck of the UK, btw.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:35 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

lol ... I take it the 'proof' is in the pudding, eh pollyana?

She does a mean chilli by all accounts
Old Jan 11th 2007, 1:43 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
lol ... I take it the 'proof' is in the pudding, eh pollyana?

She does a mean chilli by all accounts
You're "Reading" posts carefully tonight then!!The Proof was in the fish and chips this evening, plus more cheese than I can shake a stick at! Think its a good place for meet-ups too, get yourself over here!!!
Old Jan 11th 2007, 4:42 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
Thought you'd already married her in doors???

Will have to check and see if I'm working or not and get back to you about a guest appearance... .
Old Jan 12th 2007, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You're "Reading" posts carefully tonight then!!The Proof was in the fish and chips this evening, plus more cheese than I can shake a stick at! Think its a good place for meet-ups too, get yourself over here!!!
Hi
We are in south brisbane "Robertson" but none the less we may as well pop along for a wee shufty lol Me,Wife,Girl(10),and a boy(4)
you make it sound so appealing

Billy & Vicki
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:47 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

i dont know paulines shifts, but i might just pop along myself if shes working
Old Jan 12th 2007, 9:35 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by soapy
i dont know paulines shifts, but i might just pop along myself if shes working
We'd love to see you In return, we might even make it down to a Pines Meet sometime
Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:03 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good.
Originally Posted by Pollyana
The Gap Sports Club, Glenaffrick Street. Saturday February 10th.
I've arranged with the lovely people that run the place that we can use it for a North/West Brissie Meet. We can meet there from 1pm onwards, there are lots of places nearby for kids to play - depending on local footie games, verandah where you can drink and smoke at the same time, food will be available. Its right next to the Gap Village shops. Staff are friendly, plenty of free parking.

Who fancies it?
Old Jan 12th 2007, 10:06 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by themerlin
Sounds good.
Be nice to meet you
Old Jan 12th 2007, 7:37 pm
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

I may make an appearance if my social secretary allows it
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:39 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by 232Bar
I may make an appearance if my social secretary allows it
Very civilised of you sir

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.