G,day

Old Sep 27th 2004, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Masadal has a spectacular aura aboutMasadal has a spectacular aura aboutMasadal has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up G,day

Hi everyone. Newly registered on this site, browsing for a couple of weeks to get a little knowledge.. My family and I are in the very early stages of gathering information regarding emigration to possibly queensland. Already found loads of info by reading this brilliant forum but 1 question remains unanswered.
I'm a fully skilled self employed butcher of 25 years (running my own retail shop) but have no certified qualifications to prove my knowledge. Does anyone have any ideas if this will be a hurdle on the skilled visa application?
many thanks in advance and looking forward to getting to know you all and following your journeys to/thru Oz.
Steve/Diane + ankle biters
Old Sep 27th 2004, 11:01 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G,day

Welcome to the forum Steve.

Afraid I can't advise you but sure someone will be able to help.

Was you thinking of running your own business in Aus ?
Old Sep 27th 2004, 11:16 pm
ABCDiamond

Butchers shops for Sale

BUTCHER SHOP FREEHOLD – SOUTH OF BRISBANE QLD
Very tidy freehold butcher shop, 1 hour from Brisbane and the Gold Coast (south of Brisbane). Spacious work area with smoke house. Good customer base. Some bulk and private bills.
$160,000 WIWO Phone: [0438] 281626

BUTCHER SHOP – KAWANA, QLD
Situated in busy shopping centre, well equipped, easy parking, growing clientele, plenty of opportunity to expand.
$100,000 + SAV phone: [07] 54741488

BUTCHER SHOP – NORTHSIDE BRISBANE
3 display units, small goods fridge, smoke house, chicken rotisserie, boiler. This shop has big potential! Turnover $4,500 per week. Net profit $55,000 per annum.
$55,000 ono Phone: [0419] 650108

BUTCHER SHOP – OXENFORD
In busy shopping complex. Selling due to ill health.
$50,000 WIWO Phone: [07] 55731188

Old Sep 27th 2004, 11:38 pm
Perthite

holte end is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there

Just wanted to say that my husband is in printing and has been for 18 years now. He has no formal apprentice training or certificates and he was granted a 136 Skilled Indi visa.

We used an agent and they compiled a portfolio with all of his experience in it. He had to detail everything he'd ever done, all the training he'd undertaken down to the last tiny hand tool he'd ever used!

I'm sure, as long as your skill is on the TRA list of recognised skills (and I've no doubt it will be!) you will have no problems apllying for a Skilled Indi visa.

Why don't you give an agent a ring, just to clarify things for you? We used Global Visas in London, they were very efficient.

Good luck
Old Sep 28th 2004, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Masadal has a spectacular aura aboutMasadal has a spectacular aura aboutMasadal has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the welcome and info.I am open to the possibilities of working in Oz for myself and the businesses listed would be the sort of oppurtunities to look at.Alternitavely if a job in butchery/meat retail was the option i am willing to go that route also.Will look at contacting agent and get more info.Go the Villa hey Holte End. Nottingham Forest through and through for me though.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 6:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the madhouse!
Do you promise, if you open your own butcher's shop, to sell decent sausages, unsmoked non-fatty bacon, and real gammon joints? If so, come on over, theres a market!
Old Sep 28th 2004, 8:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Welcome to the madhouse!
Do you promise, if you open your own butcher's shop, to sell decent sausages, unsmoked non-fatty bacon, and real gammon joints? If so, come on over, theres a market!
aye and square sausages too !!!! black puddin and potato scones
Old Sep 28th 2004, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Sausages(8 flavours) and pork ribs are two of my best sellers and it would be interesting to see how the Aussie meat retail differed to the UK.Not been a great year for Barbies in UK this year due to about 3-4 weeks of summer type weather all year,but all other sales going well.
Old Sep 28th 2004, 5:35 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Masadal
Sausages(8 flavours) and pork ribs are two of my best sellers and it would be interesting to see how the Aussie meat retail differed to the UK.Not been a great year for Barbies in UK this year due to about 3-4 weeks of summer type weather all year,but all other sales going well.
The Aussies are big meat eaters, and I agree with Pollyana, there has just got to be a market for decent bacon and bangers!

Best of luck with the venture!
Old Sep 28th 2004, 10:47 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=tonyk38]The Aussies are big meat eaters, and I agree with Pollyana, there has just got to be a market for decent bacon and bangers!
QUOTE]

I'm feeling at home already.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 2:06 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Masadal
Hi everyone. Newly registered on this site, browsing for a couple of weeks to get a little knowledge.. My family and I are in the very early stages of gathering information regarding emigration to possibly queensland. Already found loads of info by reading this brilliant forum but 1 question remains unanswered.
I'm a fully skilled self employed butcher of 25 years (running my own retail shop) but have no certified qualifications to prove my knowledge. Does anyone have any ideas if this will be a hurdle on the skilled visa application?
many thanks in advance and looking forward to getting to know you all and following your journeys to/thru Oz.
Steve/Diane + ankle biters
Hi Steve, Hows the application going........I'm waiting for my TRA application results...I'm also trying to get ta AUS as a butcher....
CHEERS STEPHEN
Old Jan 19th 2005, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yes, as above, I too am in the printing trade, and no formal qualification/certificates. All my apprenticeship was on the job training.

The company I served my apprenticeship with no longer exists so I couldn’t get a reference from them either. However, I used an agent and was informed that a statutory declaration is all you need to cover that, also some sort of proof that you worked there, I used a letter announcing the closure of the company. For some reason I kept that letter all these years, I must have known deep down that I would need it for my visa application!

I would certainly be tempted to look to an agent to help you with your application, Im sure with your experience you should have no trouble, especially if you are planning a business visa.

In the words of Fred Elliot - Good luck with your move.. I said.. I said. Good luck with your move.