Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

FX £ - $ AUD This week

FX £ - $ AUD This week

Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice
Default Re: FX £ - $ AUD This week

Lets hope it keeps rising!
Old Nov 12th 2008, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

stephen elaine will become famous soon enoughstephen elaine will become famous soon enough

High $2.35 today
Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice

not high enough yet! I'll keep on waiting!!
Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

stephen elaine will become famous soon enoughstephen elaine will become famous soon enough

Wot you looking at to exchange Oz $ Chillman ?
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've still got my limit order in but its way off 2.35, I'm in no rush though already got a sizeable chunk out in Oz (since 2006!) that should keep me going for a year or so if needed when I get out Feb next year!

The fun & games on forex are going to go on sometime by the looks of it!!?
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Jillaroo is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear...... 2.23 now......
The RBA have intervened again, but will they be able to keep doing this to support their currency??
Old Nov 13th 2008, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

the oz stock market crashed 6% yesterday too!? I was hoping for the £ to climb after that! 2.5 just over a week ago would have been good to bring back as sterling now!

This is more frustrating than than last weeks x factor!
Old Nov 14th 2008, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

Anyone tempted to transfer some of their aussie dollars back to sterling whilst its so low at around 2.23 and then take the risk that over the coming months it bounces back to 2.40-2.50, and exchange back!!

Its sound good but maybe a bit risky ?????
Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

mark2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's
Anyone tempted to transfer some of their aussie dollars back to sterling whilst its so low at around 2.23 and then take the risk that over the coming months it bounces back to 2.40-2.50, and exchange back!!

Does sound good but who knows what could happen in these turbulent times??
Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stephen elaine
13 mins polly not bad for a woman
As a moderator watching the thread at that time I really don't see where my sex comes into it.
Old Nov 14th 2008, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't work out the 13 mins either
Old Nov 14th 2008, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrCro
the oz stock market crashed 6% yesterday too!? I was hoping for the £ to climb after that! 2.5 just over a week ago would have been good to bring back as sterling now!

This is more frustrating than than last weeks x factor!
The way things look at the moment its just getting worse & worse for sterling!!!
Old Nov 15th 2008, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

I'd be tempted! Set my accounts up to transfer there and back but by time accounts were set up £ was on the drop! If had got at 2.6 end of oct and brought back now = decent profit. Dont move to oz until next nov so chance of a few ups and downs to make some money on I think in these turbulent trading times!
Old Nov 15th 2008, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

mark2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrCro
I'd be tempted! Set my accounts up to transfer there and back but by time accounts were set up £ was on the drop! If had got at 2.6 end of oct and brought back now = decent profit. Dont move to oz until next nov so chance of a few ups and downs to make some money on I think in these turbulent trading times!
easier said than done though??
Old Nov 15th 2008, 9:15 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Carlton Cold's

Set up a forward contract ages ago at 2.15 when we were considering returning to Blighty next year, now things have changed so waiting to change it back, I'm watching the rate every morning before I go to work!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.