Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Future job prospect in Pharmaceutical,medical devices sales or healthcare field

Future job prospect in Pharmaceutical,medical devices sales or healthcare field

Old Jun 30th 2013, 10:51 am
Just Joined

supriyagupta07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Future job prospect in Pharmaceutical,medical devices sales or healthcare field

Hi All

I have done B.Pharmacy and i am planning to move to Australia( NSW). But i am afraid what are my job prospects on arrival in NSW in Australia and in which city of NSW ? I have 7+ years of experience in pharmaceutical and medical device sales.Currently i am working in a multinational company dealing in medical devices related with knee joint replacement.

Please guide me as to how should i proceed after reaching there.
1. What kind of jobs of my field can i immediately avail ?
2. Do i need to upgrade myself?

Awaiting quick and useful information

Thanks
Supriya
Old Jun 30th 2013, 10:55 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Future job prospect in Pharmaceutical,medical devices sales or healthcare field

Originally Posted by supriyagupta07
Hi All

I have done B.Pharmacy and i am planning to move to Australia( NSW). But i am afraid what are my job prospects on arrival in NSW in Australia and in which city of NSW ? I have 7+ years of experience in pharmaceutical and medical device sales.Currently i am working in a multinational company dealing in medical devices related with knee joint replacement.

Please guide me as to how should i proceed after reaching there.
1. What kind of jobs of my field can i immediately avail ?
2. Do i need to upgrade myself?

Awaiting quick and useful information

Thanks
Supriya
Hi Supriya,

Do you currently have a visa allowing you to live and work in Australia?

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jun 30th 2013 at 11:22 am.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Future job prospect in Pharmaceutical,medical devices sales or healthcare field

hi old.sparkles

no we are waiting for our PR visa,but i am afraid that whether i will be getting a job there in NSW in my field of pharmaceutical and medical device sales or i will have to undertake a course or study for getting a good job in healthcare related field and what course in healthcare it can be? if somebody is aware please guide me.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 11:28 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

As you already have your visa application in process, I've moved your thread to the main forum to see if someone can help.

Have you had a look on seek at all for relevant positions to see what skills they are asking for?
Old Jul 1st 2013, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

martin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud ofmartin1978 has much to be proud of

Without trying to get your hopes up theres currently quite a lot of jobs in this field. Im personally involved with the manufacture of surgical tools and medical devices.

All the main companies are based in north ryde maquarie park area and most are recruiting in sales.

Checkout these companies websites for positions. Cant link because im on my phone. But to name a couple there is smith and nephew, life healthcare and cochlear.

Ps. If you do get a job remember me. :-)
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Hi martin

Thanks for your reply.
Are there IT jobs in north ryde maquarie park area?

Would surely not forget you when i reach there and get a job in that area.

Thanks
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 4:27 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
As you already have your visa application in process, I've moved your thread to the main forum to see if someone can help.

Have you had a look on seek at all for relevant positions to see what skills they are asking for?
This is his post in another thread

<Hello Everybody

I want to apply for my visa. But the matter is that my 2 yr. child doesn't have a passport. We will apply for it in a week time and the visa will be issued in 2 months i guess. I want to know that whether we can apply for visa without submitting my daughter's passport?

Can we submit the passport of my daughter later on and get visa formalities done at that point of time or it could create a problem for me? Or firstly i will have to wait for my daughter's passport and then only we can apply for visa.

Please guide me.

Thanks>

which does seem to indicate he hasn't yet applied for a visa.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Hi mikelincs

We got approval for SS on 1st July and will v.soon apply for visa(within few days).

: i guess you have merged my another thread with this one? What is the reason for doing so? And what did you mean by saying that i havent applied yet.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 6:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mikelincs

We got approval for SS on 1st July and will v.soon apply for visa(within few days).

: i guess you have merged my another thread with this one? What is the reason for doing so? And what did you mean by saying that i havent applied yet.
Nobody has merged this thread. Only a moderator can do that and thd only thing a mod has done with this is move it to a more appropriate forum.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 9:22 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mikelincs

You said in this thread that you had applied for your visa, but in another thread that you hadn't, and you have even admitted that you have yet to apply for your visa, people are replying to your post assuming you have already applied, so are not seeing the correct information.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:21 am
Just Joined

Ya mike

u r rite i have not yet applied n will do it in few days. Nor did i mention it in my previous posts. What i said was we are waiting for PR. If it was misunderstood as visa has been lodged then i don't think that it was a mistake at my end. Anyhow, its clear what the actual situation is.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, if any.

Thanks