Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Frustration with different migration schemes. Help!

Frustration with different migration schemes. Help!

Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

USAJerry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Frustration with different migration schemes. Help!

Hi all.

Hopefully someone can help me. I'm a Yank (so please don't bash me too much) and am looking to start my post-college life in Australia. I've noticed that migrating via the Regional Migration Scheme is becoming popular since its inception back on July 1st.

I was wondering if anyone knew the steps to apply for a regional migration scheme. Looking at DIMA and IMMI.GOV.AU and AUSTEMB.ORG reminds me of taking a very hard test and the information can run together and become difficult to understand.

I've contacted Australian businesses before and have actually applied for employment and have run into a serious neverending circle. They tell me I need a Visa to get a job offer. But the interesting thing is that I can't get the job offer without a Visa.

So does anyone know of any sites of some organizations which I can contact that are hiring people under the RMS? Does anyone know a point of contact that I can speak with personally?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Jerry in Virginia
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:34 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frustration with different migration schemes. Help!

It looks like you are confused between the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) and the Skilled Independent Regional (SIR) visas.

SIR was introduced on 1 July. RSMS has been around for quite some time before that.

For the SIR visa - in common with the other general skilled visas - you do not need a sponsoring employer in Australia.

You're not going to absorb all the information you need in a single day - don't expect to. You need to spend a lot of time on the DIMIA site reading and learning and researching. Forums like this can help with clarifications, but if you want professional advice from someone who knows the system well - you need to hire a competent registered migration agent.

Jeremy

Originally posted by USAJerry
Hi all.

Hopefully someone can help me. I'm a Yank (so please don't bash me too much) and am looking to start my post-college life in Australia. I've noticed that migrating via the Regional Migration Scheme is becoming popular since its inception back on July 1st.

I was wondering if anyone knew the steps to apply for a regional migration scheme. Looking at DIMA and IMMI.GOV.AU and AUSTEMB.ORG reminds me of taking a very hard test and the information can run together and become difficult to understand.

I've contacted Australian businesses before and have actually applied for employment and have run into a serious neverending circle. They tell me I need a Visa to get a job offer. But the interesting thing is that I can't get the job offer without a Visa.

So does anyone know of any sites of some organizations which I can contact that are hiring people under the RMS? Does anyone know a point of contact that I can speak with personally?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Jerry in Virginia