Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Dreaded costs of flights

Dreaded costs of flights

Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:09 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dreaded costs of flights

Just been idling around the expedia website to get details of flights to Melbourne next april. Not too bad I thought. Then I wondered what the flights would be if they were from Melbourne to here on the same dates. Did Nov this year and April next year to take into account seasonal variables.

April 2005 Lon-Mel £2,509.60
Mel - London £5,776.00

Nov 2004 Lon-Mel £2,575.60
Mel - London £3,356.60

Based on 3 adults, 1 child with one stopover.

Seriously reconsidering bringing trip forward!!! :scared:

D D
Old Jul 21st 2004, 9:15 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Dreaded costs of flights

Originally posted by DollyDaydream
Just been idling around the expedia website to get details of flights to Melbourne next april. Not too bad I thought. Then I wondered what the flights would be if they were from Melbourne to here on the same dates. Did Nov this year and April next year to take into account seasonal variables.

Mel - London £5,776.00

Mel - London £3,356.60

D D

Ouch!!! Better start saving!
Old Jul 21st 2004, 11:31 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Mel - London £5,776.00

Mel - London £3,356.60

D D
if you are wanting to book flights ex melbourne You will find it cheaper using an Australian Travel company (something to do with tax) try www.zuji.com.au

A return from MEL-HKG-LON-HKG-MEL is $1608 per adult and $1207 per child in Nov of this year

Cheers
kala
Old Jul 21st 2004, 11:57 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kala
if you are wanting to book flights ex melbourne You will find it cheaper using an Australian Travel company (something to do with tax) try www.zuji.com.au

A return from MEL-HKG-LON-HKG-MEL is $1608 per adult and $1207 per child in Nov of this year

Cheers
kala

Thanks for the advice kala

D D
Old Jul 21st 2004, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

I have always found expedia to be very expensive anyway, so i would definitely shop around.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 12:06 pm
AJR
Forum Regular

AJR is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
try contacting travelbag, we did and found that they beat all the other quotes hands down.

Alan
Old Jul 21st 2004, 12:27 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a thought but would it work out cheaper if you booked one way from Aus-UK then when you're in the UK book one way back?

As I say, just a thought...
Old Jul 21st 2004, 3:01 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Try Airline Network - they are usually pretty cheap!!

http://www.airline-network.co.uk

Cheers

Sam & Andy
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

belair22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have always found expedia to be very expensive anyway, so i would definitely shop around.
Expedia expensive??? You are kidding!

2 months ago they had 1 way flights to Sydney and Melb for £318! Returns from just over £500.

Some really cheap deals now if anyone's interested:
U Rippa - UK! Quoted flights to Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa

Enjoy!
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:35 pm
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by belair22
Expedia expensive??? You are kidding!

2 months ago they had 1 way flights to Sydney and Melb for £318! Returns from just over £500.

Some really cheap deals now if anyone's interested:
U Rippa - UK! Quoted flights to Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa

Enjoy!
Dunno about the UK, but here in the US, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, etc, are never cheaper than what the airline themselves can give you. I just want via Qantas themselves and saved nearly USD$200.
Old Jul 21st 2004, 10:40 pm
PommieLeague

Mel - London £5,776.00

Mel - London £3,356.60

D D
Good grief, what are you after? Business class with those prices? Scandalous!