Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Frustrating or what ....

Frustrating or what ....

Old Jan 30th 2004, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

surfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the rough
Default Frustrating or what ....

to find oursleves in posession of visas, able to go since xmas and not been able to make the move, because we have our house to sell. We have now booked flights to 'validate' visa but there is nothing more frustrating. Anyone want to buy a beautiful rural house in the Cotwolds - at a bargain price ? Advise to potential migrants - put your house on the market a.s.a.p. its very slow out there.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a real bummer for house sellers...

booboo
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Surfdude

we are in the same position as you. We are due to have our visa's soon, our house has been up for sale since October but we have only recently begun to have viewers. We really want to be in a position to go when the Visa's arrive, especially as my husband has a job to go to. His future employer is very patient, with a no worries attitude, but we can't help feeling that we are now going to hold the process up. plus we have got ourselves geared up now and just want to go ASAP.

Fingers crossed, lets hope we will both soon be lucky

Steph
Old Jan 31st 2004, 10:48 am
Just Joined

mercedes1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

A suggestion -

Are you able to maybe let out your house and maybe increase the mortgage so you have something to buy with out in Oz.

Not that I think you would, but, if , as some others have found, it doesn't work out and you want to return, the door is still open for you !!??

If that is not an option, maybe PM me with details of your house and location and I might be able to help.

Good luck.

Merc
Old Jan 31st 2004, 11:43 am
Perth Bound

Avery Family is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frustrating or what ....

Originally posted by surfdude
to find oursleves in posession of visas, able to go since xmas and not been able to make the move, because we have our house to sell. We have now booked flights to 'validate' visa but there is nothing more frustrating. Anyone want to buy a beautiful rural house in the Cotwolds - at a bargain price ? Advise to potential migrants - put your house on the market a.s.a.p. its very slow out there.
Hi Surfdude

We are also in the same position, Visa, but with the house still to sell. To make matters worse our agent still sends people round who have yet to sell theirs
Time to try a new agent perhaps!

Good luck
Old Jan 31st 2004, 11:45 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Avery Family
Hi Surfdude

We are also in the same position, Visa, but with the house still to sell. To make matters worse our agent still sends people round who have yet to sell theirs
Time to try a new agent perhaps!

Good luck
Worth a try.
Some friends just did that.
Tried new agent and £5k higher price - sold within a week.
Good luck.
Old Jan 31st 2004, 2:34 pm
pools mad

chrisg28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

sorry to hear about your house problems this concernd us to so we put our house on the market 2 weeks ago even though we have not sent our TRA applicaton of yet ( still wating of replys from old emloyers) and the first people to come and look at our house offered the asking price so now we will be living with my mother in law when the sale goes through. so there is still buyers out their so keep your fingers crossed. good luck.
Old Jan 31st 2004, 3:20 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't wanna hear that the market is really slow!!!

la la la la I can't hear you la la la la (walking round with my fingers in my ears)

Old Jan 31st 2004, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally posted by artep
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't wanna hear that the market is really slow!!!

la la la la I can't hear you la la la la (walking round with my fingers in my ears)

Have you not had any viewers yet Artep.
Mind you it is a funny time of year, as we go into Spring everyone will be flooding to you.
Old Jan 31st 2004, 11:18 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Have you not had any viewers yet Artep.
Mind you it is a funny time of year, as we go into Spring everyone will be flooding to you.
ooooooooohhh i hope so
Old Feb 1st 2004, 8:26 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by surfdude
I thought someone with your username would be going on about the worst summer of swell.

Send dotty details of the property.
Old Feb 1st 2004, 9:42 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by mercedes1
Hi There,

A suggestion -

Are you able to maybe let out your house and maybe increase the mortgage so you have something to buy with out in Oz.

Not that I think you would, but, if , as some others have found, it doesn't work out and you want to return, the door is still open for you !!??

If that is not an option, maybe PM me with details of your house and location and I might be able to help.

Good luck.

Merc
I'd go with the above option. Actually I did !!!!!!

Gave power of attorney to good solicitor, to act on my behalf. No problems. I was going to rent it, but it sold three weeks after i left the country.

Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

alrobson will become famous soon enoughalrobson will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Not sure what the market is like near you but it was getting very slow near us, which is why we sold our house last year. We sold in November but we are not going until summer next year. The main reason we sold was because we didn't want to have everything ready but unable to go because we couldn't sell the house. The other reason was house prices seem to be slowing right down, and if people are having trouble selling their house, then the most obvious thing to do is reduce the price! We are fortunate that we are living with family, so therefore pay little rent but it is hard adjusting to living with other people again. Don't want to really upset people but the Bank of England look like they are going to put interest rates up this week which won't help the market.

I know how you guys feel regarding selling your house, because I've already been through it. I had the usual people who messed us about and the buyer who after so many weeks couldn't get the money etc. But in the end it all went through.

Good luck to all those people selling their houses.