Frozen Pensions

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 2:53 pm
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all
Thumbs up Frozen Pensions

Petition

Please sign this new e-petition.

There is a new petition on the UK PMs website created by a Derek
Richards, who has emigrated to New Zealand, and is appealing for support
against freezing of his pension. It only has 66 signatures at present,
I'm sure everyone would like to add their support. You can find
the petition at the following web address.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Pensionless/

You fill in your name and address and email. If you do not live in the UK you select the drop down box and identify yourself as an expatriate.

The e-petition site will send you an email. You must then click on the link
to confirm that you wish to be listed as a signatory.

You can only use your email address once, but you can include two names on
the signature line.

Please ask as many people as possible to add their support. This may not affect you now but it may in time to come.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:20 pm
Top Dog

sniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to allsniffydog is a name known to all
Default Re: Frozen Pensions

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Petition

You fill in your name and address and email. If you do not live in the UK you select the drop down box and identify yourself as an expatriate.

the signature line.

Please ask as many people as possible to add their support. This may not affect you now but it may in time to come.
done
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

MarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really niceMarkandS is just really nice

Originally Posted by ray2gill
Petition

the signature line.

Have just signed. Well done and i hope that you get everyone here to sign. after all this is something that will benefit us all heading South, or are already living the dream!

Mark
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

CarolineW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MarkandS
Have just signed. Well done and i hope that you get everyone here to sign. after all this is something that will benefit us all heading South, or are already living the dream!

Mark
Presumably people know the rules before emigrating and make a decision in that light?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarolineW
Presumably people know the rules before emigrating and make a decision in that light?
Most people do know the rules but it still doesnt make it fair, when you can go live in spain and get your pension increase and the winter fuel allowance every year, we do pay our contributions like everyone else.
Janet
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:36 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarolineW
Yes - but why on earth should the UK pension be uplifted if you emigrate to, say, the Philippines or the USA - but not to Australia, Canada, South Africa?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

Dizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant futureDizzydame has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Most people do know the rules but it still doesnt make it fair, when you can go live in spain and get your pension increase and the winter fuel allowance every year, we do pay our contributions like everyone else.
Janet
Too right Frayne, I've signed and going to get my family and friends to as well.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:46 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Done, and posted on my retirees website - most however live in Cyprus or the US!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:00 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Yes - but why on earth should the UK pension be uplifted if you emigrate to, say, the Philippines or the USA - but not to Australia, Canada, South Africa?
Maybe they will just means test it for everyone.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:34 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JAJ
Maybe they will just means test it for everyone.
Sorry, I don'tbuy that.

Pensions, above all things, are "contracts" that you pay into for forty-odd years. If business were to change the rules on, say, annuities, they would rightly be taken to court. Mind you, politicians are not subject to the same rules of ethics....
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:51 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Sorry, I don'tbuy that.

Pensions, above all things, are "contracts" that you pay into for forty-odd years. If business were to change the rules on, say, annuities, they would rightly be taken to court. Mind you, politicians are not subject to the same rules of ethics....
I think you will find that the government can "renegotiate" your contract any time it likes.

Your only recourse would be to vote in a different regime at the following election.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

muffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant future

Nice one ... sent it several folks out here who are not BE members

Cheers ... David
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:57 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JAJ
I think you will find that the government can "renegotiate" your contract any time it likes.

Your only recourse would be to vote in a different regime at the following election.
As you very well know, all the parties are equally unethical on this one <g>
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:37 am
Just Joined

pompey621 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks , signed and passed on to others who may not be members.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 12:22 pm
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

I can't sign this. My UK pension wasn't frozen at the point of emigration, but from the date of its allocation - i.e., when I reached 60.
I WOULD sign if I were able, my UK pension (Widows) has dropped a third of its value in the last 3 years!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.