Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Frontloading meds!!

Frontloading meds!!

Old Sep 9th 2005, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Frontloading meds!!

To frontload or not to frontload that is the question?

Has anyone frontloaded meds and police checks on a skilled 136 recently?

Or is it safer to wait for a file number not a CO, and if that's the case how long is it taking at the moment for you to get it?

cheers

Jude
Old Sep 9th 2005, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Pauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nicePauline & Iain is just really nice
Default Re: Frontloading meds!!

Hi

We wanted to front load our meds but found it impossible to do. We couldn't find a Doctor who was willing to give us the meds to post with our application. They have been told by DIMIA not to do this and that they must post them.

So in the end with sent our app along with the PCC's and booked our meds for a bout a month later. We had be then received our acknowledgement containing our case file number which we could put on the med forms which the doctor sent off.

We are now just waiting
Old Sep 9th 2005, 6:09 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xgeminix

Or is it safer to wait for a file number not a CO, and if that's the case how long is it taking at the moment for you to get it?

cheers

Jude
Hi Jude
we are going to wait until we get a file number then do Meds and police checks!
I think the main advantage of waiting is you have 1 year from PCs or Meds to validate your visa so if you get them done too early and you have houses to sell etc could make it a bit tight!!

Thats what we are going to do anyway !
How you going with the main app have you got an agent?

Kris xx
Old Sep 9th 2005, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Hi Jude
we are going to wait until we get a file number then do Meds and police checks!
I think the main advantage of waiting is you have 1 year from PCs or Meds to validate your visa so if you get them done too early and you have houses to sell etc could make it a bit tight!!

Thats what we are going to do anyway !
How you going with the main app have you got an agent?

Kris xx
I do agree with Kris, you will be surprised with all the stuff you have to do after you get the visa. Like so many people on here we found that selling the house was a fair bit of grief. Good luck with your application
Old Sep 9th 2005, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Frontloading meds!!

Hi

We sent out main application first and got an email confirmation from them with a ref no: We went ahead and booked meds for about 10 weeks after confirmation hoping to get a case officer by then. Did not happen so had meds done anyway and doc sent them to DIMIA.
We emailed LCU about a week later and they sent an email saying they had received them and they had been processed.
We sent the PCCs and form 1022 about 2 weeks ago.
My hubby emailed them last night just to make sure they got them and they replied saying they would contact us shortly.

Anyway it is up to you good luck in your decision

AnitaB.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 7:37 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

cheers

Jude
We took the view that we would let the process, which many people have been though before us, take its course. The application was sent, the waiting for something to happen was unbearable and then finally you get a request for meds and police checks. They send you the stuff, you send them back.

Sometimes I think that a lot of people try to complicate things. There's no fast track - at best frontloading as far as I can see could shave about 3/4 weeks off your visa and in return be a lot of worry since you dont have a case number to put on the medicals as requested, the hassle of getting the forms and you shorten your time to validate your visa when it does get granted.

I just had another glass of wine and tried to chill out a bit. Ultimately its horses for courses though and some people do obviously frontload but its not standard practice.

Whatever you decide - good luck
Old Sep 10th 2005, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Xgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond reputeXgeminix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
We took the view that we would let the process, which many people have been though before us, take its course. The application was sent, the waiting for something to happen was unbearable and then finally you get a request for meds and police checks. They send you the stuff, you send them back.

Sometimes I think that a lot of people try to complicate things. There's no fast track - at best frontloading as far as I can see could shave about 3/4 weeks off your visa and in return be a lot of worry since you dont have a case number to put on the medicals as requested, the hassle of getting the forms and you shorten your time to validate your visa when it does get granted.

I just had another glass of wine and tried to chill out a bit. Ultimately its horses for courses though and some people do obviously frontload but its not standard practice.

Whatever you decide - good luck
Thanks everyone we have decided to wait for a file no, I've just got in and I've had a few glasses, OK, bottles of wine ('light' may I add, can't stand the strong stuff!!) to celebrate our TRA!! Now it's just a debate with hubby as to whether we go with agent or go solo, I reckon solo cos' our case is straight forward and I've already prepared the forms, but hubby is a worrier, I'm off to bed now and hope I don't wake up with the hangover from hell!!

JudeXXX
Old Sep 10th 2005, 7:28 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone we have decided to wait for a file no, I've just got in and I've had a few glasses, OK, bottles of wine ('light' may I add, can't stand the strong stuff!!) to celebrate our TRA!! Now it's just a debate with hubby as to whether we go with agent or go solo, I reckon solo cos' our case is straight forward and I've already prepared the forms, but hubby is a worrier, I'm off to bed now and hope I don't wake up with the hangover from hell!!

JudeXXX

Hi Jude
We had the same dilemma agent no agent
In the end im a worrier and its me that does ALL the form filling and stuff so decided on an agent for peace of mind!!
Where are you heading?
We will probably be on the same timeline!!

Good Luck
Kris x
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kris maynard
Hi Jude
We had the same dilemma agent no agent
In the end im a worrier and its me that does ALL the form filling and stuff so decided on an agent for peace of mind!!
Where are you heading?
We will probably be on the same timeline!!

Good Luck
Kris x
Perth... went over in June and loved it!!!

We are going to go solo on the main application but we are still unsure what to do with the medicals.

We have our medicals booked for the 29th September, I rang him and told him that we hadn't sent off our application yet and was worried that they would get lost without a file number, he advised us to go ahead as it would take a week or so to get the blood results back and by that time our application should have got there. He said he had sent off medicals early for loads of people and as long as I know which office he should send them to there wouldn't be a problem.

Which leads me onto my next question!!

I posted a similar thread on another forum and a migration agent that used to work for DIMIA said he advises everyone to do send off their meds early if they want to speed things up...and he emailed me a list of everything the Doc should do including where to send them to.. it said Sydney.

We are on a skilled independent 136 (First Class Welder) MODL, Does anyone else with the same visa who have sent there med's off know where the Doc' should post them?

Jude xx
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

cheers

Jude
Hi Jude,

We frontloaded the meds and PCC, when we phoned for the appt it was weeks away and as luck had it we got a case file no to put on the meds the day they were due!!! We never did get a case officer allocated though!!! The Visa eventually came!! We also used an agent!!!

Hope all goes well for you!!!

Roni