Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

worried about passing medical

worried about passing medical

Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

majortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nice
Default worried about passing medical

we have just started on a RSMS visa, and my wife's employers are dead keen on her coming over asap.
My problem is that I have Angina, I have been on medication for about 3 years.
I haven't had any problems for about two years, and got the all clear after a angiogram in Nov 2004.
Has anyone had anything like me and got through (looking for some reassurance)
Great site...........best wishes to all
Old Sep 13th 2005, 8:58 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: worried about passing medical

Originally Posted by majortom
we have just started on a RSMS visa, and my wife's employers are dead keen on her coming over asap.
I haven't had any problems for about two years, and got the all clear after a angiogram in Nov 2004.
Hi there.

I don't know about angina, it might be worth checking on the DIMIA website and downloading the medical form and checking the requirements.

I know they are hot on HIV, Hep B, TB and anything that can cost the medicare system vast amounts.

Lots of people emigrate with health issues and I dont think it means automatic exclusion just perhaps a category B.

Good luck anyway.

Sam
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

As the doctor who carried out my medical explained, they are not looking to pass or fail you just evaluate if you are going to be a financial burden on them. Obviously if you have HIV or TB you are a risk but besides that I don't think they are that bothered.
My form was full to overflowing on medical issues I have had throughout my life but I'm still confident I will be ok.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Originally Posted by majortom

Sorry I don't know, I just wanted to say I hope it works out for you!!

Roni