Reload this Page >

Front End Loaded Visa Application Fee

Front End Loaded Visa Application Fee

Old May 8th 2003, 11:20 am
Just Joined

dgarry is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Front End Loaded Visa Application Fee

Hi there,
Myself and my girlfriend Miranda have our interview for a spouse visa next Monday and we were wondering is it possible to pay the application fee for the visa at Australia House by credit card????
Thanks,
David
Old May 8th 2003, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

do not quote me on this but I think you can not pay by credit card. I will look at this later on and see. You should have this info in your paperwork somewhere, I think that is where I got my info from

Booboo
Old May 8th 2003, 1:28 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: Front End Loaded Visa Application Fee

Originally posted by dgarry
Hi there,
Myself and my girlfriend Miranda have our interview for a spouse visa next Monday and we were wondering is it possible to pay the application fee for the visa at Australia House by credit card????
Thanks,
David
Hi there, We front end loaded my husbands spouse visa, and you have to pay by cash or cheque. Don't worry about the interview its all fairly straight forward, but we had our interview at the counter in front of a room FULL of people. We had to reel off our life history and our relationship !!!!!:scared:
Old May 8th 2003, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by janeyray
Hi there, We front end loaded my husbands spouse visa, and you have to pay by cash or cheque. Don't worry about the interview its all fairly straight forward, but we had our interview at the counter in front of a room FULL of people. We had to reel off our life history and our relationship !!!!!:scared:

what sort of things did they ask out of curiousity bev has her interview on the 30th.

James
Old May 9th 2003, 6:13 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I've just requested an interview for a Prospective Marriage Visa, and my fiance is in Australia. What do they do about interviewing him? Will they do it by phone or will he have to go somewhere in person?
Old May 9th 2003, 7:26 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by james & bev
what sort of things did they ask out of curiousity bev has her interview on the 30th.

James
hi There,
The man that interviewed my husband told us to talk about our relationship together, where and when we had met, dates of things we had done together such as holidays. When our daughter was born and why we wanted to go to australia. We both talked not just my husband and obviously our stories have to match our written statements. He didn't look like he was listening to us because he was sorting through all our paperwork but I'am sure this is part of the interview and he was infact listening to every word!!!
We were then told to come back in half an hour in which time I'am sure our application was looked through with a fine tooth comb!!. When we got back he said 'I am pleased to give you your permanent residency visa' congratulations!!! We were so pleased as I found the whole process of the application very stressfull, we wanted to save money and do the application ourselves rather than use an agent. All the hard work has been well worth it though.

I'am sure you already know but dont forget to get all your official documents photocopied and certified. I forgot but they were ok about it!!
We were also told that the fact we have a child together helped with the application, so if you have children take them with you to the interview!!
Don't worry if you haven't got children though we know someone who hasn't and they got a visa without any problem.
If you need any more info ask away!!
Old May 9th 2003, 7:30 am
home again, home again

Originally posted by Pollyana
I've just requested an interview for a Prospective Marriage Visa, and my fiance is in Australia. What do they do about interviewing him? Will they do it by phone or will he have to go somewhere in person?

Iam not sure about this one, but a friend of ours who is an Australian Citizen and lives in Perth has just been told his girlfriend from Poland has been given a Spouse visa. She did the application herself from Poland. I can find out for you?
Old May 15th 2003, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Just to let you all know that you can actually pay by credit card when you're doing an over the counter preloaded application in Australia House in London..
Old May 15th 2003, 2:50 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

David,
Does that last post mean that you have had your interview? How did it go? Have you now got your visa??? If so - many congratulations!!!

I'm still waiting to hear from Oz House with an appointment date -good test of patience!

Pollyana
Old May 15th 2003, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Pollyana
David,
Does that last post mean that you have had your interview? How did it go? Have you now got your visa??? If so - many congratulations!!!

I'm still waiting to hear from Oz House with an appointment date -good test of patience!

Pollyana
Well we had our interview and it all went well but I had borderline high blood pressure when I had my medical so the girl we were dealing with said we'll have to wait 2 - 3 weeks before a decision will be made. She said normally we'd get it on the day but it has to be approved by their doctor.. I'm not too worried but I'd prefer to get it on the day..
I think the interview is a strange process as it's similar to popping down to Barclays and having a chat with the teller about your relationship..
Fingers crossed 2-3 weeks time we'll have it.. it's my birthday in 2 weeks so it'd be a nice birthday present...
Old May 15th 2003, 3:47 pm
Home and Happy

Fingers crossed for you then - let me know when you get it! As you say, it would've been nice to get it on the day, but at least you know its on its way.
Did your doctor give you any hints at the medical?
I guess they will have to phone my fiance to interview him as he is in Brisbane, while I will have to go through the story in person at the interview.
Just wish they'd get on and give me a date now!
Good luck, and I hope you hear soon,
Pollyana
Old May 15th 2003, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

tomtanktop is an unknown quantity at this point

So how do you actually go about getting or applying for an interview?
Any info. gratefully received

Cheers Tom
Old May 15th 2003, 8:16 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by janeyray
hi There,
The man that interviewed my husband told us to talk about our relationship together, where and when we had met, dates of things we had done together such as holidays. When our daughter was born and why we wanted to go to australia. We both talked not just my husband and obviously our stories have to match our written statements. He didn't look like he was listening to us because he was sorting through all our paperwork but I'am sure this is part of the interview and he was infact listening to every word!!!
We were then told to come back in half an hour in which time I'am sure our application was looked through with a fine tooth comb!!. When we got back he said 'I am pleased to give you your permanent residency visa' congratulations!!! We were so pleased as I found the whole process of the application very stressfull, we wanted to save money and do the application ourselves rather than use an agent. All the hard work has been well worth it though.

I'am sure you already know but dont forget to get all your official documents photocopied and certified. I forgot but they were ok about it!!
We were also told that the fact we have a child together helped with the application, so if you have children take them with you to the interview!!
Don't worry if you haven't got children though we know someone who hasn't and they got a visa without any problem.
If you need any more info ask away!!
Hmm, I reckon spouse visas are more or less automatic, they're just checking you're not in some kind of marriage for payment.

Good luck - cheers - Don