Reload this Page >

Investment category?

Investment category?

Old May 15th 2003, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

Jilko is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Investment category?

Hi Everyone,

We are looking into the different ways of getting PR in OZ.
We may be able to get PR through my husbands job (IT) on the skilled mig. route, but we are also wondering if anyone has done the investment route where you pay A$100,000 to the OZ government for 1 yr.

We currently have some money in the bank, but are short by about £15,000 at the moment. We are wondering if we can get a loan for the extra £15K and pay it back over 5 years so we can apply now instead of waiting till we can save the rest. Has anyone done this?? This seems really simple to us and cuts out the hassle of the skilled route where the boss has to know and give u a big glossy report. The question is - Has anyone got a loan to get the money together, and if now why??

Thanks

Old May 15th 2003, 3:11 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Investment category?

Originally posted by Jilko
Hi Everyone,

We may be able to get PR through my husbands job (IT) on the skilled mig. route, but we are also wondering if anyone has done the investment route where you pay A$100,000 to the OZ government for 1 yr.

We currently have some money in the bank, but are short by about £15,000 at the moment. We are wondering if we can get a loan for the extra £15K and pay it back over 5 years so we can apply now instead of waiting till we can save the rest. Has anyone done this?? This seems really simple to us and cuts out the hassle of the skilled route where the boss has to know and give u a big glossy report. The question is - Has anyone got a loan to get the money together, and if now why??

Thanks

Hi

I am no expert but I think the investment of $100,000 is only for if you are applying for a skilled visa, and miss the pass mark by 5 points. (Ie $100,000 gives you 5 points on a skilled PR application). You still need to go through the rest of the (very long) process.

Good luck

Mel
Old May 15th 2003, 3:24 pm
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Mel's quite right. The £100k bond is a way of getting an extra 5 points.

We placed our bond in March. The way we raised the capital was by taking a further advance on our mortgage which will be repaid when (if!!) we sell the property.

Hope this helps

Steph
Old May 15th 2003, 5:04 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Paul and Steph
Mel's quite right. The £100k bond is a way of getting an extra 5 points.

We placed our bond in March. The way we raised the capital was by taking a further advance on our mortgage which will be repaid when (if!!) we sell the property.

Hope this helps

Steph
I think it's AUD100K, not GBP100K. Makes a bit of a difference (for now!)

Cheers - Don
Old May 15th 2003, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all
Default Re: Investment category?

Originally posted by Jilko
Hi Everyone,

Thanks

We (hubby) applied in the skilled independent category sub class 136 visa last May 2002. In our application we stated that we were claiming 5 points for $100,000 investment. We were asked to lodge the funds in April 2003. The general rule seems to be that funds are only requested in the final stages of the application before a visa is granted.

Good luck
Old May 15th 2003, 8:23 pm
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
I think it's AUD100K, not GBP100K. Makes a bit of a difference (for now!)

Cheers - Don
Oops! spot on Don, obviously too much vino this evening.

Steph