View Poll Results: Has expats made you laugh lately?
Yes - had me in stitches
26.32%
Yes - made me chuckle
50.00%
I'm looking for the more serious posts
5.26%
Not at all, thankyou
18.42%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Frivolity?

Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:20 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Paul99

Jesus. and I'm the one who needs to relax?
I plod along and say i don't find the stories that funny - out come the lynch mob!
Got to admit I have laughed a lot these last 2 days - maybe at different things to you lot - one man's Jimmy Krankee is another man's Jimmy Tarbuck.

deep breaths you lot

Paul

Wasn't directed at you, just a general outpouring against the 'knockers' so to speak. I thin it is undisputed that the stories aren't exactly highly sophisticated humour.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Err - sophisticated? Hit that one right on the head Jayr! No way! You try typing sophisticated humour with the boss approaching your desk! Help!!!
Even funnier when you've actually met some of the people on the side, and are visualising them in their story roles!
Pure fun, killing time while waiting for the next step of the visa/emigration process.
:scared:
Old Sep 26th 2003, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys
I agree that sometimes our sense of humour may seem a little warped, to the uninitiated. To many who are just dipping in and out of the forum, they wouldn't know who we are talking about, or why we refer to certain things. However, there are a lot of informative posts for those who are looking for that.

Not that long back, this forum would often dissolve into slagging matches, now we all tend to have a laugh instead. Some of the people that would get offended, or cause offense have left and a number of people have started posting since then. Perhaps we've all gone a bit silly for a couple of reasons; the stress of the wait/ adjustment to life in Aus and a reaction to how unwelcoming the forum was before.

Amusing though Paul, that you couldn't resist dipping into the story thread to see what we were up to. Hope you weren't offended.

Larissa
Old Sep 26th 2003, 8:01 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Would make a fantastic surreal film though wouldn't it! The sort of thing you watch through a haze of alcohol very late at night!
Old Sep 26th 2003, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Would make a fantastic surreal film though wouldn't it! The sort of thing you watch through a haze of alcohol very late at night!
and the nominations for Expat Diplomat goes to..
-Welshyboy for his constant good humouredness
-Chippy for not getting annoyed despite the fact he thinks we've lost it
-Jayr for being very down to earth...

and the winner is....
Welshyboy!!!
Hang on... I thought that sheep weren't allowed to vote!
Old Sep 26th 2003, 8:17 am
WBB

Originally posted by Larissa
and the nominations for Expat Diplomat goes to..
-Welshyboy for his constant good humouredness
-Chippy for not getting annoyed despite the fact he thinks we've lost it
-Jayr for being very down to earth...

and the winner is....
Welshyboy!!!
Hang on... I thought that sheep weren't allowed to vote!

well thank you, i couldnt of done it without you, i would like to thank my mother for bringing me in to the world and i would like to thank all the expat community for considering me for this prestigious award.

ha ha now where is flossy

Old Sep 26th 2003, 8:33 am
Home and Happy

Welshboybilly - What I was wondering (at 2am through the proverbial haze of alcohol) was - if you ever catch the sheep that is gambolling through your posts, what will you post then.....??!!!
Old Sep 26th 2003, 8:40 am
WBB

Originally posted by Pollyana
Welshboybilly - What I was wondering (at 2am through the proverbial haze of alcohol) was - if you ever catch the sheep that is gambolling through your posts, what will you post then.....??!!!
now now dont get me excited.

Old Sep 26th 2003, 8:43 am
Home and Happy

Oh go on, get excited, the whole weekend ahead of you - so many things you could do with yourself,.....and what will you end up doing? Dreaming of sheep!!!
Why Australia welshboy? Surely NZ would be more in your line???!!!

(and I'm allowed to make sheep jokes remember - I've got Welsh blood too!!
Old Sep 26th 2003, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Welshyboy - I'm getting seriously worried about you... I'm beginning to think that you might not be joking about the sheep thing after all.
:lecture: Don't forget to take your pills from the doc. they might help.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 8:55 am
WBB

Welshyboy - I'm getting seriously worried about you... I'm beginning to think that you might not be joking about the sheep thing after all.
:lecture: Don't forget to take your pills from the doc. they might help.
have you ever been to wales larissa?

such a depressing hole if you lived here you would chase sheep too

and as i have said many times b4 we shag em you eat em :scared:

Old Sep 26th 2003, 8:58 am
WBB

and by the way i meant to say this poll you have run clearly shows that the humour on this site is enjoyed by the majority of those who have voted and long may it continue.

we need a story tonight me thinks, i have a bottle of wine and a crate of lager ready so it could get interesting.

Old Sep 26th 2003, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by welshboybilly
have you ever been to wales larissa?

such a depressing hole if you lived here you would chase sheep too

and as i have said many times b4 we shag em you eat em :scared:
Ha ha! That's where you're wrong! I don't eat 'em! Yep - need a good laugh tonight!
Old Sep 26th 2003, 10:13 am
WBB

Ha ha! That's where you're wrong! I don't eat 'em! Yep - need a good laugh tonight!

but you must drink water..................and fish f**k in it

Old Sep 26th 2003, 10:22 am
Home and Happy

Well I'm in for a really tough weekend - have to empty the fridge and kitchen cupboard, and I seem to currently have 6 bottles of wine and 40 cans of various lagers, oh, and 3 large bottles of cider! So I guess I might have to have a drink tonight......get working on a storyline someone! Maybe Paul99 would like to join us??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.