View Poll Results: Has expats made you laugh lately?
Yes - had me in stitches
26.32%
Yes - made me chuckle
50.00%
I'm looking for the more serious posts
5.26%
Not at all, thankyou
18.42%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Frivolity?

Old Sep 25th 2003, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Paul99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by welshboybilly
not being funny but as disco nipples said earlier this is the lifestyle and culture forum.....if you have a serious immigration related question that you cant get answered in here try there, thats what i do.

now where shall i put my soapbox.
exactly! Aus/NZ lifestyle and culture forum. and I quote "This is where to ask for advice on living in and moving to Australia or New Zealand."

dont see any mention of bedtime stories?

checking out the "funny" stories today seems everyone is whining because I and one other gave an opinion. Get over it!!

don't get me wrong - there's some funny stuff, welshboybilly, chippy, good for a laugh,

Ill leave it there - gives you all something to whine about. in fact why not start another poll?
Old Sep 25th 2003, 7:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Paul99, I don't know where you are from, but I'd like to welcome you to the forum, and invite you to join us at the meet in Brighton on October 5th - where we will be talking about Australia and New Zealand, and the hoops that some of us have had to jump through (and are still jumping through) to get our visas. Maybe then you will see why we like to make each other laugh from time to time.
And just a point which you may not realise as a newcomer, but hidden in those silly stories there are often a lot of clues about life Down Under - the tupperware, the pool man and lawn mower man, the excitement of the stickers in your passport, and the sheer sense of humour.

However, as you probably think I'm just a daft bat with no more brain than a dead dingo, I douby that you will even have read this far through my post.

Pollyana

Beating herself with her own broomstick not being serious enough
Old Sep 25th 2003, 7:22 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

[
However, as you probably think I'm just a daft bat with no more brain than a dead dingo, I douby that you will even have read this far through my post.

Pollyana

Well said pollyanna, but i'd say you had more braind that a dingo

Oh and i hope Paul manages to get through the emmergration process and stay sane, what do you reckon? I feel another poll coming on!!!!
Old Sep 25th 2003, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Pollyana
Paul99, I don't know where you are from, but I'd like to welcome you to the forum, and invite you to join us at the meet in Brighton on October 5th - where we will be talking about Australia and New Zealand, and the hoops that some of us have had to jump through (and are still jumping through) to get our visas. Maybe then you will see why we like to make each other laugh from time to time.
And just a point which you may not realise as a newcomer, but hidden in those silly stories there are often a lot of clues about life Down Under - the tupperware, the pool man and lawn mower man, the excitement of the stickers in your passport, and the sheer sense of humour.

Pollyana

thanks for the invite - it's probably best if I pass.

Im just amazed that everyone spent all day crying just because someone expressed an opinion. if I joined in by saying tee-hee, funny story, we'd all be best pals! I tried to say dont listen to me yesterday as it was just an opinion. thought that would be that, then all day its been such a major issue.

Ill try and keep my gob shut in future, other opinions clearly arent welcome.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 7:26 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Paul99

Im just amazed that everyone spent all day crying just because someone expressed an opinion. if I joined in by saying tee-hee, funny story, we'd all be best pals! I tried to say dont listen to me yesterday as it was just an opinion. thought that would be that, then all day its been such a major issue.

no biggy mate, just join in.

anyway who is crying?

Old Sep 25th 2003, 7:29 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by welshboybilly
no biggy mate, just join in.

anyway who is crying?
me! my heart is broken, i need pee beeee, even he wasn't so cruel.
No Paul, really don't stress, everyones opinions are valued, but so is a sense of humour in what can be, at times, a distressing process (see my timelline if you don't believe me!). Welcome on board to the mad house.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 7:42 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

So this is the polar opposite of what I said ealier, who's upset...only you it seems. There's nothing wrong with your gob...its your eyes mate, cos you obviously are not reading the posts properly. Here I'll post it again for you:

"Say what you want, when you want, to whom you want. Say it in any way, shape or form. If its personal, then ignore it or retort...it matters not.

Anyone who starts this namby pamby whingeing about who post what should join the thought nazis."

There. Sorted.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Paul,

RELAX mate!!! This process of migrating is a LONG one!!! I spent my first few posts asking questions ( and getting good, and unbiased answers ), then I was a bit put off by PB, who although had some good stuff to say, said it in the manner of a T*sser ( ! ). Then I got cheesed off with someone posting about whether or not they could get their favourite PG Tips T Bags in Oz and I posted a reply saying " Get a life " ( ! ). whilst I stand by that and ( To me anyway ) Teabags aren't the most important thing in the world, they Are important to Some people. Hopefully, mate, you will ( like I did ) become open to ALL kinds of forum posts, even the daft ones, 'cos when you've been going through the process for a while and it's the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning and the last thing you think of at night, and you're waiting for an answer from your skills assessment and it feels like you've been waiting FOREVER ( and that's before you've even sent OFF your main application ) you'll suddenly be glad just to share a giggle or two with some people who are going through the SAME thing as YOU, and to be honest, it's nice not to have to " Talk " migration ALL the time.

Stick with us matey, You'll be glad you did!!!

Best wishes,

Leigh. ( Also known to have " Unfeasibly large wrists " !!! "
Old Sep 25th 2003, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Frivolity, is that where people who actually live here get on the Living here forum and have a laugh about living in Australia

Some people from the UK are in for a real reality check when they arrive if the fantasy they spurt from the UK is anything to go by.

Dont knock our humour, you may well find you'll need it soon.

If you want serious posts go the the IMMIGRATION forum, thats what its there for.

Last edited by dotty; Sep 25th 2003 at 10:21 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by steandleigh
Hello Paul,

RELAX mate!!! This process of migrating is a LONG one!!! I spent my first few posts asking questions ( and getting good, and unbiased answers ), then I was a bit put off by PB, who although had some good stuff to say, said it in the manner of a T*sser ( ! ). Then I got cheesed off with someone posting about whether or not they could get their favourite PG Tips T Bags in Oz and I posted a reply saying " Get a life " ( ! ). whilst I stand by that and ( To me anyway ) Teabags aren't the most important thing in the world, they Are important to Some people. Hopefully, mate, you will ( like I did ) become open to ALL kinds of forum posts, even the daft ones, 'cos when you've been going through the process for a while and it's the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning and the last thing you think of at night, and you're waiting for an answer from your skills assessment and it feels like you've been waiting FOREVER ( and that's before you've even sent OFF your main application ) you'll suddenly be glad just to share a giggle or two with some people who are going through the SAME thing as YOU, and to be honest, it's nice not to have to " Talk " migration ALL the time.

Stick with us matey, You'll be glad you did!!!

Best wishes,

Leigh. ( Also known to have " Unfeasibly large wrists " !!! "
Yeah and don't think I have forgiven you!!! Unfeasibly large wristed one.

I repeat I did not ask where I could buy PG Tips but an ALTERNATIVE to them i. e other Tea bags.

I await the post when you are looking for an alternative to unfeasibly large wrist bands

Seriously Paul. Once you have been using this site for a couple of months - or nearly 18 in my case! How many times do you think the same old questions come up? Which is fine and what you would expect, but we need a bit of fun to liven it up a bit.

Plus we are all living in the revolutionary site now that moany old git PB has gone. After all people actually left in droves as it got so depressing on here.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 10:44 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

First off, it says 'BritishExpats - serving the expatriate community' on my screen, secondly this is Lifestyle and Culture forum. I trust that those going through the process of emigrating would like a view from the other side?

The actual expats on this board do a great service (I believe) in helping to answer questions about visa, housing, cars, teabags and whatever else. However, as a forum for expats do people really think we want to just sit around answering these questions all day long? For the expat community we get something out of commenting on the lifestyle and culture, making comparisons between different states for example. If this extends to frivolous humour to lighten the day of those still searching for jobs or to fill the day of thos in dull jobs then I think these are precisely the sort of threads we should be encouraging.

Ayone in the UK who thinks this this forum should remain serious really needs to lighten up, a sense of humour and the community of expatriates is very important in Oz or indeed any country you emigrate to. Trust me, the hard work, pain and effort does not end as soon as you get on the plane at Heathrow.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Just check out the dancing Kangaroo's thread these are the true folks on this site,lots of fun but serious when needed.We all need to lighten up and live a little sometime me thinks.Check out the Lounge for heavy/deep and some light heartedness,but the Aus/N,Z is a lot more down to earth ,enjoy it Paul and don't let 'em get to you
Old Sep 25th 2003, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris hogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Just check out the dancing Kangaroo's thread these are the true folks on this site,lots of fun but serious when needed.We all need to lighten up and live a little sometime me thinks.Check out the Lounge for heavy/deep and some light heartedness,but the Aus/N,Z is a lot more down to earth ,enjoy it Paul and don't let 'em get to you
Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by jayr
First off, it says 'BritishExpats - serving the expatriate community' on my screen,
well i just went to www.elephant.co.uk but couldn't buy me an elephant?
secondly this is Lifestyle and Culture forum. I trust that those going through the process of emigrating would like a view from the other side?
only said I didnt like storytime, who's complaining about anything else? not I.
The actual expats on this board do a great service (I believe) in helping to answer questions about visa, housing, cars, teabags and whatever else.
Undisputed.
However, as a forum for expats do people really think we want to just sit around answering these questions all day long?
For the expat community we get something out of commenting on the lifestyle and culture, making comparisons between different states for example. If this extends to frivolous humour to lighten the day of those still searching for jobs or to fill the day of thos in dull jobs then I think these are precisely the sort of threads we should be encouraging.

Ayone in the UK who thinks this this forum should remain serious really needs to lighten up, a sense of humour and the community of expatriates is very important in Oz or indeed any country you emigrate to. Trust me, the hard work, pain and effort does not end as soon as you get on the plane at Heathrow.
Jesus. and I'm the one who needs to relax?
I plod along and say i don't find the stories that funny - out come the lynch mob!
Got to admit I have laughed a lot these last 2 days - maybe at different things to you lot - one man's Jimmy Krankee is another man's Jimmy Tarbuck.

deep breaths you lot
Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:50 pm
WBB

well i just went to www.elephant.co.uk but couldn't buy me an elephant?

only said I didnt like storytime, who's complaining about anything else? not I.

Undisputed.

Jesus. and I'm the one who needs to relax?
I plod along and say i don't find the stories that funny - out come the lynch mob!
Got to admit I have laughed a lot these last 2 days - maybe at different things to you lot - one man's Jimmy Krankee is another man's Jimmy Tarbuck.

deep breaths you lot
i like your style, especially the krankie/tarbuck line.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.