View Poll Results: Has expats made you laugh lately?
Yes - had me in stitches
26.32%
Yes - made me chuckle
50.00%
I'm looking for the more serious posts
5.26%
Not at all, thankyou
18.42%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Frivolity?

Old Sep 25th 2003, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Frivolity?

Just an idea - maybe we could use the smiley message icon and the word "frivolity" in our thread titles so that people can avoid them, if they don't share our penchant for wit and amusement.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 8:07 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frivolity?

Originally posted by Larissa
Just an idea - maybe we could use the smiley message icon and the word "frivolity" in our thread titles so that people can avoid them, if they don't share our penchant for wit and amusement.
good idea!
if a post isnt someones cup of tea then they should just click out and try the next one.
there have been some awful personal attacks lately that just werent called for.
2 frivolous threads out of about 30 in the space of 12 hjours is hardly sending the forum into bored oblivion is it?

keep smiling

sue
Old Sep 25th 2003, 8:10 am
WBB

seems a few people have decided they want this place to be like a library...ssshhh quiet please

i think if you have a serious question, which i also do occassionally :lecture: then ask it in a new thread it will be answered if somebody knows the answer, but why get involved in threads that you dont want to?

live and let live is what i suggest

this site used to be really good when i first registered then it went a bit stuffy - pb was cutting and pasting left right and center - lets hope it not going that way again.

my penny's worth

Old Sep 25th 2003, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

funny how the longest running thread at the mo is about Dotty, Ceri, Mrs Dagboy and the pool cleaner....
Old Sep 25th 2003, 8:20 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

why isnt anyone complaining about the thread on drug use?
oh, forgot, thats an economically pertinent subject isnt it? very relevant to migration issues etc.

hmm

sue
:lecture: :lecture:
Old Sep 25th 2003, 8:34 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
why isnt anyone complaining about the thread on drug use?
oh, forgot, thats an economically pertinent subject isnt it? very relevant to migration issues etc.

hmm

sue
There is a serious point of the drug use post. Any parent who believes Australia has less of drug problem than the UK is now under no illusions.

One of the purposes of the forum is to provide comparisons of life between OZ and the UK. There are differences in drug use and therefore the thread has a purpose.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 8:36 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

forgot, thats an economically pertinent subject isnt it? very relevant to migration issues etc.

hmm

sue
Yes but Sue this isn't the Australian Immigration forum. This is Australian lifestyle and culture.

Personnally I don't see the need to denote a thread with a smily or anything I mean lets face it those who don't want to read some of our slightly more off the wall threads would probably end up having a sneaky peak anyway.

Its an open forum and if some people do not like a thread then get over it and move on
Old Sep 25th 2003, 9:25 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just a saddo and read all of the threads, if i don't find it interesting i move on. Simple really
I think its easy to get bogged down and extremely anal about the whole migration thing, a bit of lighthearted banter is harmless enough and a lot less harm than the personal insults that used to fly around reguarly.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 9:57 am

Originally posted by bondipom
There is a serious point of the drug use post. Any parent who believes Australia has less of drug problem than the UK is now under no illusions.

One of the purposes of the forum is to provide comparisons of life between OZ and the UK. There are differences in drug use and therefore the thread has a purpose.
I was only asking!
Dont jump on me and bite me!(oh, wrong thread, thats the spider one isnt it!?)

sue

Old Sep 25th 2003, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

suffolkdiva is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't keep mentioning the spider!!!

My heart rate still hasn't come down after reading the other thread
Old Sep 25th 2003, 12:45 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Say what you want, when you want, to whom you want. Say it in any way, shape or form. If its personal, then ignore it or retort...it matters not.

Anyone who starts this namby pamby whingeing about who post what should join the thought nazis.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 12:58 pm
WBB

Originally posted by chippy
Say what you want, when you want, to whom you want. Say it in any way, shape or form. If its personal, then ignore it or retort...it matters not.

Anyone who starts this namby pamby whingeing about who post what should join the thought nazis.

well said couldnt agree more.

Old Sep 25th 2003, 1:05 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by welshboybilly
well said couldnt agree more.
Cheers Taff...I did good did'nt I.
Old Sep 25th 2003, 1:13 pm
WBB

Originally posted by chippy
Cheers Taff...I did good did'nt I.
not being funny but as disco nipples said earlier this is the lifestyle and culture forum.....if you have a serious immigration related question that you cant get answered in here try there, thats what i do.

now where shall i put my soapbox.

Old Sep 25th 2003, 1:34 pm
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by welshboybilly
not being funny but as disco nipples said earlier this is the lifestyle and culture forum.....if you have a serious immigration related question that you cant get answered in here try there, thats what i do.

now where shall i put my soapbox.
Good point. I don't even frequent the serious forum now, it's too....well, serious.

Having said that, if I had a really important question I wanted answering, I would post on both forums.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.