Reload this Page >

Friends in Newcastle

Friends in Newcastle

Old Aug 25th 2011, 11:37 pm
Just Joined

gini is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Friends in Newcastle

Originally Posted by Jenny Hughes
Permanent Residency finally granted for us yesterday. Yippee - no more Visa paperwork. Four years to wait for Citizenship now!
Well congrats you must be soooooooooooo relieved must get together and celebrate.
Take care
Old Aug 26th 2011, 1:56 am
Just Joined

tadacclh is an unknown quantity at this point

Permanent Residency finally granted for us yesterday. Yippee - no more Visa paperwork. Four years to wait for Citizenship now!
Congrats well done, its a great feeling isnt it when it comes through, you feel that you can finally settle.
So happy for you, hopefully meet up soon
Tonia x
Old Aug 26th 2011, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the visa
Old Aug 26th 2011, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Jenny Hughes has a spectacular aura aboutJenny Hughes has a spectacular aura aboutJenny Hughes has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by JM37
Hi How are you? Just seen your message now. 0414194347 in my number. Would be great to catch up with a few fellow brits. Cheers for now,Jeremy
What type of work do you both do Jeremy?
Old Aug 27th 2011, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Scratch is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, I am using my OH's logon

We are in Medowie, but that isn't far from Maitland, Kurri or the Hunter Valley and I'd/we'd love to meet up for coffee or get together with families.

I do work during the week but would love a girlie coffee at the weekend - do miss having that

If anybody fancies a trip out to Medowie we have a lovely cafe in the local Macadamia Farm !!

Gill
Old Sep 4th 2011, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Jenny Hughes has a spectacular aura aboutJenny Hughes has a spectacular aura aboutJenny Hughes has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Friends in Newcastle

Originally Posted by Scratch
Hi all, I am using my OH's logon

We are in Medowie, but that isn't far from Maitland, Kurri or the Hunter Valley and I'd/we'd love to meet up for coffee or get together with families.

I do work during the week but would love a girlie coffee at the weekend - do miss having that

If anybody fancies a trip out to Medowie we have a lovely cafe in the local Macadamia Farm !!

Gill
May try and meet up soon, we're very busy here at the moment, having only been here 15 months, both working, trying to set up a business, looking after kids and dealing with another Visa process but were finally granted Permanent Residency last month.

Watch this space!
Old Sep 15th 2011, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

claireanne is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Has anyone arranged to get together yet? I'm a 29yr old female who's moving to the Newcastle area in two weeks and would love to come along to one of the meet ups.
Claire
Old Dec 21st 2011, 9:21 am
MicheleandBarry

MicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really niceMicheleandBarry is just really nice

We're from Liverpool UK and have been in Australia 15 months, now living in Rutherford. If you need to get in touch with us send us a Private Message with your mobile no. and we will try to meet up.
Hi Jenny, I am a fellow scouser!! Oh my god we get everywhere eh?
In Geelong at the mo, but looking at NSW for next year to finally settle down, been a crazy few years!
Me and hubby coming your way next year I hope, We got our PR 2 day s before you.. spooky, If you are free in June for a coffee when we do our reccie, be great to hear my fellow accent, (OH Scottish so missing it) So put me in your diary please, How did you guys do it to get here, and where in liverpool are you from?
All the very best for you and yours for your first Aussie PR Christmas!!
Michele and Barry
x
Old Dec 21st 2011, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Lisamacca is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Friends in Newcastle

Originally Posted by claireanne
Hi all,
Has anyone arranged to get together yet? I'm a 29yr old female who's moving to the Newcastle area in two weeks and would love to come along to one of the meet ups.
Claire
Hi Claire, I'm 31, female and live in Newcastle (UK) also. I'm going to Oz in April. Have you arranged much yet?? I'm a nurse and have not got a job. But i intend to work with agencies when I get there. What are you planning?
Lisa

Last edited by Lisamacca; Dec 21st 2011 at 11:41 am. Reason: Forgot to sign my name!!
Old Dec 21st 2011, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Lisamacca is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lisamacca
Hi Claire, I'm 31, female and live in Newcastle (UK) also. I'm going to Oz in April. Have you arranged much yet?? I'm a nurse and have not got a job. But i intend to work with agencies when I get there. What are you planning?
Lisa
Oooops, blonde moment. I'm new to this website and just realised that you posted in September and you are moving to Newcastle in Oz!!! Hope everything went well anyway. Maybe you can give me some tips now that you're there!!
Old Dec 21st 2011, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

claireanne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lisamacca
Oooops, blonde moment. I'm new to this website and just realised that you posted in September and you are moving to Newcastle in Oz!!! Hope everything went well anyway. Maybe you can give me some tips now that you're there!!
Thanks Lisa, we have just moved to Newcastle NSW and are settling in well. there's loads of places here named after uk ones so you'll get used to it soon! Good luck with the move to oz, theres plenty of nurses here so im sure you'll find work easy. Let us know if you have any questions and if i cant answer them, im sure someone on here will be able to.
Claire
Old Jan 14th 2012, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

MadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really niceMadMuvva is just really nice

Hello

We currently live in Scotland - I'm English but my hubby is Australian. He is applying for a job in Newcastle. We lived there before back in 2002 and really liked it. How do you find it now?

We have children aged 8, 6 and 2 years. I think the outdoor lifestyle will be better for them. Sick of computers and DS on all the time because the weather is so naff here!

Is it easy to meet people with kids? Is it easy to find work? I haven't worked full time since 2003 but have had a couple of jobs waitressing/bar work and part time admin. I am looking to get back into some sort of admin post. I've tried here but more chance of flying to the moon. I think that's why we're thinking of going. UK getting so grim and if you have a job, although at least my hubby has work here, he feels stuck as applied for so many things and gets nowhere, despite being highly skilled.

anyway, wee bit of a ramble there. Any info anyone can give me will be much appreciated.

thanks xx
Old Jan 15th 2012, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

peggy76 is on a distinguished road

sent you a message on the other post
mags
Old Jan 19th 2012, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Di580 will become famous soon enoughDi580 will become famous soon enough

Hi All,
I'm from near oxford in the UK and have moved to Singleton/Newcastle to be with my partner. I'm in Singleton in the week and Newcastle on the weekends. I would love to meet up for a coffee, drink and a chat.

If there are any meets up, coffee catch up, I would really like to join.
Would love to hear from anyone?
Thanks
Diane
Old Jan 28th 2012, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

melinscotland is an unknown quantity at this point

Has there been any meet ups ? Im thinking of moving to newcastle and im keen to meet up with people to see what its like . mel