Reload this Page >

Friends Needed!!!

Friends Needed!!!

Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

ukleelou is on a distinguished road
Default Friends Needed!!!

Hi all,

I know there have been tonnes of threads on here with the same problem, but still....

Im 24 years old moved over here 2 months ago to Secret Harbour. Anyway my OH is now working and I'm now at home with our 2 kids ( Ollie nearly 3 and Isla 1)

Although I was a stay at home mum in England I really don't know the first place to start in meeting people my age with or without kids here. I moved in England and had to meet people then, but I was working so the friends I did make were mostly through my job or my OH.

I have joined the gym and although the kids are in the creche and hopefully making little friends its much harder for me to do that when Im puffing along on a treadie!

I am a fun loving young at heart girl, and still enjoy having a night out and glamming up after a week with the kids!

So any ideas.....?
Old Jul 19th 2008, 12:33 am
NO 8 THE LEGEND

Lerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond reputeLerop Pekill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Friends Needed!!!

Originally Posted by ukleelou
Hi all,

I know there have been tonnes of threads on here with the same problem, but still....

Im 24 years old moved over here 2 months ago to Secret Harbour. Anyway my OH is now working and I'm now at home with our 2 kids ( Ollie nearly 3 and Isla 1)

Although I was a stay at home mum in England I really don't know the first place to start in meeting people my age with or without kids here. I moved in England and had to meet people then, but I was working so the friends I did make were mostly through my job or my OH.

I have joined the gym and although the kids are in the creche and hopefully making little friends its much harder for me to do that when Im puffing along on a treadie!

I am a fun loving young at heart girl, and still enjoy having a night out and glamming up after a week with the kids!

So any ideas.....?
come on WA expats where are you all!! leelou search the forum for WA meetings?? not the greatest idea but it's a start!!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

lovingaus will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

So any ideas.....?
Hi ukleelou

Basically in the same boat as you we have now been here for 2 years luckily have family here but it is not the same as having friends. How are you enjoying it so far? Me and the OH are in Wannanup but are currently in the process of moving very soon.

Mandurah is a great place and it would help if could make a few more friends.

lovingaus
Old Aug 28th 2008, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lovingaus
Hi ukleelou

Basically in the same boat as you we have now been here for 2 years luckily have family here but it is not the same as having friends. How are you enjoying it so far? Me and the OH are in Wannanup but are currently in the process of moving very soon.

lovingaus
and I am in the same boat - but in Tasmania! No kids and a young rock loving 45 year old but no takers for mates!

Hey ho....
Old Aug 30th 2008, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lovingaus
Hi ukleelou

lovingaus
Hi!

Wow 2 years, you are veterans compared to us We are really enjoying it so far, there is so much to get done and see that our feet just haven't touched the ground yet!! How are you enjoying it 2 years on? Are you moving to Mandurah?

Leelou x
Old Aug 30th 2008, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cathy_rainbow
and I am in the same boat - but in Tasmania! No kids and a young rock loving 45 year old but no takers for mates!

Hey ho....

Oh no!!! xxx
Old Aug 31st 2008, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

Hi!

Wow 2 years, you are veterans compared to us We are really enjoying it so far, there is so much to get done and see that our feet just haven't touched the ground yet!! How are you enjoying it 2 years on? Are you moving to Mandurah?

Leelou x
Hi Leelou

We are in Mandurah, Wannanup is just down past falcon before the dawesville bridge, in port Bouvard. We are looking to move closer to town hopefully somewhere with a pool. Maybe Halls head or somewhere like that. Yeah it is still as good 2 years on as it was when we arrived. I agree when you first touch down there is so much to organise no matter how long you have been preparing for this it isn't the same till you touch down on aussie soil.

So what does your OH do? Anyways Sunday afternoon better go get my fix of eastenders.

Lovingaus
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Friends Needed!!! ( Mandurah )

So is there anyone else down here in sunny mandurah that meet up regularly. It would be nice to meet new people and make a few friends. I am 32 and my OH is 27. No Kids, No pets.

Would be nice to here from some people.

Cheers

Lovingaus
Old Sep 5th 2008, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

Mrsmightymike has a spectacular aura aboutMrsmightymike has a spectacular aura aboutMrsmightymike has a spectacular aura about

Hi Lovingaus

We down in Secret Harbour and we are 32 and 31, no kids either. We were just down in Mandurah last weekend on the foreshore in the sun, it's only 15 mins from us so we are more than happy to come down and meet up with peops.

MrsMM
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Hi MrsMM

Yeah definately we will have to meet up if you want PM me and we can chat on msn or something and get something arranged. Maybe not this weekend with fathers day but defo sometime soon.

Cheers

Lovingaus

Originally Posted by Mrsmightymike
Hi Lovingaus

We down in Secret Harbour and we are 32 and 31, no kids either. We were just down in Mandurah last weekend on the foreshore in the sun, it's only 15 mins from us so we are more than happy to come down and meet up with peops.

MrsMM