Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Friends in Melbourne

Friends in Melbourne

Old Dec 27th 2009, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

junglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nice
Default Re: Friends in Melbourne

Originally Posted by Almo
Having a bad day today, feeling a bit lost and lonely and thought I would post! We've been here 2.5 years and are doing OK on the work mates front, as well as the odd person/couple to have a drink with but can't seem to find anyone to be proper friends with! Hope that doesn't sound too lame after 2.5 years

Anyway, would anyone be interested in a drink sometime?

We are both 26, live in the wild wild west but can travel easily. I'd be happy to meet up with some girls for a girly chat or couples/families whatever. Anyone basically!
Hi there,

I'm in the West too. Mighty Footscray as it happens, and would love to meet up. Myself and my girlfriend (who just got here 8 weeks ago) are always up for new faces, so drop me a PM and let's have a great 2010. BTW there's a BBQ (potentially) in Yarraville if you'd both like to come.

Cheers,

Alex.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

hi alex

brian here, I think we should have a meet in that park in yarrivle it could be a meet in the west for a change. any one interested?
Old Dec 28th 2009, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dolly
hi alex

brian here, I think we should have a meet in that park in yarrivle it could be a meet in the west for a change. any one interested?
meet in yarraville tonight if you fancy it at the yarra lounge, ballarat street, across from the sun cinema. Tapas and sangria(as well as wine and beers)

A few of us going so the more the merrier

Al
Old Dec 28th 2009, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
meet in yarraville tonight if you fancy it at the yarra lounge, ballarat street, across from the sun cinema. Tapas and sangria(as well as wine and beers)

A few of us going so the more the merrier

Al
Argh! I need to get on here more regularly and see these posts! Keep missing these things. Yarraville would have been perfect for us as well!

OK, things are a little hectic for us workwise at the moment, but would anyone fancy moonlight cinema on Sat 2nd - it's not exactly showing a cinematic classic that day, but I do think it's a pretty good atmosphere for meeting new people - few drinks etc before the film starts, no pressure on anyone.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Bobbin is an unknown quantity at this point

Aargh, I have missed all the posts too as been away. Hope you all had a good christmas.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

junglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nicejunglegeorge45 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Almo
Argh! I need to get on here more regularly and see these posts! Keep missing these things. Yarraville would have been perfect for us as well!

OK, things are a little hectic for us workwise at the moment, but would anyone fancy moonlight cinema on Sat 2nd - it's not exactly showing a cinematic classic that day, but I do think it's a pretty good atmosphere for meeting new people - few drinks etc before the film starts, no pressure on anyone.
Could be good. I'm still annoyed that they cancelled Life of Brian for a few drops of rain though.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bobbin
Aargh, I have missed all the posts too as been away. Hope you all had a good christmas.
Hi Bobbin,

Plans for the new year yet?

Alex.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by junglegeorge45
Hi Bobbin,

Plans for the new year yet?

Alex.
Hi Alex
No plans as yet, not really a big fan of NYE tho, think I must be getting old!!
Kathryn x
Old Dec 29th 2009, 1:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bobbin
Hi Alex
No plans as yet, not really a big fan of NYE tho, think I must be getting old!!
Kathryn x
Are you a fan of meeting new friends?

Thats how you gotta look at it, no matter how crap the event seems or out of your comfort zone, get out there and enjoy others company.

Al
Old Dec 29th 2009, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

mellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nice

hi there me (29 ) and the hubby is 30 need a few buddys we are west can meet in the city or whatever really ! be nice to make a few mates just to catch up with we have been here 2.5 too !

mel
Old Dec 29th 2009, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

hi guys
there are a few of us going to the moonlight cinema to night if you are interested
brian
Old Dec 29th 2009, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

beachlou is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dolly
hi guys
there are a few of us going to the moonlight cinema to night if you are interested
brian
Hi there,

We're heading to the cinema tonight too. Are there any set plans?

Louise & Chris
Old Dec 29th 2009, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beachlou
Hi there,

We're heading to the cinema tonight too. Are there any set plans?

Louise & Chris

bring a rug or hire a bean bag, bring mossie spray and sometrhing warm as it gets cold sitting around after dark

Meeting up about 7.30 in there.

Ill pm you my number and call me when you are there.
Al
Old Dec 29th 2009, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Hey, I should be up for the cinema tonight, sounds good.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

ive just texted you my number, are you sorted?

Al

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.