Reload this Page >

Fridges and Gas!

Fridges and Gas!

Old Aug 3rd 2004, 9:42 pm
At last! We're here!!!

alison_g is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fridges and Gas!

Hi all
There have been many discussions on several forums re fridges etc, I have sent at email to Ozone at Immigration as we have a Smeg fridge which is an R600a and although I was aware fridges marked r134a are ok. Our shipping Company PSS were also only aware of the ability to ship r134a's... however, I have today received a reply from Ozon at Immi who confirm that I am able to take my Smeg or any other fridge which is R600a as it is not a gas regulated under the Ozone protection legislation so there is no problem with importing.

All that needs to happen is that the make model and refrigerant gas of the fridge is logged on the shipping inventory.

I know there have been many messages on several forums, but this info. may well some more of you about to move.

Alison
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 10:35 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fridges and Gas!

That's right, R660a is isobutane which is a simple HC (hydrocarbon) so it's fine. People should be aware though that a fridge or freezer can fail at two different hurdles, as the gas used for refrigeration and the gas used in blowing the insulation may well be different, and one may be ok when the other is not. Just a note of caution, mostly for those with older fridges!