Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Freedom of Speech Anyone...??

Freedom of Speech Anyone...??

Old Mar 10th 2003, 11:00 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Freedom of Speech Anyone...??

A lot of people spend a lot of time moaning about PB's negativity, but for my part I kinda think 'yeah keep throwing all this crap PB, this immigration thing is a long and difficult process, I want to hear the whole story, filter out all the waffle and make my own judgements accordingly'.

Whatever anyone says about this guy, he gives some articulate replies, often with some pretty good info, in an attempt to back up his theories.

It takes a certain kind of person to be able to up sticks and move to a different area, let alone the other side of the world, and hopefully I'll be one of them in the not too distant future. No doubt, trials and tribulations befall many of those that make it, so unsavoury comments read on this forum will seem pretty lightweight.
Old Mar 10th 2003, 1:48 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Wow! The backlash has started even sooner that I thought.

In answer to your question, I think Qld is a great place based on the fact that I've spent about 5 months there, over a couple of trips visiting relatives. I don't claim to be a fountain of knowledge on the place, but I've spent enough time there to be prepared to have a go at PR. Some people emmigrate without having never been to Aus at all!

Incidentally, anyone can have a 'theory', no matter how far fetched it may seem.
Old Mar 10th 2003, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

anzen12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I started to suspect that PB was connected to this site - as his messages invariably create a flurry of responses. Sites like this only survive with lots of messages and replies.

I also bet that most people that read your title would of thought - "Oh no! PB, here we go again."

See, I'm doing it right now....
Old Mar 10th 2003, 10:43 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Freedom of Speech Anyone...??

Originally posted by chippy
A lot of people spend a lot of time moaning about PB's negativity, but for my part I kinda think 'yeah keep throwing all this crap PB, this immigration thing is a long and difficult process, I want to hear the whole story, filter out all the waffle and make my own judgements accordingly'.

Whatever anyone says about this guy, he gives some articulate replies, often with some pretty good info, in an attempt to back up his theories.

It takes a certain kind of person to be able to up sticks and move to a different area, let alone the other side of the world, and hopefully I'll be one of them in the not too distant future. No doubt, trials and tribulations befall many of those that make it, so unsavoury comments read on this forum will seem pretty lightweight.

Good luck Pal I expected more anti-PB posts than this to your thread , it would be easy to inflate the things Australia has over the UK which in a bag are weather and better beaches and not much more.
The only racists I have found here are Aussies they dislike everyone whos not born here, the PR job thats goes on in Australia amounts to if you see anyway to improve things you are whinger because there cannot be anyway to improve perfection .
Winning at a few minor sports does not make them world leaders or that clever , this is the land of want to be's and my view is thats all they are.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Mar 11th 2003 at 3:29 am.
Old Mar 10th 2003, 11:39 pm
Banned

Thylacoleo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Good luck Pal I expected more anti-PB than this is posts to your thread , is would be easy to inflate the things Australia has over the UK which in a bag are weather and better beaches and not much more.
The only racists I have found here are Aussies they dislike everyone whos not born here, the PR job thats goes on n Australia amounts to if you see anyway to improve things you are whinger because there cannot be anyway to improve
perfection .
Wining at a few minor sports does not make them world leaders or that clever , this is the land of want to be's and in view thats all they are.

"The Gastevich family, owners of OB, have discovered a special beer additive which Urang Utangs find irresistably intoxicating. Nightly vacuum their pockets. Keeps them tied to the grinder. Makes them stroppy in the morning but the approach of feeding time causes light headedness."

How could we improve over having you as a pissing post, Eh?
Old Mar 11th 2003, 1:35 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Thylacoleo
"The Gastevich family, owners of OB, have discovered a special beer additive which Urang Utangs find irresistably intoxicating. Nightly vacuum their pockets. Keeps them tied to the grinder. Makes them stroppy in the morning but the approach of feeding time causes light headedness."

How could we improve over having you as a pissing post, Eh?
Between the bank and this good family they give me a reason to work , the bank give me less back and take more away.

Old Mar 11th 2003, 1:52 am
Banned

Between the bank and this good family they give me a reason to work , the bank give me less back and take more away.

You poor little Marketing Victim! Still, I do understand, commiserate. Billions robbed pennies at a time every day. It's hard not being swept up in the galloping herd.
Old Mar 11th 2003, 1:56 am
Banned

You poor little Marketing Victim! Still, I do understand, commiserate. Billions robbed pennies at a time every day. It's hard not being swept up in the galloping herd.
Having a car, roof , eating and drinking are an over marketed way of living , hows your cave get much tucker off the land?

Old Mar 11th 2003, 2:18 am
Banned

Having a car, roof , eating and drinking are an over marketed way of living , hows your cave get much tucker off the land?

Aye! Gets the odd Fush&Chupper, Pom pass by in Landrovers. We cross legged hummers seer far, travel dark.
Old Mar 11th 2003, 2:24 am
Banned

Aye! Gets the odd Fush&Chupper, Pom pass by in Landrovers. We cross legged hummers seer far, travel dark.

Fush&Chupper is mainly frozen here and cooking flat not real lardie , them landrovers use up to much oily stuff better for frying might add taste to Fush&Chupper, I hum all day roll on happy hour.

Old Mar 11th 2003, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chippy

Good on ya Chippy! With that attitude, you will make it in OZ.

The ones who wont are too busy waffling on about palm trees, beaches, cheap houses, no crime and the no bills cause they bring a few english pounds with them. Trouble is once the pounds convert, they are gone and reality hits with a super bang on the head.

I think if people were more realistic like yourself, Pommie would have never needed to put in 17 million or whatever posts!!

Anyway if this is the lifestyle forum, I cant see any people more qualified to post here than those actually living here.
Old Mar 11th 2003, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

pommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant futurepommiesheila has a brilliant future

Good luck Pal I expected more anti-PB posts than this to your thread , it would be easy to inflate the things Australia has over the UK which in a bag are weather and better beaches and not much more.
The only racists I have found here are Aussies they dislike everyone whos not born here, the PR job thats goes on in Australia amounts to if you see anyway to improve things you are whinger because there cannot be anyway to improve perfection .
Winning at a few minor sports does not make them world leaders or that clever , this is the land of want to be's and my view is thats all they are.

`scuse me PB - "better beaches" - have you been to some of the more remote coastal areas around Britain - (and I include Wales and Scotland in this) - there are some FANTASTIC beaches in the British Isles. Unfortunately, the weather just doesn`t do them justice for 90% of the time!!!
Old Mar 11th 2003, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

the weathers to cool 99.5% of the time and for the other .5% the sea is far to cold and polluted. get real stop spouting garbage.

Stoney
Old Mar 11th 2003, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommiesheila
`scuse me PB - "better beaches" - have you been to some of the more remote coastal areas around Britain - (and I include Wales and Scotland in this) - there are some FANTASTIC beaches in the British Isles. Unfortunately, the weather just doesn`t do them justice for 90% of the time!!!

Oh and next you'll be telling us that the motorways are'nt packed by cars heading on a 7hr journey towards the few decent beaches there are on any one of the........ well on the weekend of hot weather the forecasters tell us we are about to have and then it rains on the sunday and the motorways are solid on the way home because of all the minor accidents because people can't drive in the rain in the UK.
Its great here....................
its also easy to put anywhere down

stoney