Freebox

Old Dec 27th 2004, 6:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Question Freebox

I know this is probably a stupid question, I've seen all the posts on DVD's, TV's etc and whether they'd work in Oz but I've not seen anything about the freeview boxes - would they work? If so, would they still pick up the same channels ?

I'm pretty thick when it comes to all things technical, but, I've asked the retailers and got met with a load of pretty blank faces

Free karma to all who reply !!
Old Dec 27th 2004, 10:48 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Freebox

Originally Posted by ohippy
I know this is probably a stupid question, I've seen all the posts on DVD's, TV's etc and whether they'd work in Oz but I've not seen anything about the freeview boxes - would they work? If so, would they still pick up the same channels ?

I'm pretty thick when it comes to all things technical, but, I've asked the retailers and got met with a load of pretty blank faces

Free karma to all who reply !!
No you won't get UK freeview in Australia also probably won't pick up Australian digital broadcasts.
Sell the box and get a new one here

Good luck

Paul J
Old Dec 27th 2004, 11:18 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

It might work... if you've got a really, really , really, really ,really big aerial.
Old Dec 28th 2004, 3:07 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Both countries broadcast in DVB. There may or may not be a variation in standards from nation to nation but the technology is the same. You can use PC digital receivers from nation to nation. I may get one and use my HDD as a recorder.
Old Dec 28th 2004, 7:49 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Our's went to the MIL in her home!

Depending where you are headed, it might be worthwhile to seel yours and buy a HD STB here. Quite a lot of the capital citys' transmission is in high definition digital, less out in the country. The difference is so striking that it would be a pity to get SD if you have to strt afresh.
Old Dec 28th 2004, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future

Is there any point taking a sky digibox to aus? also i have an old analogue one that i dont know what to do with
Old Dec 28th 2004, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the replies - looks like it's not worth it and my daughter will have to wait until we get there !!
Old Dec 28th 2004, 7:55 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
Our's went to the MIL in her home!

Depending where you are headed, it might be worthwhile to seel yours and buy a HD STB here. Quite a lot of the capital citys' transmission is in high definition digital, less out in the country. The difference is so striking that it would be a pity to get SD if you have to strt afresh.
Yep but you need an HDTV which is bloody expensive. Wouldn't mind one though.
Old Dec 28th 2004, 8:51 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

They will come down in price, and it would be a shame to have to upgrade later. Pity about the programmes though!