View Poll Results: What are you doing with your "free" cash?
Spending
24.62%
Saving
44.62%
Paying off debts
26.15%
Dont know...
4.62%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

"Free" money

Old Mar 12th 2009, 1:48 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: "Free" money

Got ours today will probably go on bills, good help though glad of it
Old Mar 12th 2009, 2:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Hope to get mine at the start of April. I'm saving it for now then will use it towards flights from having to leave Aus to have my 175 visa issued!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by fraser
Curry, bagel, pie and mash, jellied eels and that's just my first day

Me too but not jellied eels
Old Mar 12th 2009, 3:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Double post

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 12th 2009 at 3:07 am.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Curry for me, I'd do the pie and mash. I dont think bagels is a big South London tradition.... thats for you Northerners I'll even go the Jellied eels, just for the sake of tradition. I'm more a Cockels and Whelks man meself, and thats after at least 6 pints of Fullers ESB.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 3:12 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by FluffieFaerie
Do you happen to know what year they are basing their income on? DH only commenced employment at the end of July 08 earning about $70k pa. Are they calculating for the current tax year or the previous one - do you think he will be entitled to anything?
It is worked out on the year ended 30th June 2008.

Very unlikely you will get any from the ATO then. I didn't pay any tax last year, so I also miss out on that one aswell

Old Mar 12th 2009, 3:16 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Very unlikely you will get any from the ATO then. I didn't pay any tax last year, so I also miss out on that one aswell
We thought that might be the case. Hey-ho, can't complain! Thanks for that.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 3:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When is it supposed to be in by ABCD. We havent dealt with Centerlink for so long that I'm getting anxious that they dont have our details.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:08 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
When is it supposed to be in by ABCD. We havent dealt with Centerlink for so long that I'm getting anxious that they dont have our details.
The Centrelink payments are being made this week and next week, on the same date that your normal FTB payments are paid.
They are quoting the dates 11th to 20th March.

Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Centrelink payments are being made this week and next week, on the same date that your normal FTB payments are paid.
They are quoting the dates 11th to 20th March.
We dont get the Normal FTB payments, we wait till the end of the year and get them with our tax return. I understand that these latest payments are to be made before then ?
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:22 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

do you get it if you've just paid tax on assets rather than an actual employment income?
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:30 am
ABCDiamond

We dont get the Normal FTB payments, we wait till the end of the year and get them with our tax return. I understand that these latest payments are to be made before then ?
I think you will get yours after you lodge your FTB claim and your 2008/09 tax return.

This is based on Centrelink needing to be aware that you are eligible on 3rd Feb 2009.

I do feel that those on the annual payment may be slightly disadvantaged, in a situation where they may have been eligible on 3rd Feb, but end up being ineligible at the year end, due to changes in income.

I might by a new computer with mine, this has crashed about 8 times today...

oh wait a minute.. I can use the Education Tax Refund to pay for that one ...

Oh what, Oh what can I spend it on ?

And who said the streets of Australia were NOT paved with Gold

Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:32 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Possums
do you get it if you've just paid tax on assets rather than an actual employment income?
An interesting question, they do only stipulate a taxable income within the threshold, and having paid some tax. Therefore I would expect it would be covered by that aswell.

Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:38 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

me too.... which is a bugger cos you'd think those on the lowest incomes are the ones who need it the most!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

we get ours at the end of the year usually but we got this bonus this week (as with the $1000 before xmas)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.