Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fraser Island Piccies

Fraser Island Piccies

Old May 15th 2004, 8:08 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Tina, you said it was beautiful, you are sooo right! Must persuade The Bloke to take me up there.
Old May 15th 2004, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Tina, is that & Red Canyon taken at Cooloola/North Shore/Coloured Sands?

Yes just South of Rainbow Beach. We drove on the beach from Double Bay to Noosa 40miles of beach! Then we got the ferry across the river.

A great place for camping as it is one of the only areas that you can camp actually on the beach.
Old May 15th 2004, 10:17 am
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough

Tina
Thankd for these - they are fantastic!
We are going to Brisbane for a "research trip" in November but think we'll have to take a day off to visit Fraser Island now!!!
Old May 15th 2004, 3:18 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tinaj
Yes just South of Rainbow Beach. We drove on the beach from Double Bay to Noosa 40miles of beach! Then we got the ferry across the river.

A great place for camping as it is one of the only areas that you can camp actually on the beach.
Yeah I recognised it Tina, my brother owns a beach house up there at Teewah which we go & stay in. Been going up that beach since I was about 5 years old .

If you were up there at Easter the place would have been heaving with people, I avoid it like the plague when its like that :scared: . (yes, actually there are still not many people compared to most places, but too many for me ). Best time I think is in the middle of the week, you can go a whole day & only see a half a dozen other people .

Did you get up to see the Cherry Venture while you were there? Or whats left of it anyway? We were up there camping the weekend that it ran aground. This is a pic of it a few years ago, before they cut it to the ground (which they did about 6-9 months ago )
Attached Thumbnails Fraser Island Piccies-c-m-cherry-venture-nov-01.jpg  
Old May 16th 2004, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

We were lucky as it was pretty empty up there when we went. We went mid week which must have helped and we stayed at Rainbow Beach, in a unit for a few days.

Yes we saw the Cherry Venture, but I wasn't too impressed as there is a better wreck on Dicky Beach just up the road! Your twins don't look too impressed either! I bet you told them to sit there nicely while you took the photo