Fraser Island

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fraser Island

I am staying in CBD in Brisbane for a week...........is it realistic to do a day trip to Fraser Island ?.........won't be able to stay on the island.

Also....what else is a must do or see in Brisbane?

thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Fraser Island

Originally Posted by Olibeneli
I am staying in CBD in Brisbane for a week...........is it realistic to do a day trip to Fraser Island ?.........won't be able to stay on the island.

thanks
You can drive up to Rainbow Beach from Brisbane (takes a couple of hours) Then get on a tour with Fraser Explorer Tours, I think their website is..
www.fraserexplorertours.com.au
and do a day trip round the island with them. They stop at a lot of the tourist sites. You can only go onto Fraser Island in a 4wd vehicle, so they do the tour on a 4wd bus.
Have a good trip!
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ascot Berks(06.04) to Cronulla nr Sydney back to Ascot (04.05)
Rosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really nice

Originally Posted by Olibeneli

thanks
Im sure they do day trips - go to McKenzie Lake - if I was teccy enough to attach a picture I tried but file too large
Its brilliant there loved loved loved it Out of this world
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Take your silver..you can clean it in that lake!!

SS
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

You've got to be kidding it's at least a 4 hour drive to Hervey Bay or Rainbow Beach, so 8 hours of your day will be spent driving their and back.

Go to Moreton Island instead as it's a sand island as well right on your doorstep.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiwipaul
You've got to be kidding it's at least a 4 hour drive to Hervey Bay or Rainbow Beach, so 8 hours of your day will be spent driving their and back.

Go to Moreton Island instead as it's a sand island as well right on your doorstep.
Yeah, I agree with KiwiPaul. Moreton Island is a better choice for a day out from Brisbane. It's not as touristy as Fraser. You get the Tangalooma Flyer in the morning that takes you to the only resort on the island. Then from there, there's differrent stuff you can sign up for - the sand toboganning (sp?) is highly recommended. I'm a big fan of Moreton Island. I think it's the best place in the world. If Matt didn't get his visa, we were thinking going to Moreton Island and disappearing into obscurity with one of the communes over there.