Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

foxtel........???

foxtel........???

Old Oct 12th 2006, 2:46 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default foxtel........???

Hi all, well weve been here nearly for months now and im finally giving in, i just cant stand the Aussie tv anymore, sorry to any Aussies reading this can i just ask though is foxtel the best one to go for and, i understand its not as good as sky however is it still worth getting?

Thanks again, xx

Last edited by Dawn; Oct 12th 2006 at 2:52 am.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 2:50 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: foxtel........???

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi all, well weve been here nearly for months now and im finally giving in, i just cant stand the Aussie tv anymore, sorry to any Aussies reading this can i just ask though is foxtel the best one to go for and, i understand its now as good as sky however is it still worth getting?

Thanks again, xx

Yes! There's still a lot of crap on foxtel but it's soooooooo much better than only having 7,9 and 10.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 2:52 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Phew.............thanks for that, i cant wait

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
Yes! There's still a lot of crap on foxtel but it's soooooooo much better than only having 7,9 and 10.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 3:51 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, well weve been here nearly for months now and im finally giving in, i just cant stand the Aussie tv anymore, sorry to any Aussies reading this can i just ask though is foxtel the best one to go for and, i understand its not as good as sky however is it still worth getting?

Thanks again, xx

We have foxtel and find it OK, not as good as Sky but certainly better than having just the normal channels. We don't have the full package, we skipped the movies and pay $75 per month. However when we moved house recently we did upgrade to the Foxtel iq, similar to Sky Plus. It costs an extra $15 per month on my package or $5 per month if you have the full package.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 4:17 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again, xx
yes i know what u mean about the TV over here..it's absolute garbage...so we too got Foxtel and it is OK, still find myself scanning through the channels finding something to watch..always end up watching Changing Rooms in the hope i can transform my home into something half descent
Old Oct 12th 2006, 4:22 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

that sounds good but not sure what sky plus is??? also ontop of your monthly subscription did you have to pay for installation ect? thanks again x

Originally Posted by paulrachel
yes i know what u mean about the TV over here..it's absolute garbage...so we too got Foxtel and it is OK, still find myself scanning through the channels finding something to watch..always end up watching Changing Rooms in the hope i can transform my home into something half descent
Old Oct 12th 2006, 4:25 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

that sounds good but not sure what sky plus is??? also ontop of your monthly subscription did you have to pay for installation ect? thanks again x
$100 for installation. Foxtel iq is where you can pause and rewind the tv and tape a couple of things at the same time. Very useful, means my old man can watch things like American Plopper and American Ploprod when I have gone to bed.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 4:26 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

when we signed up we got installation free...plus a months worth of top package...but you can go through Telstra if you want instead of Foxtel...find out which company is doing the best deal!!! you will get something for free if you have them competing...although Oz is not as generous as UK
Old Oct 12th 2006, 5:17 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

The only difference is that it takes longer with satellite to get through all the programs. Once you've seen them all it's onto repeats ad infinitum!
Old Oct 12th 2006, 6:01 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

We get ours installed tomorrow.

$36.95 per month. No installation fee. After 3 months can keep at 36.95 or go up to $54 for the package which we get free for the first 3 months. 12 month contract.

I doubt it will be much good but it's worth it to get BBC and CNN news.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Thanks again, xx
IQ is great consider getting it.

Also cost for an extra outlet (for the kids) is worth considering.
Not trying to sell it but if you have come from the UK and had Sky over there, Foxtel is a must.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Originally Posted by ali south
IQ is great consider getting it.

Also cost for an extra outlet (for the kids) is worth considering.
Not trying to sell it but if you have come from the UK and had Sky over there, Foxtel is a must.
Australian terrestrial TV is so full of your typical American crap that Foxtel is an absolute must
Old Oct 13th 2006, 2:42 am
Forum Regular

Koala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant futureKoala Konnection has a brilliant future

We had sky in the UK because we lived in Wales, received Welsh tv... and we're not Welsh! So, forced as we were to watch sky, or face another episode of Pobel-y-Cym (forgive my spelling) or a whole night in with S4C, we found ourselves restricted... yes, restricted to sky only. As Wol mentioned, after a while you think it's Ground Hog day.

So imagine my delight to move to Australia and discover not only free tv, but free tv in English!

Now I'm bombarded with NCIS or CSI or 'All New' something or other and our only salvation is the ABC and Midsommer Murders. What is it with Australia's devotion to American crime shows?

Funny thing is, my dad gets fox and when I visit him I get to watch all the programs he loves, which are the ones I saw more than two years ago in the UK on sky!

Paul.
Old Oct 13th 2006, 3:01 am

gedge has disabled reputation

uknova anyone?
Old Oct 13th 2006, 3:04 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by gedge
uknova anyone?
If I was a happy clappy churchgoer, I would thank god every day for UK Nova. I have Extras and Corrie downloading as we speak.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.